Tempus Fugit

Ariel Sharon

I say he dies in August. The first or the second.

The first or second what, Time?

Of August. What didn't you understand.

I say he dies in August. The first or the second.

The first or second what, Time?

Of August. What didn't you understand.

Is this another one of those multiple choice questions Edgar?

(still getting a chuckle out of Gunjaman5000's response, don't know why it made me laugh, it just did)

I don't think he's going anywhere soon to be honest. I reckon news of his death would be taken as a sign of Israeli weakness, what with Olmert not being a military man and so on. Can't see any announcement being made while the Lebanon crisis continues.

No doubt Sharon's death will be announced about, ooh, two days into my Israel holiday, so I'll make it sometime in early 2007.

I don't think he's going anywhere soon to be honest. I reckon news of his death would be taken as a sign of Israeli weakness, what with Olmert not being a military man and so on. Can't see any announcement being made while the Lebanon crisis continues.

No doubt Sharon's death will be announced about, ooh, two days into my Israel holiday, so I'll make it sometime in early 2007.

You're going to Israel for a holiday VT? Could I interest you perhaps in an upcoming tour of Helmand province or maybe the Bazra illuminations in October. They say Darfur is nice at that time of year where you can sample true Janjaweed hospitality. Or there's Skegness.

You're going to Israel for a holiday VT? Could I interest you perhaps in an upcoming tour of Helmand province or maybe the Bazra illuminations in October. They say Darfur is nice at that time of year where you can sample true Janjaweed hospitality. Or there's Skegness.

Not sure I'd get into either Afghanistan or Iraq with an Israel passport stamp but thanks for the suggestions (I'll pass on Skeggy if it's all the same) :lol:

Were it not for the cat I'd be in Israel at this very moment - would have flown in about the very time the rockets started flying. I miss all the fun.

Not sure I'd get into either Afghanistan or Iraq with an Israel passport stamp but thanks for the suggestions (I'll pass on Skeggy if it's all the same) :lol:

Were it not for the cat I'd be in Israel at this very moment - would have flown in about the very time the rockets started flying. I miss all the fun.

The last time I was in Israel you could buy T-shirts that said "Visit Israel before Israel visits you." Wish I'd bought one.

Guest Dick Long

I think his death will be announced whn he dies.WAhich he will,eventually.Honest

He'd be a prime target if they could target those rockets, or a suicide bomber from Lebanon.

Guest iain

looks like big fat Ariel is going to last a few years in that coma to me.Castro will probably beat him to hell

looks like big fat Ariel is going to last a few years in that coma to me.Castro will probably beat him to hell

I was under the distinct impression, iain, that you made some sort of iron-clad promise to leave, 'pon the survival of Michael Foot.

Michael Foot lives on. And yet...

Iain man, I'm not sure your prediction of years left for Ariel is any more accurate than the instant demise of Foot or Robson.

Israel's laws on removing life support are more tolerant than Western Europe but we're still faced with low brain activity in a horizontal fatty with many years of stressful employment on the body clock. His doctors aren't treating one problem they're trying to balance a few and see off a couple more. Tricky, even when you're the best around.

Hold on a minute.

You were the one who berated me for my lack of medicinal knowledge when I said Sharon was not going to die when he worsened a few weeks back and you said his death was immiment.

Make your mind up. <_<

Hold on a minute.

You were the one who berated me for my lack of medicinal knowledge when I said Sharon was not going to die when he worsened a few weeks back and you said his death was immiment.

Make your mind up. <_<

It seems we were debating with not a made up mind. In life, no matter what you want, or especially debate for, you must know where you stand, if you don't know that it's practically certain that you will loose. Sharon should be an easy slot 1 canidate for 2007, but his survival untill then is impossible to predict. I think it may be out of reach. ;)

You know it's rather odd but at this moment I am listening to Swing Low Sweet Chariot on a c.d. Wonder if it means anything with regards to Ari's demise...

Re predictions, I'm not greatly given to the dark art myself but I seriously doubt AS will see in 2007.

It seems we were debating with not a made up mind.

Or no mind at all

Aye, not exactly a golden period for our Iain, Biggus Dickus or whoever he might be this week. C'mon Iain man, fight back, claim your posting place with wit and sparkle, or summat.

Aye, not exactly a golden period for our Iain, Biggus Dickus or whoever he might be this week. C'mon Iain man, fight back, claim your posting place with wit and sparkle, or summat.
Given the options you've presented him with, I think the clever money's on 'summat'. <_<

Iain, I've kind of mentioned it before, but why not become an Astrologer or a Medium or something like that? You could get away with being even less accurate with your predictions than you are now, with the added bonus of: -

• you possibly getting paid for your troubles
  • me not having to read or hear about it

Keep up the good work! ;)

Thought for the day: -

I think a lot of the world's troubles are caused by people not being able to accept coincidences for being just that. If people could realise most if not all stuff just happens due to consequences, and that for every million to one shot there are potentially 8 billion people it could happen to (meaning over the course of a life loads of unlikely things should happen to most people) then everybody might stop looking for the signs/hidden meaning/bigger picture/religious significance etc. in every f*cking thing and just get on with living. And Russell Grant would be out of a job, if nothing else. Discuss.

Check out the near misses thread tonight, Iain in considered and intelligent response shocker!!!!

Apologies for my slightly odd 'thought for the day' comment yesterday on this thread; I walked under a ladder earlier that day and it must have cursed me with bad luck and judgement, and so absolves me of all responsibility for my actions.... <_<

Again, I'm not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make but you can't have everything. Maybe I walked over 3 drains earlier today or something...

Hope your good posting trend continues Iain, can't be having irrelevant posting on this site eh? :)

Check out the near misses thread tonight, Iain in considered and intelligent response shocker!!!!

Where?

I can't see any comment.

Where?

I can't see any comment.

It's now in the Patrick Allen thread

But it was on the near misses thread, honest.

But it was on the near misses thread, honest.

It was, but for some reason Patrick has his own thread now

Guest iain

if someone switched off Sharons life support machine he would die within days.Thats the best prediction i can do right now.Sorry