Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lemmy From Motörhead

Well Jon Lee from S Club 7 was cautioned for possession of cannabis in 2001, that has to see him up in the mix.

• Like 2

There is no throne after Lemmy's gone. Unless these charlatans can still do what they're doing well into the sixth decade. When Lemmy goes he retires the shirt.

When Lemmy goes who is the King of British Music? I throw my vote to Rick Astley or Tom Jones

Who appointed Lemmy as King of British Music?

When?

Why?

• Like 1

When Lemmy goes who is the King of British Music? I throw my vote to Rick Astley or Tom Jones

When?

Why?

That is actually a fair point. After all, Motorhead only had one good song. Lemmy just has idol status because he can drink more thank Gazza, Oliver Reed and me put together, and has a warty face.

Is this the same Lemmy who walked off ( after it had already been shot) Never Mind the Buzzcocks because he had been wounded by jokes aimed in his direction?

Is this the same Lemmy who, in that documentary ( Beeb3?) a while back, was as sane and as sober as, I dunno, erm... Anne Widdicombe and looked as far away from booze, controversy and Rock and roll as, erm...Anne Widdicombe?

Mebee he has not been the "King" for some time and, perhaps, the throne has become cobwebbed ( like erm..Anne Widdicombes fanny) because they days of the hell raiser have gawn, or summat.

When?

Why?

That is actually a fair point. After all, Motorhead only had one good song. Lemmy just has idol status because he can drink more thank Gazza, Oliver Reed and me put together, and has a warty face.

FFS!!

Ace of Spades and Motorhead...thay have two good songs, right? There is only confusion because both songs sound very alike.

• Like 2

Actually I've been thinking about this a bit more, and I've realised the reason he is so iconic - it's because their T shirts are quite good. In terms of music, I'm afraid I think they will now be joining my 'Over-rated Popstars League' with AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd and Shania Twain.

Can you find the Valium Can you bring it soon Lost Johnny's out there Baying at the Moon, Keith by any chance but yeah the Hawkwind version of lost Johnny is soo much better but lemmy won't kick the bucket he ain't the rehab type rehab for him is playing puggy in some bar ,saw him at reading date (fuck google)The Tourist's were there, fucking Police and motorhead Stomped

them a lot of Anarchy about then .Anyway can you put Springsteen on the list .

Now Simon looks so evil And you know he really tries But every time he makes a song That vital number dies.

Cowell :rant::shock2: :shock2: :flame: :flame: :smiley_f:

Been fitted with a pacemaker, not that rock-n-roll a move, but likely back on the road and the Peruvian marching powder soon.

I know it's been suggested before, but Lemmy from Motörhead could be a contender for next year.

Diagnosed with severe haematoma last year, after collapsing on stage. Before that he was fitted with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator to teat an irregular heart beat. He's also got a bad diabetic problem. Not to mention all those years of wild hedonism.

Also, he says he wants to die on stage, so it wouldn't surprise me if he pulls a Michael Jackson and pushes himself overboard.

*Moved: I guess we aren't meant to make suggestions in the 'ideas for 2015' thread if the person in question already has a thread of their own? Noted for next time.*

Edited by wildstorm
Post moved from topic "Ideas And Possibilities For 2015"
  • Like 1

http://www.chronicle...how-due-6662078 Another gig cancelled. Looks like we could "pour some sugar on him" very soon.

Ermmm that was Def Leppard. Lemmy will be killed by death.

I wish Def Leppard would be killed by something, preferable painful.

http://www.chronicle...how-due-6662078 Another gig cancelled. Looks like we could "pour some sugar on him" very soon.

Ermmm that was Def Leppard. Lemmy will be killed by death.

I wish Def Leppard would be killed by something, preferable painful.

Stevie Clark was, and whatsisface lost the arm, so they are getting there.

When?

Why?

FFS!!

Ace of Spades and Motorhead...thay have two good songs, right? There is only confusion because both songs sound very alike.

Motorhead was a song that Lemmy wrote and recorded while still with Hawkwind.

As far as good Motorhead songs go, Ace of Spades, Killed By Death, Overkill, Iron Horse, Eat The Rich.... But then again it all depends on your taste.

When?

Why?

FFS!!

Motorhead was a song that Lemmy wrote and recorded while still with Hawkwind.

As far as good Motorhead songs go, Ace of Spades, Killed By Death, Overkill, Iron Horse, Eat The Rich.... But then again it all depends on your taste.

Fair points but...much as I love Hawkwind, Motorhead's version of the song Motorhead is the definitive take, end of.

Who appointed Lemmy as King of British Music? When? Why?
FFS!! Ace of Spades and Motorhead...thay have two good songs, right? There is only confusion because both songs sound very alike.
Motorhead was a song that Lemmy wrote and recorded while still with Hawkwind. As far as good Motorhead songs go, Ace of Spades, Killed By Death, Overkill, Iron Horse, Eat The Rich.... But then again it all depends on your taste.
Fair points but...much as I love Hawkwind, Motorhead's version of the song Motorhead is the definitive take, end of.

Well the version done with Motorhead is a lot heavier than the original and Lemmy was able to record it the way he had intended rather than having to keep Dave Brock happy.

447266.png

Lemmy laughs in Death's face, again. Just announced three big UK dates incl. a headliner at Wembley Arena on 8 November (so the man remains insurable and must have shown enough signs of good health to indicate he'd still be breathing during the first week of November).

Lemmy sounds fairly wheezy on the 6 Music trailer for his show on that network on New Year's Day.

Might check out the show just to study form, like.

I'm going to see Motorhead (and the Stranglers) at the Eden Project in Cornwall in June. It will be odd hearing speed metal in a tropical biome, but I look forward to studying the form. I wonder if Lemmy will take the heat and humidity in to account before deciding how big his dose of amphetamines should be.

• Like 1

I'm going to see Motorhead (and the Stranglers) at the Eden Project in Cornwall in June. It will be odd hearing speed metal in a tropical biome, but I look forward to studying the form. I wonder if Lemmy will take the heat and humidity in to account before deciding how big his dose of amphetamines should be.

Dream gig DDT. My mates and I - who like a few beers and a loud band - attempt to see every tour by both of those. We - kind of - adopted The Stranglers after Lemmy's health problems cut Motorhead's touring schedule and took them away from the kind of toilet venues we frequent. I'm envious of you getting those two, on one bill, in that venue.

I'm going to see Motorhead (and the Stranglers) at the Eden Project in Cornwall in June.

Sadly that's the only connection between Cornwall and the Stranglers these days.

What a great billing! I'd love to see that show.

Sir C

If you get the chance, asked Jean-Jacques Burnel if he ever danced naked round that totem pole in Wibsey when he was a student. He'll know what I'm talking about.