Hmmm .. It's not that easy to predict when Soeharto will dies .. you see that old man got "something", we call it as "Jimat" .. let we just say it's some mistical charm to grant him prosperus life, power, charisma ... and that charm is planted to his body in mistical way. As long as that charm still with him, he can't died easily ... he will suffers a lot .. that's the consequences for using that kind of charm .. like making a deal with the devil, you will get what you want but you will pay it later with pain. So i'm going to predict he won't die this year ... hahahaha

PS: That's just my opinion, you can believe it or not ... :banghead:

It's an interesting theory, and call me cynical if you like......but could it not have more to do with the thousands of dollars worth of life-support he's hooked up to and the crack team of top docs feverishly attending to his every bodily disfunction?????? Here's an idea, let's test that theory and see how he gets on with Jimat alone.

Hmmm .. It's not that easy to predict when Soeharto will dies .. you see that old man got "something", we call it as "Jimat" .. let we just say it's some mistical charm to grant him prosperus life, power, charisma ... and that charm is planted to his body in mistical way. As long as that charm still with him, he can't died easily ... he will suffers a lot .. that's the consequences for using that kind of charm .. like making a deal with the devil, you will get what you want but you will pay it later with pain. So i'm going to predict he won't die this year ... hahahaha

Yeah we have something like that in the UK too. Amazing powers.

There's this article in the Mauritius Times

As of writing, former President Suharto of Indonesia lies dying in Jakarta. To all intents and purposes he is dead, and his relatives have given permission for the life sustaining machines to be disconnected, but the doctors, conscious of the fact the world’s eyes are upon them, seem to be playing to gallery.

Suharto came to power in a coup in 1965; at the time it was given out that he had stepped in to save the constitutional president and independence struggle hero and Non-Aligned Movement leader Soekarno from conspirators in the military forces, killing six generals who were supposed to be leading a revolt against him in the process. He quietly kept President Soekarno under house arrest till his death.

Immediately on assuming power he took Indonesia out of the nominally non-aligned camp straight into the American camp, and ordered a witch-hunt of “communists” during which it is claimed that more than half a million Indonesians were killed. It later transpired that the whole affair had been a CIA-inspired rigmarole to get rid of Soekarno and install a West-leaning government in Jakarta. The six generals who had been murdered were actually Soekarno’s friends, not his enemies, and they had been disposed of because they were his friends and not very favourably inclined towards America.

A similar take-over of another left-leaning country, Chile, would follow a few years later; the new actors were going to be Salvator Allende and Augusto Pinochet; poor Allende was actually murdered, though this was reported as a suicide. In this case also thousands of people went “missing”.

The lesson for heads of governments is clear: unless you want your military or police chief to replace you, you had better become what somebody can call “our-son-of-a-bitch.” At the time of the Indonesian show in 1965, America was headed by President Lyndon B. Jonhson, a democrat and a very different man from President Richard Nixon who presided over the Chilean events.

President Suharto of Indonesia led one of the most corrupt governments of the twentieth century until 1998 when he was eased out of the presidential role by President Bill Clinton amid mounting riots sparked by the Asian economic crisis of the late nineties. His successors in the government want to recover approximate 1500 million US dollars they say he stole from the State, and have a case in court against him. Now that he is on the point of dying, the government has calmed down all talk of the case, but under Indonesian law his heirs are liable for the debt. Watch this space.

The legal case against President Suharto concerning allegations of his having defrauded the State reminds one of another case that took place not so long ago in our own little paradise island. But I have to say that I am not clear at all about our laws here. If I steal a lady’s handbag with some money in it, and I am unlucky enough to be caught, I will be sent to jail. If I am appointed head of some important parastatal body, and I seize the opportunity to make a few hundred million rupees for myself by taking bribes or by outright theft, it may perhaps be possible for me to get off the hook by going sick.

Alternatively, I can appeal to caste or other communal associations, and get them to arrange for me to be transferred to another parastatal body where I can carry on as before. This does not seem to be fair; I hope that those responsible for our justice system give some thought to this matter, and consider what changes might be necessary.

It seems that our guest poster shares this view with many other Indonesians.

Mystical powers sustain ailing Suharto

Indonesia is in the grip of a mystical fever as it struggles to explain the extraordinary staying power of its one-time leader Suharto, gravely ill in hospital yet defying medical wisdom with his prolonged near-death experience.

Does that qualify my television as a mystical force?

Afterall, it is roughly the same as the 'mystical power' keeping him alive.

Pull the plug and you'd get the same result...

Doctor: Suharto Could Recover

54 minutes ago

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Former Indonesian dictator Suharto's condition has improved and he has a good chance of recovering, his doctor said Saturday.

"We're optimistic," presidential doctor Marjo Subiandono told reporters during a briefing Saturday.

The 86-year-old has been in the hospital for more than two weeks, suffering from multiple organ failure, pneumonia and sepsis, a potentially lethal blood infection. He received dialysis for failing kidneys and a blood transfusion. Doctors said privately he had been near death.

