Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

30 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

Heading home. Finally. 

AA2228 at 1415 hrs PDT?

• Like 1

First ‘vacation’ in three years.  It’ll last 4-5 days lol.  Sir and Daughter Creep are in San Antonio about to tackle whatever SeaWorld and Aquatica can throw at us for two days.  Then a day downtown hopefully dining at top of space needle (does one need reservations?), as well as fun at Guinness Records Museum and Alamo and Riverwalk.  Not sure last day, maybe stop at Houston Aquarium or go swim in Gulf at Galveston.  Leaving that one open for ideas.

SirC

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

AA2228 at 1415 hrs PDT?

Yup. Full of kids. One young man sitting next to me was on his first flight. He did pretty well except for the turbulence - this flight goes over two mountain ranges - and when the pilot threw the reverse thrusters on at landing I thought the kid was going to have a coronary. Why don't parents explain this shit to kids? Flying can be scary. :evil:

• Like 1

Off for a week.

So currently we've gone a dozen miles down the road to a beach I know with no cunto on it :)

If you just make effort, you can avoid tourists.

IMG_20180529_110303.thumb.jpg.43e214990f3fb044d8e6d6198967a4bf.jpg

IMG_20180529_110246.thumb.jpg.3e129d42faf80d7470d330d6486241d9.jpg

• Like 6

The dog looks happy.

On holiday. Deserted sunny white sandy beaches while London and the rest of England (associates / family who are inexplicably not in Ireland) are battered by torrential rain and storms. Almost every other cunto I know has been getting it :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was my last day of school, and tonight I'm leaving for Poland for a month.

LO4 at 9:30PM from Chicago O'Hare to Warsaw, if Cat's interested. Then, a 3 hour layover in Warsaw before my flight to Rzeszów.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Yesterday was my last day of school, and tonight I'm leaving for Poland for a month.

LO4 at 9:30PM from Chicago O'Hare to Warsaw, if Cat's interested. Then, a 3 hour layover in Warsaw before my flight to Rzeszów.

SP-LSA is on her way to pick you up. You can follow her progress here.

4916433.jpg?v=v44407bd7d08

She's brand spanking new having flexed her wings for the very first time on the 5th March this year; so give your crayons to a responsible adult whilst you're on board. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not strictly a holiday, but I'll be flying with a couple of colleagues to Israel for a couple of days in just over a week. (I don't know the flight number or anything but it's going from LHR to TLV on the afternoon of Monday 11th, I think with BA). New country to tick off the list at least!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Not strictly a holiday, but I'll be flying with a couple of colleagues to Israel for a couple of days in just over a week. (I don't know the flight number or anything but it's going from LHR to TLV on the afternoon of Monday 11th, I think with BA). New country to tick off the list at least!

The only afternoon flight is BA167 departing 1645 hrs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

@Phantom of the Midway @Book

I am heading off to Poland/former Ostpreussen for the first time soon.

So what are you doing in Poland?

Are you going to visit some more European countries?

3 hours ago, Book said:

So what are you doing in Poland?

Are you going to visit some more European countries?

No, just a lap of Poland this time. Going to see where my mother's German ancestors came from in East Prussia and go to a few other big cities like Warsaw, Gdansk/Danzig, Szczecin/Stettin and Wroclaw/Breslau.

On 02/06/2018 at 23:34, Phantom of the Midway said:

Didn't see this before. You will be there at the same time as me when I head over next week. :P

• Like 1

This time tomorrow I’ll be sat by my favourite pool in Alykes, Zakynthos Greece. My 5th holiday there :) 

According to my friend who flew out on Monday it’s about 30c and not a cloud in the Sky. 

Well, I’m leaving Oklahoma this morning to go see family up in Wyoming. This trip should be fun. :champagne:

• Like 1

The old man’s going on holiday for a week tonight, which for me means a week of going to bed at 8pm, eating Quavers for tea and picking my nose whenever I like, woohoo!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

The old man’s going on holiday for a week tonight, which for me means a week of going to bed at 8pm, eating Quavers for tea and picking my nose whenever I like, woohoo!

Go and see the Rolling Stones in Cardiff on Friday.   Lucky dips still on!

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Go and see the Rolling Stones in Cardiff on Friday.   Lucky dips still on!

I am very tempted but I have no friends and am working till 6, I’d never get there on time! I really wanted to go to Coventry but alas it was not to be. I’ll have to wait till their next tour I think!

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I am very tempted but I have no friends and am working till 6, I’d never get there on time! I really wanted to go to Coventry but alas it was not to be. I’ll have to wait till their next tour I think!

That'll be the tour where they are all mummified and moving on strings. Or was that 1974? I lose track. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My trip to Poland is coming to an end. I'm pretty happy to be heading back home tbh. After a whole month, I've had my fill. Especially since I do the same things every summer - sit around with my grandparents, walk their dog, go on hikes, take a day trip to nearby Kraków with my friends, smoke joints behind a dumpster. Not that those things aren't enjoyable, but they're getting old.

But I knew I had to make the most of my trip since I'll probably be too busy to go next year. I'll be preparing for college and I'll want to spend one last summer with my high school friends.

My flight from Rzeszów to Warsaw is around 9AM local time on Wednesday. Only a few hours layover, then around 1PM is my flight to Chicago.

I'm surprised the dog can walk after smoking a joint behind a dumpster.

You'll probably have missed the team coming into the airport as you depart from it. Just as well I guess. 

• Haha 2

I'm going to try to like this ^^ twice just for the use of Rad. You'll always be Radguy to me as well.

Edit: fuck, I can't. The thought was there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1