Tempus Fugit

Ariel Sharon

Guest Lowest form of wit
Ariel Sharon is still alive. He's just in a coma!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Sharon

Welcome to the fold Sherlock, we'd be lost without you. We were under the general impression Sharon was dead. Thank-you for setting us straight.

Good news for Ariel Sharon, bad news for desperate deathlisters: Belgian in a coma... it's not serious.

"I will never forget the day they discovered me," Mr Houben was quoted as saying. "It was like a second birth."

Mr Houben's story was revealed in a paper written by Steven Laureys, a doctor at Liege University who wrote a recent paper that detailed the case. In it, Mr Laureys said that in about 40% of cases in which people are classified as being in a vegetative state, closer inspection reveals signs of consciousness.

Sharon IS serious, he suffered massive bleeding in his brain and the damage can't be reversed. He won't be able to make the kind of progress that Belgian is showing.

Missed this till now but cut and paste:

Oct 22, 2009 18:32 | Updated Oct 22, 2009 18:34

No change in Sharon's vegetative state, says his doctor

By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH

Despite claims on the radio by Ariel Sharon's longtime friend and lawyer Dov Weisglas that the former prime minister - hospitalized for nearly four years at Sheba Medical Center - is "in a stage before awakening from his coma," his personal physician said Thursday that there was no truth to it.

Dr. Shlomo Segev told The Jerusalem Post that only Sharon's son, daughter-in-law and the medical staff see him, and not Weisglas.

Sharon is in a "static vegetative state" with severe brain damage and in a coma, but not a very deep coma that would prevent him from opening his eyes and even following things with them, Segev said.

He praised the nurses and doctors on the staff for their devoted care of Sharon since he went into a coma after two strokes, adding that his maintenance treatment has become routine and that when they recognize problems, they treat them.

There is no such thing as being in "stages of waking up. There is no improvement," he declared, adding that he couldn't predict how long this situation would continue before Sharon's death.

False rumors about Sharon "improving" have persisted since he was transferred in a coma from Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem to Sheba's rehabilitation department.

Ariel will never wake up. He's dead, finished, gone, expired, over with, history, a faint memory, finito, wacked, no longer operating, forever napping. He's retired, exempt, immobile, out of batteries, unchangeable, nonchargeable, deflated, residing in one spot, needs to be dusted, useless, preserved and just for show.

That's right, he's just for show.

My suggestion to Rotten Ali and Maryportfuncity and all others would be to put him on ignore. I wouldn't give him an ounce of credibility. I will never place Sharon on any of my lists again and I hope the anti-Sharon movement will spread rapidly. Someday he'll be a unique pick for some unknown and we'll all laugh when he dies .. it will be like a canned laughter. The kind of laughter heard from those sitcoms in the 1980's.

Ariel will never wake up. He's dead, finished, gone, expired, over with, history, a faint memory, finito, wacked, no longer operating, forever napping. He's retired, exempt, immobile, out of batteries, unchangeable, nonchargeable, deflated, residing in one spot, needs to be dusted, useless, preserved and just for show.

That's right, he's just for show.

My suggestion to Rotten Ali and Maryportfuncity and all others would be to put him on ignore. I wouldn't give him an ounce of credibility. I will never place Sharon on any of my lists again and I hope the anti-Sharon movement will spread rapidly. Someday he'll be a unique pick for some unknown and we'll all laugh when he dies .. it will be like a canned laughter. The kind of laughter heard from those sitcoms in the 1980's.

No. Don't agree. He's on every list of mine till he's gone. I don't think he can live much longer in such a state of health. He was nearly 78 years of age at the time of his stroke and by the end of next year will be clocking on for 83. The quacks are finding new methods to investigate comas all the time. I would think within another 12 months they would know if it really were totally hopeless to keep his body going any longer.

Guest rrr
What? Are you saying no one laughs at 'Washing Powder Shazza'? Ariel

LOL

I would keep him on just in case they do switch him off

They're never going to "switch him off"...and people on life-support in vegetative states can last many many many years.

They're never going to "switch him off"...and people on life-support in vegetative states can last many many many years.

Well there could be a power faliure or some clumbsy person tripping over the cord

Well there could be a power faliure or some clumbsy person tripping over the cord

Battery backups.

Battery backups.

Batteries Run Out After Time

Battery backups.

Is that a newspaper headline?

Battery backups.

Also there could be a Storm or a Flood

Battery backups.

Or a Plague of Frogs.

Battery backups.

Or a Plague of Frogs.

Locusts would be better at getting in the machinery.

Battery backups.

Or a Plague of Frogs.

Locusts would be better at getting in the machinery.

All a bit far fetched.

He will be killed with the state of Israel when the Iranians get round to nuking them.

Nuclear bombs are good at getting at the machinery...

[snip]

All a bit far fetched.

He will be killed with the state of Israel when the Iranians get round to nuking them.

A low yield neutron bomb would fry him without stuffing up the expensive machinery.

Conversely a high altitude, high yield detonation would generate an Electro Magnetic Pulse that'd bugger up his machine sufficiently for some DDP points.

It all depends on whether they want to cook him or his machine.

Guest Anonymous

First of all, Sharon is an illegal pick in that he is already dead. Being kept alive as a vegetable by machines indetermently doesn't count as life. It would be kind of like claiming Ted Williams or Walt Disney was alive in a cryogenic device, really. Claim Sharon in the year he actually died.

Next - while I would rather Ahmedinijad's regime not have nuclear weapons, do you really believe, especially if they do not have the capacity to deliver these to the United States, that they would strike Israel with nuclear weapons? It would mean the immeduate surgical disintegration of Iran's nuclear capability, their military, and their government. Israel and the US is watching them and retaliation would be messy.

Does that mean I don't understand why Iran wants nuclear weapons? Of course not! Many of their neighbors have it. It is a hard diplomatic war.

[snip]

All a bit far fetched.

A low yield neutron bomb would fry him without stuffing up the expensive machinery.

Conversely a high altitude, high yield detonation would generate an Electro Magnetic Pulse that'd bugger up his machine sufficiently for some DDP points.

It all depends on whether they want to cook him or his machine.

First of all, Sharon is an illegal pick in that he is already dead. Being kept alive as a vegetable by machines indetermently doesn't count as life. It would be kind of like claiming Ted Williams or Walt Disney was alive in a cryogenic device, really. Claim Sharon in the year he actually died.

He's still alive no matter how much you protest it. The fun of machine life is that you don't have any idea how long a person might last which makes it in many ways an even better selection.

And now for a little music:::::

Guest Guest
What? Are you saying no one laughs at 'Washing Powder Shazza'?  Ariel

Ah, so that is where the bard got the name for a character in The Tempest from. As Josco used to say: DeathList isn't just entertainment, it's an education.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Really, you cannot put Sharon on this year's list - he is already dead. What was it? December 2005 or January 2006 that he officially died (was put on life support)?

Really, you cannot put Sharon on this year's list - he is already dead. What was it? December 2005 or January 2006 that he officially died (was put on life support)?

Ah, the good old limit-between-life-and-death debate... You came unintentionally with the one and only solid argument to go by: he has not yet officially died. That's more or less the end of the discussion, I'm afraid.