The former leader is still attached to a ventilator, but his heart and lung capacity have improved, and his sepsis is also receding, Subiandono said.

"Most of his sepsis symptoms have gone," said hematologist Harryanto Reksodiputro.

His white blood cell count is still high, Reksodiputro said.

Suharto is conscious and able to respond to his doctors, said Dr. Christian Johannes, another member of Suharto's medical team.

Doctors will continue their efforts to reduce Suharto's need for a ventilator.

If Suharto continues to improve over the next 24 hours, it is possible he will no longer be in critical condition, Subiandono said.

Suharto ruled Indonesia with an iron hand for 32 years and has been accused of hundreds of thousands of murders and disappearances across the vast island nation.

holy sh*t.............

I have never seen another case in which the media seemed so certain that the person was so close to death, and yet he was able to recover.

this might be a first...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...y-good--doctors

JAKARTA -- Doctors treating Indonesia's elderly former dictator Suharto said Saturday his condition was "very good" and that he may soon be taken off a ventilator and allowed to return home.

lmao what the hell - have they forgotten precisely the reasons why they admitted Suharto into the hospital in the first place?

EDIT: well apparently they treated those conditions WHILE his organs were barely functional - i suppose it's funny when machines are supporting your body.

but he still needs a pacemaker upgrade. and his kidneys - are they improving at all?

Is Suharto taking the piss or what?

Looks like the DL will have to wait a little longer for #2...

Guest Guest_gordon_comstock_*
lmao what the hell - have they forgotten precisely the reasons why they admitted Suharto into the hospital in the first place?

Ah yes exactly, why was he admitted? To avoid trial yet again?

They've treated Suharto's symptoms - his bleeding, his low hemoglobin levels, his fluid in his lungs.

But yet have they even addressed the REASON why Suharto has such symptoms? He's had such problems for years - it's not unrealistic to expect that he'll have them again if he doesn't stay in the hospital or get a pacemaker.

It's entirely conceivable that he'll be back

I'm giving up on Suharto... the b*****d! Any other deathlist candidates looking peaky?

Just my luck. He seemed like a sure hit and now he's sitting up and pinching the nurses. One good thing, terminal patients often rally before croaking.

Perhaps someone needs to use some WD40 on that door.

Guest HR

PS: That's just my opinion, you can believe it or not ... ;)

It's an interesting theory, and call me cynical if you like......but could it not have more to do with the thousands of dollars worth of life-support he's hooked up to and the crack team of top docs feverishly attending to his every bodily disfunction?????? Here's an idea, let's test that theory and see how he gets on with Jimat alone.

He's old, his organs was old and disfunctioned, he is supposely died .. but he didn't .. like i said as long as he got that mystical charm he won't died easily .. yeah ofcourse he will died someday, but after a long time of suffers and pain .. he live but not live, that's the price for using that kind of charm.

Lots like that on Indonesia, you maybe hard to believe it but that kind of charm is existed here. Maybe you want to come and try it on yourself :) you can be charismatic person, women loves and adore you or you can be rich, powerfull, well as long as you are accepting the consequences :blink: sometimes it'll ask one of your family's life :skill2: .. People who is using that kind of charm is having difficulties to die. It doesn't mean he is immortal, but he just won't die easily. So, the result is at one time the doctors said he's in bad condition but then he's on good condition. Maybe in the future he will went to coma, but he won't died.

Ofcourse i like to see it too how he gets alone without that thousand of dollars life support equipments, but it will be impossible *sigh* <_<

So like i said before .. i don't think he will die this year .. :banghead:

Suharto Staging "Amazing" Recovery

Former Indonesian dictator Suharto moved his hands and spoke in a whisper Sunday, in what doctors called amazing signs of recovery so soon after he suffered multiple organ failure.

Guest LaChimiste

This, surely, is even more exhilarating (if that is possible) than Suharto deathwatch.

I personally just cannot wait until they redecorate. I hope Suharto lasts that long so we can concurrently partake in both feats of observation.

Guest Guest_dave_*

I cantbelieve this.Ive just come online for the first time in a week assuming the old *******s either dead or well on the road to recovery only to find hes still winding everyone up with his yoyo routine.I for one aint falling for it anymore.Until and unless we see on CNN that hes dead lets forget all about him or we'll all have a hernia.:|

We are trying hard to find and detect the bacteria and treat him with proper antibiotics, but we cannot guarantee it will be successful," he told reporters. "We are not happy with his condition today."

Suharto, who was rushed to a hospital with anemia and a dangerously low heart rate Jan. 4, has suffered multiple organ failure and is on a ventilator and a dialysis machine and is being fed through a tube.

"There are new infections in several parts of his body," said Dr. Marjo Subiandono. "The increased sepsis is threatening his life."

suharto3shootinggalleryrn8.jpgsuharto1xcroppedsmallerdx5.jpg

"Tell me where I buried the money, or I'll shoot me in the balls..."

Suharto

2nd President of Indonesia & Renowned Cretin

June 8th 1921 - January 27th 2008