"Tonight, the conditions are safe, there is an improvement in his blood pressure... The indicators show a lower infection (level)," he added.

hahahahaha

the trend continues

tuesday: "On January 8, 2008, Suharto's health worsened as doctors diagnosed him of anaemia and low blood pressure due to heart and kidney complications. There was internal bleeding, fluid on his lungs, blood in his faeces and urine which caused haemoglobin drop."

thursday: suharto improves slightly

friday: suharto suffers multiple organ failure

saturday: suharto improves slightly

sunday: suharto very critical

monday: suharto improves slightly

tuesday: suharto develops sepsis and irregular heartbeat

wednesday: suharto improves slightly

==

and wtf happened to suharto's pneumonia? and wtf happened to "very critical" condition? or to "suharto has little hope"?

My favorite was his 'heart jump started' it's just so overdue. I can tell you that if 'for some reason' he manages to overcome these circumstances he will be the greatest tease in all of Deathlist history. He will beat Fidel 1 2 3. No doubt.

I've also recognized that the anticipated death of 'Suwhoreto' is practically interfering with the lives of people who post on this web sight. InquilineKea probably hasn't went to bed in like four nights. .. I swear.. Or at least every time I've visited in the passed few days I see you looking at this thread. I'm also noticing a compulsion with Phantom.

From a recent article today it reads

Suharto is ``fully conscious but weak,'' and is responding to verbal commands, Soebiandono said today.

Guest Guest_dave_*

lets face it folks we're all being taken for a big ride.This guys nmo more going to die than Ronnie Biggs.wHEN HE EVENTUALLY DOIES DIE IN ABOUT 5 YEARS TIME IT'LL COME OUT OF THE BLUE WITH NONE OF THIs fuss.Lets all just forget abuot him and move on to someone more deserving of our attention.

lets face it folks we're all being taken for a big ride.

I couldn't agree more. I'm no doctor but to go through the full range of medical nasties like pneumonia, sepsis, multiple organ failure, "brain failure", cardiac arrest, ingrowing toenails and end up fully conscious and supposedly feeling well seems a tad far fetched??? He's either pan bread already or chuckling in his mansion at the gullible mugs following every twist and turn of his very own episode of ER.

You're all over reacting. He's a dead cert for 2008. Now all go & have a nice cup of tea & relax.

EDIT: Just found this. It's not funny or clever to mess us around like this.

Doctors said they had contained a severe blood infection, and that he was now able to breath unassisted, according to The Associated Press.

aka there are no (immediate) threats to his life anymore.

the news reports don't even say whether he's been "cured" of something or not. we're all left in the dark. What the hell happened to all his past conditions? it seems like they've all disappeared. the news treat him as better off than he was PRIOR to suffering multiple organ failure now (he was described as with "little hope" PRIOR to multiple organ failure).

and there has been no explicit mention of him not being "very critical" anymore

lmao i am laughing so hard at this

You're all over reacting. He's a dead cert for 2008. Now all go & have a nice cup of tea & relax.

I don't doubt he'll cark it in 2008, but from a purely selfish point of view I fear it'll be too late for my work's pool. No doubt Clive Dunn, Jimmy Saville or some other relatively benign celebrity will quietly shuffle off and rob me. :banghead:

Doctors said they had contained a severe blood infection, and that he was now able to breath unassisted, according to The Associated Press.

aka there are no (immediate) threats to his life anymore.

Unless you count an angry mob as a threat....

"When the law fails to side with the people, don't blame them if they take matters into their own hand," said Napitupulu, a prominent activist during the 1998 student protests.

He said his organisation, which claims to number around 10,000 activists, was considering to try to "take over" the hospital where Suharto was being treated in the same way activists took over the parliament building in 1998.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/id...lBrandChannel=0

:banghead::lol:

Go on....pull the plug.

I have no doubt that Suharto is a dead cert for 2008, but he could well linger for a while yet.....

