Secretive 'Guerilla' artist Banksy has been dicing with death, decorating Israel's controversial West Bank barrier with satirical images.

His spokeswomen said 'The Israeli forces did shoot into the air threateningly and there were quite a few guns pointed on him'.

What will the daft artist do next?

• Like 1

Here's a cracker, British graffiti artist Banksey remixed Paris Hilton's album and re-worked the cover before dropping 500 of his doctored CDs back into the shops. They've sold, there have been no complaints. Here's a video of him making it happen.

Here's a cracker, British graffiti artist Banksey remixed Paris Hilton's album and re-worked the cover before dropping 500 of his doctored CDs back into the shops. They've sold, there have been no complaints. Here's a video of him making it happen.

Banksy is a little star. My favourite is his take on Monet's lily pond in Givenchy.

Givenchy lilies

Banksy is a little star. My favourite is his take on Monet's lily pond in Givenchy.

Givenchy lilies

He has a seldom visited thread all of his own here.

Givenchy lilies

He has a seldom visited thread all of his own here.

Hey Slave, respect.

[Posts moved -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Can we give him due respect and spell his name properly at the head of this thread?

Can we give him due respect and spell his name properly at the head of this thread?

Mr Banksy?

He's going to Disney World.

IYG - that is one hell of an amazing prediction. One could split hairs and say he was actually at Disneyland in California, rather than Disneyworld, but still. Was his latest stunt public knowledge five weeks ago, do you have inside info, or did you just craftily edit your post?

Well done in any case.

He's going to Disney World.

IYG - that is one hell of an amazing prediction. One could split hairs and say he was actually at Disneyland in California, rather than Disneyworld, but still. Was his latest stunt public knowledge five weeks ago, do you have inside info, or did you just craftily edit your post?

Well done in any case.

It's even better than that Cowboy Ronnie, IYG's post was one year and five weeks ago :o

Maybe IYG is Banksy. After all, I've never seen them together.

Maybe IYG is Banksy. After all, I've never seen them together.

No, I'm Banksy, and so's my wife.

He's at it again.

I'm marvelling at IYG's powers of prediction. :o

Hmmm...how did IYG know?

Apologies re the spell the name right, what I was gettin' at is the fact it's a fairly open secret that he is one ROBERT BANKS, aka BANKSY. He doesn't openly admit to being Banksy, so nobody with a massive amount of cash to lose has yet put it officially althoughWikipedia and The Guardian, amongst others have as good as spelled it out.

He's at it again.

I'm marvelling at IYG's powers of prediction. :o

Hmmm...how did IYG know?

Perhaps it's not a prediction and more of a suggestion. Banksy may well have read the DL, saw this thread and thought 'that's a good idea'.

Probably not a completely far fetched idea, since most of his work is unofficial he'll have to monitor the Internet to check on reactions to it.

Do you think maybe Iain was Banks........nah!

Probably not a completely far fetched idea, since most of his work is unofficial he'll have to monitor the Internet to check on reactions to it.

Do you think maybe Iain was Banks........nah!

Iain Banks?

It would certainly explain Tempus Fugit's enthusiasm for defending him. :)

Banksy's argument is that the elephant - blended against the background - represents the major problems of the world we ignore whilst we do less important things.

Interestingly, in the film done for BBC News about his US exhibition there were shots of the people setting up the exhibition whilst the voice over said 'is this Banksy?' a few times. One of the people shown was Robert Banks.

Now Banksy is in trouble for abusing an elephant.
From the above article: -
"We find it no longer acceptable to dye baby chicks at Easter, but it's OK to dye an elephant."
That's what you get for banning the milder forms of animal dyeing, people just move on to bigger and harder forms of animal.

When & where was it ok to dye baby chicks at Easter anyway, and what colour were they dyed? Forgive me for not knowing which shade of baby chick should be appropriate for Easter, perhaps I need to swot up on my bible studies.

Or is it a case of 'whatever colour you like, as long as it makes them cross'?

See what I did there? Hot damn...:D