Guest IYG

Holiday Thread

Jetsetting around the world? Not me.

I'm going on a day trip. To the seaside. On Thursday.

More acurately, my mother-in-law is taking us ( my hubby, my son, my daughter and I) on a day trip. These trips, I have found, do strange things with the flow of time. For all of you, time will be moving at the normal pace; you may not even notice my absence from the DL!

For me, time will warp and stretch so that an hour takes six hours and a short day trip becomes like a weekend of hell and I shall be longing for home and pining for sanity. :old:

Think of me on Thursday, send me mental messages of strength and courage so I shall be able to survive the ordeal that is... The Day Trip.

• Like 1

I have been on holiday for the past fifteen years.

I don't expect that to change soon.

I don't go on holiday, I don't like breaking with routine.

I have been on holiday for the past fifteen years.

I don't expect that to change soon.

It's a great plan. I once knew a man who faked disability and since he felt the FBI was spying on him, he left his home in Florida and went to live in the Bahamas. He would lay in the sun, and barbeque all day long. Rumor has it he worked and had some sort of computer job down there. But at heart he was a great person, loved his faimly and friends, and will always be remembered. He passed away less then 2 years ago at the age of 50. I have entered him in my 'Dynomite Hall Of Fame'

I have been on holiday for the past fifteen years. I don't expect that to change soon.

Try being a student - it's like one long holiday, but you get paid for it! :lol:

I once knew a man who faked disability and since he felt the FBI was spying on him, he left his home in Florida and went to live in the Bahamas. He would lay in the sun, and barbeque all day long. Rumor has it he worked and had some sort of computer job down there. But at heart he was a great person, loved his faimly and friends, and will always be remembered. He passed away less then 2 years ago at the age of 50. I have entered him in my 'Dynomite Hall Of Fame'

Hm... kinda sounds like the FBI got to your friend in the end, doesn't it?

I'm quite keen to know what the "Dynomite Hall of Fame" is, and who else is in it. :lol:

I have been on holiday for the past fifteen years. I don't expect that to change soon.

Try being a student - it's like one long holiday, but you get paid for it! :lol:

Being a student was what I did before my holiday. It was quite agreeable at times.

I am on holiday from work on 28th June. I've got tickets for the Centre Court at Wimbledon - hope it doesn't rain. If it does rain there's a risk of Cliff Richard getting up to sing. Ugh.

I am on holiday from work on 28th June. I've got tickets for the Centre Court at Wimbledon - hope it doesn't rain. If it does rain there's a risk of Cliff Richard getting up to sing. Ugh.

Ooooh! Lady Die, you need to get yourself one of these so we will recognise you when the camera pans across the spectators! :lol:

Ooooh! Lady Die, you need to get yourself one of these so we will recognise you when the camera pans across the spectators! :lol:

Ah yes, just think, the first deathlister to appear on T.V. (that we know of)

Well, when I was in the 8th Grade, YTV (the Canadians here should know what this is) filmed a special on spiders in my class. I wasn't one of the main kids, but you can see me sitting around in some of the wide screen shots of the episode.

Of course, I wasn't a DLer back then, so I guess it doesn't count.

Well, when I was in the 8th Grade, YTV (the Canadians here should know what this is) filmed a special on spiders in my class. I wasn't one of the main kids, but you can see me sitting around in some of the wide screen shots of the episode.

Of course, I wasn't a DLer back then, so I guess it doesn't count.

If any of you lot just happened to be watching Grampian Television around December 1964, you would have seen me singing in the scarfed-to-the-eyeballs-in-the-snow choir next to the Christmas tree.

I therefore claim the inevitable £5 prize for the first DLer on the telly! :)

I therefore claim the inevitable £5 prize for the first DLer on the telly!

I bet you're not. I've a feeling that there's more than a handful of DL'ers that have been on Crimewatch at some stage of there lives. :)

That's if we're counting CCTV images and those sketched pictures the police artists knock up of course...

I therefore claim the inevitable £5 prize for the first DLer on the telly!

I bet you're not. I've a feeling that there's more than a handful of DL'ers that have been on Crimewatch at some stage of there lives. :)

That's if we're counting CCTV images and those sketched pictures the police artists knock up of course...

So are you all packed for your Portugal trip, BHB? :)

I've a feeling that there's more than a handful of DL'ers that have been on Crimewatch at some stage of there lives. :evil2:

My debut on Dutch national TV was when DL didn't exist yet. In footage of the inauguration of Queen Beatrix I can be seen as part of a group who are busy turning over a riot police van. I was wearing the squatters' uniform: this and that so I couldn't be recognised easily. It was not a happy occasion:

587-445-302.jpg

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Ooooh! Lady Die, you need to get yourself one of these so we will recognise you when the camera pans across the spectators! :)

I'll chant "Death-List Death-List" just after the umpire asks for "quiet please".

