Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

That was silly of me - I went on holiday the other week and forgot to stick a note in this topic.

Well I'm back, and well refreshed from a few days at Longleat Centre Parcs. Not much to bragg about but it was only my 2nd holiday this year - Darned work - Still I had a nice slice of "project milestone" cake yesterday for doing at least a half job.

• Like 1

Going off island for a bit

Playing away, eh? Be safe. :P

We've just been away for a few nights in Selsey, went for a walk round Chichester on Tuesday and whilst we were there, within the space of about half an hour, two old ladies both fell over right in front of Mr Lard, two separate fallings completely independent of each other - I'm wondering if he has this effect on ladies under the age of 70 as well.

Happily, both old ladies were fine after a little sit down. On the floor :lol:

Get Mr Lard to Brinsworth House sometime in 2008 eh? And we'll get the first Mrs Bruce Forsyth and Pepe Poupe on a few deadpools.

I haven't been on holiday, but the bastards where I work have kept me too busy to find time for Deathlist. Anyone would think they were paying me or something.

I haven't been on holiday, but the bastards where I work have kept me too busy to find time for Deathlist. Anyone would think they were paying me or something.

:lol: That sort of attitude on the part of your employers is outrageous and absolutely uncalled for. I'm afraid you're going to have to set some limits before it gets completely out of hand.

I have a therapist now and the other day the base of our conversation was 'routines' and she was talking about making positive routines and this whole situation of your employees depriving you from your interest is f****n out of control. I think it's very possible they are taking advantage of your responsibilities and possibly giving you their own so they could have a extended lunch hour. It's very self centered and it has to stop.

:lol: That sort of attitude on the part of your employers is outrageous and absolutely uncalled for. I'm afraid you're going to have to set some limits before it gets completely out of hand.

Good idea. I'll tell them I'm only available for work between 9:30 and 10:00

Good idea. I'll tell them I'm only available for work between 9:30 and 10:00

Not forgetting the 15 minute teabreak.

I have a therapist now and the other day the base of our conversation was 'routines' and she was talking about making positive routines and this whole situation of your employees depriving you from your interest is f****n out of control. I think it's very possible they are taking advantage of your responsibilities and possibly giving you their own so they could have a extended lunch hour. It's very self centered and it has to stop.

Do you share your interest in all things Deathlist with this therapist?

Up in the barren wastelands of Scotland now, don't know how long this laptop will last before we all freeze.

Then again, it could be a case of "We are paying you to work, not to twat about on a f*****g computer all day surfing shite."

This is a sentiment shared by a whole plethora of UK companies, the bastards that they are. :(

Do you share your interest in all things Deathlist with this therapist?

The conversation usually consists of the future and the bridges I need to build in order to get there. I've made progress and maybe this can help me change my perspective on certain concepts in life which I don't see the right way. Anyway I don't tell my therapist about Deathlist. I'm not going too and I don't even need to get into why.

But what the hell I want to wish everybody a very merry Christmas. I want everyone to drive safely because we don't want car accidents. Last night I ordered a pizza and the girl 'she was young, brunette early 20's' slid off the road into somebody's driveway and crashed somewhere. I was waiting for at least two hours and having no idea what happened I said 'Is my food still hot?' and then I find out she was in a car accident. It's a good thing she was alright.

On the subject of food on Christmas Eve I have pasta and chicken cutlet and New York Italian bread and everything else. I want to be everyones inspiration of drinking\overeating and letting go entirely on Christmas. I also advise that if you spent enough money 'leave the price tag on the gifts' because even if in ten years somebody forgets what you bought them they will definitely remember how much it cost you.

Overall 2007 I guess was allllright but I think 2008 is seriously going to be one f****n hell' of a year! I've laid down a couple of suggestions for next years list and no doubt I'll be back in the house when the new list is drawn up so I can criticize it . I'll be back New Years Eve! Happy Holidays everybody!

I still have to book my honeymoon. Still got no idea where to go. Egypt's starting to sound nice... ;-)

I got back yesterday from two weeks here;

matapouri_image.jpg

which was nice.

It is now my wallpaper, which is nice. Do you want to say where it is?

matapouri_image.jpg

which was nice.

It's Matapouri Bay, in northern New Zealand.

matapouri_image.jpg

which was nice.

Oooo, that looks lovely.

I'm going to honeymoon in Edinburgh BTW.

matapouri_image.jpg

which was nice.

Oooo, that looks lovely.

I'm going to honeymoon in Edinburgh BTW.

I agree it looks beautiful.

Bring your snow shoes and winter woollies to Edinburgh HHNF, it's exceptionally cold up here just now <_< .

Bring your snow shoes and winter woollies to Edinburgh HHNF, it's exceptionally cold up here just now <_< .

How's March normally? We don't get married till February 29th you see.

How's March normally?

Bloody cold

I'll pack jumpers and woolies then ;-)

How's March normally?

Bloody cold

I'll pack jumpers and woolies then ;-)

One of our moderators lives in Edinburgh, Teddy might be able to give you a better idea about the March weather there.

matapouri_image.jpg

which was nice.

It's Matapouri Bay, in northern New Zealand.

Well done DDT! It's my favourite beach ever, less than 3 hours drive from Auckland and close to surf beaches, diving (the Poor Knights marine reserve nearby) and 'sport' fishing, but equally excellent for making sand castles with the kids and sitting around in the sun doing bugger all.

I'm off on tour to Switzerland, Holland and Belgium. Trying to sleep in the back of a transit with a bunch of hairy-arsed blokes, piles of music gear and one very brave/foolish woman. I'm sure I said I was too old for that sort of thing a while back.