Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Fasting to death

This is completely barking mad even by religious standards.

In an upstairs room of a nondescript building down a narrow, winding lane, a woman died yesterday. For the past seven weeks she had been starving herself to death, and hundreds of visitors came to watch her slowly die. But it wasn't just morbid curiosity. Those who were allowed into the room knelt before the woman in reverence and touched their heads to the floor.

Rest of article here...

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article303493.ece

Ah those crazy Jains. I remember a bunch of the used to feed the pigeons round my way with huge bags of bread, which of course then led to them feeding the rats round my way with huge bags of bread.

Weren't they somewhat scuppered in their 'let all animals live' by the discovery of bacteria / germs?

Is it true that the Jains don't drive vehicles in case they run too many insects over?

Is it true that the Jains don't drive vehicles in case they run too many insects over?

My friend's sister, Jane, doesnt drive. Not sure of the reason.

My friend's sister, Jane, doesnt drive. Not sure of the reason.

I'm a Jane and I drive ... and I run over all sorts of small animals

That's not very nice Jane, try slowing down in future, they should usually hop out the way

In an upstairs room of a nondescript building down a narrow, winding lane, a woman died yesterday. For the past seven weeks she had been starving herself to death, and hundreds of visitors came to watch her slowly die. But it wasn't just morbid curiosity. Those who were allowed into the room knelt before the woman in reverence and touched their heads to the floor.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article303493.ece

Silly bitch.

That's not very nice Jane, try slowing down in future, they should usually hop out the way

Silly animals just leap out in front if me with no warning whatsoever

How rude.

They should at least signal their intentions before succumbing to the steel-belted radials of death (as your car is undoubtably known).

Guest Guest_MARYPORTFUNCITY

A woman with a terrible and painful heart condition was on the radio tonight talking about starving herself to death. She's been on liquids only for twelve days. Only caught the end of the report so didn't get her name.

One thing though: FASTING isn't a very FAST way to die is it?

Apologies, that's me above, borrowing a computer. Normal service has now been resumed.

Guest IYG

You're a better person than me, I aim at them. :unsure:

Don't try that with the big ones. I can assure you from experience that smacking into a deer at 120 km/h is not without risk.

regards,

Hein

Guest IYG

Don't try that with the big ones. I can assure you from experience that smacking into a deer at 120 km/h is not without risk.

regards,

Hein

So very true but this is Texas I'm in, I can get a truck. B)

So very true but this is Texas I'm in, I can get a truck. :unsure:

Everything is bigger in Texas. Especially dumb animals B)

Guest IYG
So very true but this is Texas I'm in, I can get a truck. :unsure:

Everything is bigger in Texas. Especially dumb animals B)

And dumber drivers.

Guest Chewie

NO ! Please go carefully, I drove a hire car to London Heathrox and hit a badger, it was very wet so I chose NOT to brake or swerve ( that's free will) and I got scr*wed for UKP 1000 insurance excess for a cracked front spoiler !

Tip if yoingoureu hit a badger don't try and take it to a vet, it will try to kill you ! They are MAD like that.

ramble over carry on....

NO ! Please go carefully, I drove a hire car to London Heathrox and hit a badger, it was very wet so I chose NOT to brake or swerve ( that's free will) and I got scr*wed for UKP 1000 insurance excess for a cracked front spoiler !

Tip if yoingoureu hit a badger don't try and take it to a vet, it will try to kill you ! They are MAD like that.

ramble over carry on....

No No! You carry on. We want more badger anecdotes...

Actually, I've got one. A friend was driving late at night and hit a badger. On getting out of his car, he saw that the badger was near death and that nothing could be done to help it. Feeling sorry for the creature, he took the wheel-brace from the boot of his car and put the poor fellow out of its' misery. Naturally, he was fairly cut up about this turn of events,

Several months later, he and his wife were driving home from a fancy-dress party dressed as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Unfortunately, he once again struck a badger, causing him to veer across the road wildly. Shocked and saddened, he went once again into his boot for the wheel-brace to finish off the animal, and it was while he was advancing on a twitching badger, dressed as Mickey Mouse, carrying a wheel-brace that the police squad car came round the corner.

Sad but true.

Er, going back to the fasting/starving woman, that link didn't work - I kept getting the old "this page cannot be displayed" nonsense. But this sort of thing interests me (I fondly remember Bobby Sands and friends) so can someone please just give me her name so I can investigate further? Ta.

BTW did anyone see a prog on Channel 4 a couple of years ago about four women who starved themselves to death in a house near Dublin? They were religious crackpots too)

Er, going back to the fasting/starving woman, that link didn't work - I kept getting the old "this page cannot be displayed" nonsense. But this sort of thing interests me (I fondly remember Bobby Sands and friends) so can someone please just give me her name so I can investigate further? Ta.

Her name was Shradha Shri.

Thank you, Lady G. You're up late, like me (but I'm about to "retire"). Do you have trouble sleeping? (I'm presuming you're not in America or similar)

Thank you, Lady G. You're up late, like me (but I'm about to "retire").  Do you have trouble sleeping? (I'm presuming you're not in America or similar)

Yes, can't sleep, went to bed about midnight but gave up about 1/2 hour ago, hopefully I will feel tired enough soon and you are right I am not in America but Scotland.

Sleep well!!

I ran over a pheasant once....on a push bike.