Tempus Fugit

Ariel Sharon

My frustration at seeing a 'banker' pick laughing in the face of mortality is lessened by the site of Bruno back in action.

:rolleyes: Bankers have picks? :P I guess that would explain how the interest rates on my paltry savings were gouged so deeply.

Ncei to see you too Maryport.....(is ti just me oer did the keys on this pad shift postiitions?)

What's the point of keeping Ariel Sharon alive?

He really can't do anything to help the people of Israel. Frankly, he's about as good in condition as Terri Schiavo.

Why are they prolonging this? Let Ariel Sharon die in peace.

He really can't do anything to help the people of Israel. Frankly, he's about as good in condition as Terri Schiavo.

I agree, BC, especially since he's on my Death League and DDP teams.

I agree, BC, especially since he's on my Death League and DDP teams.

Fret not, I removed him from my DDP team this year so he's a dead cert! :lol:

Guest Guest

I vote we simply claim him as deceased for 2008 (actually, probably should backdate the claim) as he's not really "living" in any sense of the the word. He can really be kept alive indefinitely beyond any practical purpose, or even beyond the simple logic of mercy.

Is the medical community playing God when they allow natural death to occur or even euthanize in extreme cases of suffering or vegetative physical and mental state, or are they playing God by forcing the patient to live unnaturally? I suppose that's an individual philosophical question and cannot be answered with a blanket statement for any category of cases.

Guest Sherryon

Has anyone checked on this guy, he should have been dead months ago.

Guest TFAGHAG

I just had a peek around his door; he's still breathing.

It's just a sign of the times...everyone's shedding ariels for freeview boxes. (boom, boom). If that's the case, his successor should get a better reception. :D

Yeah, it's pathetic that they're actually trying to keep Ariel Sharon alive.

I think it's a serious waste of resources. Let the man die, please.

I vote we simply claim him as deceased for 2008 (actually, probably should backdate the claim) as he's not really "living" in any sense of the the word. He can really be kept alive indefinitely beyond any practical purpose, or even beyond the simple logic of mercy.

Is the medical community playing God when they allow natural death to occur or even euthanize in extreme cases of suffering or vegetative physical and mental state, or are they playing God by forcing the patient to live unnaturally? I suppose that's an individual philosophical question and cannot be answered with a blanket statement for any category of cases.

I wonder what the family are thinking of all this. Could it be that he is being kept alive at their request? Or are their wishes being completely ignored?

Hard to tell at this stage but no matter how God-like the doctors like to think they are they still, ultimately have to follow the wishes of the family, well in the UK they do.

I suspect that the family is holding out hope that he may wake up and recover. As unlikely as it seems to us, it is all they have.

I suspect that the family is holding out hope that he may wake up and recover. As unlikely as it seems to us, it is all they have.

They also have most of Palestine. They should be satisfied with that, and let this sadistic old f****r rot in hell his grave.

They also have most of Palestine. They should be satisfied with that, and let this sadistic old f****r rot in hell his grave.

First of all, Whore, I was referring to Ariel Sharon's family, not all the Israelis. I am not a fan of Mr. Sharon nor his policies as Prime Minister. I have also been a critic of Israel and its policy toward displaced Palestinians. That being said, I would much rather live in Israel than Egypt, Iran, Syria or any other Arab country since Israel is at least a democracy that has some recognition of human rights and political freedom (though admittedly not for all groups). The biggest obstacle to peace in the Middle East is not Israel (as I would have concluded 20 years ago) but the radical elements of Palestinian nationalism that will not be happy with anything but Israel's destruction and the establishment of an Islamic state. To be sure, Israel bears some responsibility for this as does the U.S., but pining for a return to "Palestine" as an independent nation is like wishing for another Syria. How's that for an overkill response?

Yeah, it's pathetic that they're actually trying to keep Ariel Sharon alive.

I think it's a serious waste of resources. Let the man die, please.

I was just wondering, could keeping him alive have something to do with Jewish religion or Isreali lifestyle?

I remember a couple of years ago, there was something in the news about a trail being held in Italy.

I believe it was because a docter pulled the plug on a patient (who was termanilly ill, and wanted it).

But it was illigal to do that, because the moral laws of the Roman-Catholic church its was imorral to end a persons life.

I could have remembered this badly, and have not a lot of knowledge on the Jewish, Islamic or Roman-Catholic faith.

There are many different stripes of Judaism, Vaagy. Most Jews that I know would pull the plug if they were sure that the patient had no hope but some sects might object on principle. As I said in my other post, I suspect they're just grasping at straws.

Guest Kerplunk!

I was just wondering, could keeping him alive have something to do with Jewish religion or Isreali lifestyle? ...

I could have remembered this badly, and have not a lot of knowledge on the Jewish, Islamic or Roman-Catholic faith.

... As I said in my other post, I suspect they're just grasping at straws.

That must be another Jewish custom with which I am unfamiliar. It sounds similar to the Japanese game "Mikado", or "pick up sticks" as it is colloquially known in the West.

I was just wondering, could keeping him alive have something to do with Jewish religion or Isreali lifestyle? ...

... As I said in my other post, I suspect they're just grasping at straws.

That must be another Jewish custom with which I am unfamiliar. It sounds similar to the Japanese game "Mikado", or "pick up sticks" as it is colloquially known in the West.

Hasnt this guy been on machines for like 3 yrs now?

2 yrs 9 months 21 days and counting.

2 yrs 9 months 21 days and counting.

I still don't understand why they're keeping him alive if he's basically in a vegetative state.

He's not going to make much of a recovery, that's not exactly any life to live.

My mistake, by the way. His stroke was after Christmas, it's a mere 2 years 8 months and 21 days.

Yeah, he's lingering to say the least. We've already swapped posts on his unacceptable carbon footprint.

My mistake, by the way. His stroke was after Christmas, it's a mere 2 years 8 months and 21 days.

Yeah, he's lingering to say the least. We've already swapped posts on his unacceptable carbon footprint.

Do you think if he starts decomposing he'll pollute the atmosphere any less?

That's an interesting question. I think we can safely conclude there's more mental agility on display in this thread than he's shown for almost three years.

I'll confess I had the prone pork-duke as a banker on last year's deadpools and was most disappointed that his heart was still pumping at the end. I'm in awe of doctors who can keep such a big man alive without - apparently - fatal issues from fluid on his lungs, clots in his blood or vital organ compromises linked to his weight and persistent vegetative state.

That's an interesting question. I think we can safely conclude there's more mental agility on display in this thread than he's shown for almost three years.

I'll confess I had the prone pork-duke as a banker on last year's deadpools and was most disappointed that his heart was still pumping at the end. I'm in awe of doctors who can keep such a big man alive without - apparently - fatal issues from fluid on his lungs, clots in his blood or vital organ compromises linked to his weight and persistent vegetative state.

He seems admirably qualified to take up the job of manager at Newcastle United.

He seems admirably qualified to take up the job of manager at Newcastle United.

Sharon: Still alive, but only just.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=6118826&page=1

Which is more than can be said of the Cockney's Army's chances of staying up. Sorry Toon Army......

I wish he would hurry up.....2 months to go...2 points behind. <annoyed>