Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lemmy From Motörhead

"Lemmy, a man who once survived a two-week amphetamine bender on just two fruit pies and some yoghurt, was hospitalised last week for dehydration and exhaustion.

Lemmy's manager has been trying to get him to start a more healthy lifestyle so the European tour can continue. Lemmy has compromised... he's agreed to start adding ice cubes to his Jack Daniels. "

I would like to suggest Lemmy as a possible death list candidate, I can't predict exactly how he will die, but he might spontaneously combust :crossbone:

Discuss.

DDT

Lemmy has been technically dead for several years now; but like a freshly beheaded chicken, his body shows no signs of slowing down.

I did read somewhere that if Lemmy ever STOPS taking amphetamines it will cause such a shock to his metabolism that he might suffer a fatal heart attack.

Or it might have been Shane McGowan.

If Shane MacGowan is a speed freak I'd hate to see him off the stuff. I mean, his work rate is hardly impressive as it is.

I hope Lemmy survives to the British leg of the 30th anniversary tour, I've already bought my ticket. Saw the last tour and they were brilliant.

"You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools

But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever."

I'm almost moved to log off and rant as "Metal Man". Go on Lemmy my son, go on.

Lemmy's favourite SitCom. Now that's Rock and Roll.

:lol:

Proof speed'll do you no good. No good at all. :ph34r:

I saw Motorhead many years ago at the Hammersmith Odeon (as it was then). Excellent night out! The scaffolding bomber was particularly impressive. Is this still part of the show?

DWB :ph34r:

I saw Motorhead many years ago at the Hammersmith Odeon (as it was then). Excellent night out! The scaffolding bomber was particularly impressive. Is this still part of the show?

DWB :)

Apparently it's being brought out of retirement.

A fun game to play at a Motorhead gig (or any of a similar ilk) is: "My First Moustache".

What you do, is hang around by the bar and try and spot as many teenagers (usually blokes) as you can who haven't yet purchased a razor.

The ones to look out for have the usual uniform of long hair, full length leather duster, motorcycle boots, worn-out black tee-shirt, spotty face, etc. etc. and you will be suprised at how many have a ridiculous furry caterpillar under their nose or bum-fluff on their chin.

Then Motorhead get on stage and things liven-up a bit.

DWB  :)

I've seen them twice (in 1988 & 1990) and they didn't have the 'bomber' then, Lord G. saw them on the 'Ace of Spades' tour and he doesn't remember seeing it either, glad to hear it is being brought out of retirement. I did see Saxon though, when they had a huge eagle lighting rig on stage and that was quite impressive.

Re the Bomber: It dates back to the 'Bomber' period and is based on a Lancaster bomber. Lemmy is by his own admission 'a reading fool,' and particularly keen on military history books. There's a story that on stage in Germany, stood under the bomber lighting rig he gestured upwards and said to the crowd: 'Haven't seen one of these over here for a while have ya?'

Google tells me I saw them at Christmas 1989.

Jeez, that Google's getting impressive these days. Does it tell you what you got for Christmas that year too?

Yeah, the same as I get every year . . .

I'll tell you why I could Google the correct date. A good friend of mine was in a band called Mournblade and they supported Motorhead for 2 gigs. Hence wise old Google!

Yeah, the same as I get every year . . .

A new pair of socks...

regards,

Hein

DWB  B)

Small world, so did I. They came out to christmas carols then damaged my hearing for two hours. My ears rang for three days.

I think I got a hat for christmas. Happy days!!!

Guest Poultryguest

He's appearing in a film next year called Poultrygeist: Attack of the Chicken Zombies! I hope he lives because I'd love to see that film.

I would like to think that Lemmy will last a lot longer than that awful Pete Doherty.

• Like 1

I think he's probably made of sterner stuff. According to his ghosted autobiography, his blood would be toxic to most people.

According to his ghosted autobiography, his blood would be toxic to most people.

I have no intention of drinking it.

regards,

Hein

I think Lemmy is made of the same stuff as Ozzy, Keith Richards and Lou Reed. Hopefully Pete Doherty isn't as well constructed. If you've never seen Motorhead live, go get a ticket. Totally spiffing evening out.