Apparantly I'm on Czech television being hit on the leg with a rule by a man dressed as a clown .

Oh and my shoulder can be seen in not one but two programmes. Blue Peter circa 1994 when they did a profile on a diabetic pupil at school and my shoulder can be seen while I'm standing in the dinner queue and it made a reappearnce in the audience of Rory Bremner last September

I've a feeling that there's more than a handful of DL'ers that have been on Crimewatch at some stage of there lives. :)

My debut on Dutch national TV was when DL didn't exist yet. In footage of the inauguration of Queen Beatrix I can be seen as part of a group who are busy turning over a riot police van. I was wearing the squatters' uniform: this and that so I couldn't be recognised easily. It was not a happy occasion:

jaren80_rellen5-445.jpg

regards,

Hein

HAHAHA

Hey MH Now I'm really starting to get worried LG has BOTH of those items of clothing in her wardrobe !!!

Panic Stricken :)

Scsi

I was on Yorkshire TV in 1978 with the late Magnus Pike and Rob Buckman, a programme called "Don't ask me". I had to ask a question about football crowds then had to do a pull up and hold it as long as I could. Not quite enough, I don't suppose, to qualify me for Brinsworth House. They knew how to entertain people in those days.

Try being a student - it's like one long holiday, but you get paid for it! :)

I once knew a man who faked disability and since he felt the FBI was spying on him, he left his home in Florida and went to live in the Bahamas. He would lay in the sun, and barbeque all day long. Rumor has it he worked and had some sort of computer job down there. But at heart he was a great person, loved his faimly and friends, and will always be remembered. He passed away less then 2 years ago at the age of 50. I have entered him in my 'Dynomite Hall Of Fame'

Hm... kinda sounds like the FBI got to your friend in the end, doesn't it?

I'm quite keen to know what the "Dynomite Hall of Fame" is, and who else is in it. :skull:

Even though he stood at 6'3 a fairly tall height, he must have weighed 350 - 400 lbs at the time of his death. He was always a big guy. I believe he was a diabetic, and being addicted to soda and hating the diet brands -his health couldn't have been that solid. Anyway he received a bite from a certain sort of spider, and since he wasn't taking care of himself in general his condition became worse. He was suffering from complications and his liver began failing. I talked to him about 2 weeks before his death and everyone was still optimistic that he would make it through. He said ' whenever you see a spider you kill it for me' shortly after he died. And I have kept that promise.

Well, I survived the bird flu scare in Scotland a few months ago...

Not exactly a holiday other than 'away from the interweb' but I'll be disappearing next Tuesday and reappearing sometime later, posting not from God's Own County but from the Heathen South. So expect loads of exciting deaths while I'm not able to be near a computer... :skull:

A friend of a friend once wnet 'on holiday'. He was sent to prison for some manner of wrong doing and couldn't find it in him to tell his mother. Instead he told her he was going to Australia to work in the mines, even going to the extent of sending postcards to his mate in Karratha so he could send them to her with the correct post mark.

How someone that clever ended up in gaol is beyond me.

How someone that clever ended up in gaol is beyond me.

If I was he and finished with my sentence, I would have told a joke to my mother saying that I wasn't in Australia but prison. Of course afterwards I'd deny the whole story.

I take it that you didn't join in with his fabulous rendition of 'Summer Holiday' about 10 or so years back? :banghead: I recall you saying somewhere else that you were the last to shout 'Come on Boris!' at match point of his first Wimbledon win (1985?) so you sound like a regular.

Perhaps you and the 'Peter Pan of pap' are on nodding terms; if so, a quiet(ish) word in his ear along the lines of 'IF YOU EVER, EVER! DO THAT AGAIN, you're a dead man, Richards' would do the trick.

When I saw that crime against humanity committed live on telly, I immediately realised Elvis had the right idea about combining TV & guns to make quality entertainment.

As a side issue, people* always say Cliff was the British Elvis; if only he'd have paid closer attention to the King's 'movements' on 16th August 1977 and mimicked them a little more closely.

*no-one I've ever met, but nonetheless...

Just spent the last few days in Toronto in what was probably the best week of my life. Many many memories and stories.

Just spent the last few days in Toronto in what was probably the best week of my life. Many many memories and stories.

Sounds very interesting CP, care to tell more??

• Like 1