Doctors said his condition had worsened in the following days due to constant bleeding, but he remained conscious.

"Everything went smoothly, as planned," team member Mardjo Soebandiono said.

He declined further details but said 84-year-old Suharto was now "in the process of recovering".

Another doctor on the team, Joko Raharjo, said shortly after the surgery was completed that doctors had removed 40 centimetres of intestine where they found 35 points of bleeding.

That's a lot of intestine to be losing

How convenient for him to fall ill, just as it looked he might be called up for trial after all... :o

Indonesia likely to grant Suharto sickbed reprieve

According to senior ministers in Mr Yudhoyono’s government, the president made a decision on Wednesday night not to pursue the case against his predecessor any further, in large part because of his hospital admission which led to colon surgery on Sunday.

Guest Rian

I hate Soeharto, he made my country "berantakan"......

I HATE U SOEHARTO...

[berantakan means "in disorder" -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest ackqueenos

Juz wait and see.... hell is waiting :P

According to this Antara article Suharto's still in critical condition.

I suppose that's what gets our Indonesian users all worked up, but I couldn't be arsed to deduct that from those messages in Indonesian, so I deleted the lot. I understand a bit of Bahasa Indonesia, but it's all very rusty.

Ladies and gentlemen, in "Inggris", please. Terima kasih.

regards,

Hein

In the meantime he can content himself swapping e-mails on the best way to cheat justice through over-playing illness. I think Ernest Saunders and our old mate Pinochet hang around that forum.

According to some news sources his heart medicaction is putting him at risk of a stroke.

Guest catros

i believe he still stong :dead: for this year

Catros, we've been here before; several times with Iain. To be fair, these politicos often have a durability in the final stages that amazes. Ted Heath for one hung on longer than many expected. We could amuse ourselves with an unofficial Deathrace; Foot vs Haughy vs Suharto vs Ford. I reckon Ford will finish off the podium.

Haughy

Suharto

Foot

Ford

Just a guess on a slow day at work, mind.

Guest catros

the :) dying.... worse condition.....

embolsm, internal bleeding, spastic

all family member alredy gather in the hospital where he inpatient except Tommy [in prison]

LOCAL NEWS

*. sorry my english not good enought to make long description

Suharto is one and the only top leader in the world who "still alive" in his old. His all friends had been passed away. Why...? The western countries will not believe in this big secret. Suharto had magical practise (occultism) that made him "alive" for long times. It is normal in Indonesia as a country with large and many cultures, especially for every leader who wants to be "stand firm" on his position.

So...., the magic is gone and he is gone too... Just wait and see... :)

Guest iain

Suharto is in his final hours it seems.The president just visited him in hospital and said hes gravely ill.No 6 hit for th is year is imminent

PS welcome to deathlist Eva!

Guest iain
heres an even better sign of Suhartos imminent demise

Suharto is one and the only top leader in the world who "still alive" in his old. His all friends had been passed away. Why...? The western countries will not believe in this big secret. Suharto had magical practise (occultism) that made him "alive" for long times. It is normal in Indonesia as a country with large and many cultures, especially for every leader who wants to be "stand firm" on his position.

yup..it's true... and for western people still hard to believe that fact

Yeah, right... Suharto is now 84 years old, which is far from exceptional. If he had made it till 110, your occultism-claim might have made sense. But you're right: western countries (well educated, well developed and secularized) won't believe it.

This Antara article gives a few more medical details. It seems to me only magic or devine intervention can give Pak Soeharto a reprieve.

regards,

Hein

But you're right: western countries (well educated, well developed and secularized) won't believe it.

I think that snub was uncalled for. While I'm highly sceptic about claims of magic, one doesn't have to be uneducated or undeveloped to believe in magic. Enough well-educated members of well-developed societies do so.

regards,

Hein

But you're right: western countries (well educated, well developed and secularized) won't believe it.

I think that snub was uncalled for. While I'm highly sceptic about claims of magic, one doesn't have to be uneducated or undeveloped to believe in magic. Enough well-educated members of well-developed societies do so.

regards,

Hein

No, but one HAS to be stupid.

(Sorry, I was just bored. It's raining, my girlfriend is in London for the weekend and I'm supposed to be sober as I have to work later on.)

My personal belief is such that Suharto shall recovery fully within a years time. The media has blown this entire incident far out of proportion. Perhaps the idea of magic is not so far fetched after all.

Critical = Life threatening condition.

Safe = Life support systems proving reliable and stabilising vital signs whilst immediate threats to patient's helath slowly improve.

Critical & safe = If we turned off the support he'd die but we're confident that by leaving it on he'll recover from the immediate threat to the point that he won't need life support.

My personal belief is such that Suharto shall recovery fully within a years time. The media has blown this entire incident far out of proportion.

I think at the very least, some DLers have counted their chickens before they hatched. He's not exactly in the best of health, so it's very probable he could go, but it's by no means a given at this point.