Holiday Thread

I will be in Sicilly sept 3rd-10th

You in the Mafia then?

No. I live with an Italian..

...and several headless stallions.

• Like 1

You in the Mafia then?

Why Don Fellatio, how unkind! To what hasty conclusions you jump!

You in the Mafia then?

Why Don Fellatio, how unkind! To what hasty conclusions you jump!

Are you disrespecting the family?

The I - Phones are way to expensive. They go for like $500 and I know it's the full package but if I'm buying that for anybody the chick better have a few special techniques not to mention going with me to Vegas or something for example.

Hey Banshees,

I was in Newark last week, didn't see you. I'll look out for you on Monday again at the airport, might be there about 3pm.

Guest Guest_heaven can wait_*
The I - Phones are way to expensive. They go for like $500 and I know it's the full package but if I'm buying that for anybody the chick better have a few special techniques not to mention going with me to Vegas or something for example.

Hey Banshees,

I was in Newark last week, didn't see you. I'll look out for you on Monday again at the airport, might be there about 3pm.

Guest HCW

Hey Banshees,

Bloody US computers,

Anyway, thought I'd save you the time by telling you I'm not at Newark now, flight was delayed so had to spend another whole day in LA (shame, eh?) flying directly back now with no stops, maybe next year Banshees?

I will be away for two weeks from tomorrow, unless on my travels i get use of a computer then i may pop my head in from time to time. Working holiday to France and Germany, should be great fun!! (Please note the sarcasm, would rather be on a beach in the Caribbean with beer in hand)

I too would rather you were on a beach in the Caribbean with a beer in your hand, with absolutely no inclination to go anywhere near a computer.

Indeed the Caribbean can be quite delightful at this time of year.

Germany on the other hand is hardly a destination I would recommend to you.

If by delightful you mean watching palm trees uproot and waves 20 feet high crash on the shore while you're stuck in the airport with 5000 other unwashed tourists who couldn't get a plane out I guess it is.

93 days left of hurricane season in the Atlantic.

If by delightful you mean watching palm trees uproot and waves 20 feet high crash on the shore while you're stuck in the airport with 5000 other unwashed tourists who couldn't get a plane out I guess it is.

93 days left of hurricane season in the Atlantic.

If that is the kind of Holiday D O G could expect than WTF are we waiting for?

Lets get that Whip round going for his ticket.

Glad to see they've been dropping well in my absence.

Update on the great escape:

We've been living in a tent and getting soaked/sun-dried in one location and wind-dried in another. All very relaxing, the more so with us not having to return to the daily grind for a while. No doubt, starvation will provide its own challenges if we continue too long!

For now, we're back in Essex (England) staying with friends for a few days with the purpose of buying/borrowing a big enough tranny van to move our possessions to storage in Lyon. Essex traffic congestion has further convinced us that we've made the correct decision to move! Even though we still don't have a permanent place to stay, we have a much better idea than before of what we might do and where we could do it. Internet is a priority, of course! French-style computer keyboards make spelling in 'gobbledygook' really easy - they're even worse than the German ones!

Meanwhile, the ship's Cat is enjoying an extended summer holiday in the hills of Savoie.

I'm keeping an eye on you lot when I can! (Cool new software, er.... where's my sig?) The next couple of months will be busy, but my 2008 lists are under construction.

Yogi, I met a relation of yours outside an internet cafe in Lezignan; the Pyrenees are visible from there on a clear day - the foot-hills anyway. He was very charming and friendly and said "Woof...!"

P.S. If any local DLer wishes to dispose of a roadworthy LWB high top tranny for a ridiculously low price in the next day or so, I might be able to help them out!

I am taking a week off work and flying south to Jamaica for a vacation.

Are you taking your wife...err...hang on...no that's not it....Jakarta?

I am taking a week off work and flying south to Jamaica for a vacation.

Today we set off again, this time with all our worldly goods in the back of a tranny, so it's back to internet-cafe-life and incomprehensible French computer keyboards.

I hope you all have as much fun as we plan to have!

Today we set off again, this time with all our worldly goods in the back of a tranny, so it's back to internet-cafe-life and incomprehensible French computer keyboards.

I once put all my worldly goods in the back of a tranny, but I went to Thailand to do so, not France...

Happy hols, Cap'n!

BHB

I once put all my worldly goods in the back of a tranny, but I went to Thailand to do so, not France...

Happy hols, Cap'n!

BHB

BHB, I do hope your "wordly goods" had nothing to do with what hung between your thighs and as for putting said goods into the back of a tranny.......

Happy hols, Cap'n!

BHB

BHB, I do hope your "wordly goods" had nothing to do with what hung between your thighs and as for putting said goods into the back of a tranny.......

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what he was getting at.

Happy hols, Cap'n!

BHB

:rip: Cheers BHB! I hope your tranny was better looking than ours is! dscn341730pcxs7.jpg

Tranny-based joke, not appreciated by some...
If the tranny is rocking, don't come knocking!

dscn341730pcxs7.jpg

If there are any Securicor-depot-type cash heists over the next few days or weeks in the UK or northern France, I think we have a clear suspect. Do the right thing and call Crimestoppers on +44 (0)800 555 111.

Tranny-based joke, not appreciated by some...
If the tranny is rocking, don't come knocking!

dscn341730pcxs7.jpg

If there are any Securicor-depot-type cash heists over the next few days or weeks in the UK or northern France, I think we have a clear suspect. Do the right thing and call Crimestoppers on +44 (0)800 555 111.

SC, I think you might be on to something there, having noticed that the Captain has cunningly either planted a bush to obscure his rear number plate or driven around for a while until discovering a conveniently placed shrub.

Oh, and Cap'n, yep, my tranny was far better looking than yours. Although they both have the same rusty brown undercarriage...

Cheers,

BHB

I've been away for a week but now I'm back! The b******s have been making me WORK recently so you might not have noticed my absence. The office is all empty right now so I can get on with some really important stuff.

I still think about Custard sometimes.

I wonder what he's doing now?

I still think about Custard sometimes.

I wonder what he's doing now?

He's self employed now - no longer working in IT. I can't say more for fear of giving away his true identity.

Going off island for a bit from tomorrow. I'll be back in time for my birthday though :crossbone: