I don't know what to believe. Some news reports say his condition is improving, while others say that it is getting worst.

WTF do you expect, he's a politician!

Suharto near to death, say doctors

Guardian Unlimited, UK - 2 hours ago

Doctors treating the former Indonesian dictator Suharto say there is little hope for his survival after his condition worsened in hospital. ...

I doubt they said "little hope" 2 years ago.

Does he have a court appearance soon or summat??

Hope this is the real deal as there's a guilt-free £300 in my work's pool with my name on it if he goes.

Yee ha :skull:

Guest Guest_dave_*

Hope this is the real deal as there's a guilt-free �300 in my work's pool with my name on it if he goes.

the only appointment Mr Suharto has is with the devil himself...

Hope this is the real deal as there's a guilt-free £300 in my work's pool with my name on it if he goes.

My dead pool is up to £450+ at the moment, and guess what........................................... He isn't on the list. :skull:

The most recent documented words by Suharto are 'Can say what they want - it is empty talk'

I say 'Suharto don't tease no more -real deal'

you're being generous, HCW.

I'd give him to the end of the week.

I didn't want too much egg on my face when I got it wrong, thats why I gave him so much time. Truth be told end of the week would be about right

I'll give him 10 days.

I didn't want too much egg on my face when I got it wrong, thats why I gave him so much time. Truth be told end of the week would be about right

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm 100% wrong on my predictions on who will be the next to go. :skull:

I'll give him 10 days.

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm 100% wrong on my predictions on who will be the next to go. :skull:

No doubt some 'rank' outsider will cark it and rob me the day before Suharto.

Wikipedia is reporting him to be dead....

CNN says he is improving...

One can only hope that, like Papon, Valenti and Pinochet, that it's only temporary, but Suharto does seem to have a way of recovering from these things. Wouldn't mind an early, guilt-free DL and, personally, HDP hit though.

Hey Canadian Paul.

This is HisSpaceResearch from Wikipedia. How are you doing?

One can only hope that, like Papon, Valenti and Pinochet, that it's only temporary, but Suharto does seem to have a way of recovering from these things. Wouldn't mind an early, guilt-free DL and, personally, HDP hit though.

Hey Canadian Paul.

Not as good as I'll be doing when Suharto finally carks it! I've been waiting to get my revenge on Indonesia for some time now, though I'm not sure if his death will be mourned or celebrated there.

Guest Guest_dave_*
I'll give him 10 days.

late update withinb last 10 minutes-Suharto condition deteriotrates further-entire family gathered at bedside-doctors indicating he is in final hours http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2008-01...ent_6380420.htm

I'll give him 10 days.

late update withinb last 10 minutes-Suharto condition deteriotrates further-entire family gathered at bedside-doctors indicating he is in final hours http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2008-01...ent_6380420.htm

That's the same report that's been floating around all day. If you do a search on "Suharto" in Google News, you'll see exactly the same text for each article

Indonesia Suharto slightly better, but still critical

although there is a more recent report which states

The health of Indonesia's ailing former dictator Suharto has not improved and is "quite worrying", with officials on top alert, health minister Siti Fadilah Supari said late Tuesday.

Suharto was admitted to hospital with a weakening heart and kidney and lung problems on Friday. His condition was seen as improving Monday but by Tuesday had relapsed.

"It has not improved, it is still quite worrying and we are all on top alert," Supari said after visiting the president at around 1600 GMT Tuesday.

Guest Guestiepoo

Hey Canadian Paul.

Not as good as I'll be doing when Suharto finally carks it! I've been waiting to get my revenge on Indonesia for some time now, though I'm not sure if his death will be mourned or celebrated there.

Nah, they will waste untold resources to keep him alive like they are doing with Sharon. He still may die in the next couple of days, but not for a lack of attention that no normal citizen would receive. :skull:

Indonesia's Suharto Relying on Machines

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Former Indonesian dictator Suharto was being kept alive by machines and breathing with difficulty, doctors said Thursday, a week after he was hospitalized in critical condition.

Fluids are building up in the 86-year-old's lungs, but there are no immediate plans to put him on a respirator and no signs of pneumonia, said Marjo Subiandono, the chief presidential doctor.

Doctors were hopeful the former strongman could eventually be taken off dialysis, but for now his kidneys are still failing, Subiandono said.

'Near death' with 'little hope'.

Remind anyone else of another world leader who became dependent on machines in early January a couple of years ago... ;)

Remind anyone else of another world leader who became dependent on machines in early January a couple of years ago... ;)

correct. deja vu. they do this to wind us up... i think old suharto may be around for a while yet....

Guest Robert Smith

correct. deja vu. they do this to wind us up... i think old suharto may be around for a while yet....

It's truth. However there are some differences between Sharon and Suharto. Suharto has serious heart, respiratory and kidneys problems unlike Ariel Sharon. Mr. Suharto will probably die due to multiple organ failure.

Guest Guest

"Persistive Vegetative State" should count as a death in the pools.

Anyway, Hillary won the race to the top... probably because Suharto is headed in the other direction.

Now he is being treated for a Lung Infection.

Not having much luck, is he?