Are we sure this current bout of under-the-weatherness is genuine? It could just be a smokescreen. As the latest Economist points out in this article about dealing with nasty old dictators:

Meanwhile, General Suharto, Indonesia's former dictator, aged 86, has once again been rushed to hospital in the midst of legal proceedings for graft. Previous moves to prosecute him—he is alleged to have embezzled $1.54 billion during his 32-year reign—have failed on grounds of ill health. But he may have cried wolf too often. Despite the general's reported “critical” condition, Indonesia's attorney-general vowed to press ahead regardless with civil proceedings against him.

While not wishing to deprive anyone here of their fun, it would be nice to see the bastard behind bars before he shuffles off.

While not wishing to deprive anyone here of their fun, it would be nice to see the bastard behind bars before he shuffles off.

From the stream of high-ranking officials of his own nation and others in the region who've supposedly been flocking to the studio...sorry, "hospital" and their praise for how he 'might have made some mistakes but look how well he made the trains run', I'd say the chances are 50-50 he'll never see a jail cell.

Aren't the doctors supposed to be also fitting him with a new pacemaker? if that's the case then it would be extra risky, Suharto has been prone to internal bleeding.

So who knows, either he'll die from the after effects of the most recent problems, or he'll die on the operating table

Aren't the doctors supposed to be also fitting him with a new pacemaker? if that's the case then it would be extra risky, Suharto has been prone to internal bleeding.

So who knows, either he'll die from the after effects of the most recent problems, or he'll die on the operating table

If he did die on the operating table I would not like to be the surgeon doing the op. He'd be accused of murder by Suharto's supporters and therefore public enemy number one. He'd also be accused of murder by those who want Suharto to survive long enough for a trail, and so would also be public enemy number one. No way would either side be ready to accept it was because people die during operations, especially the very old and very ill.

St Peter's preparing his choir

As doctors and patient conspire

Even on Vanuatu

It's ever "Suharto"

Predict when the man will expire

This whole situation reminds me of when Pinochet was on the way out, he constantly evaded prosecution through ill health and didn't die until the end of the year

Yeah, but if we post like f**k on this thread and apply a little Chaos Theory we might destabilise world electric supplies to the point that his hospital suffers a power cut!

Guest Guestipoo
Miracle! - Suharto well and conscious!

I guess he'll be on the 2009 list... :banghead:

this article seems to contradict the one above that states Suharto is doing fine

Doctors treating Indonesia's former president, Suharto, say he has not shown any signs of improvement and remains on a life support machine two weeks after being admitted to a Jakarta hospital.

"Breathing is still being assisted by a breathing apparatus, the functions of the heart and lungs have not yet improved and there are still signs of a systemic infection," the medical team said in a statement.

Speaking to reporters on Thursday Mardjo Soebiandono, the head of Suharto's medical team, said the former leader's condition remained unstable.

"Last night it was good, now it is not good," he said.

tuesday: "On January 8, 2008, Suharto's health worsened as doctors diagnosed him of anaemia and low blood pressure due to heart and kidney complications. There was internal bleeding, fluid on his lungs, blood in his faeces and urine which caused haemoglobin drop."

thursday: suharto "not good"

Suharto's infection improving, condition remain unstable

A dangerous infection attacking Indonesia's critically ill ex-president Suharto has eased somewhat, his doctors said on Friday, but they warned his condition could still deteriorate at any time.

thursday: suharto "not good"

friday: "Suharto's "condition is better than yesterday (Thursday) morning but worse than last night, so still unstable."

Guest HR

Hmmm .. It's not that easy to predict when Soeharto will dies .. you see that old man got "something", we call it as "Jimat" .. let we just say it's some mistical charm to grant him prosperus life, power, charisma ... and that charm is planted to his body in mistical way. As long as that charm still with him, he can't died easily ... he will suffers a lot .. that's the consequences for using that kind of charm .. like making a deal with the devil, you will get what you want but you will pay it later with pain. So i'm going to predict he won't die this year ... hahahaha

PS: That's just my opinion, you can believe it or not ... :banghead: