Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lemmy From Motörhead

So this thread's subtitle should read 'last remaining member of Motörhead'

SC

SC

Nah, there's still three of them. Last founding member though. We all said when we bought tickets for the 40th anniversary tour that it might be a last chance to see job. It's starting to look that way.

SC

Nah, there's still three of them. Last founding member though. We all said when we bought tickets for the 40th anniversary tour that it might be a last chance to see job. It's starting to look that way.

Larry Wallis is still alive. He was the original guitarist.

SC

Larry Wallis is still alive. He was the original guitarist.

Aye, I was a bit sloppy with the reply. Lemmy is the last founder still on board. In other news, Fast Eddie is still alive and well, albeit less fast these days.He matters cos he's the first guitarist most people remember.

Shocked, knew he had health issues but somehow thought he would get better Lemmy is the sort of person you thought would go on forever and be the one at your Grand-kids funeral well after everyone else from his era had carked it still i suppose a bottle of Jack Daniels a day for 40 years, Drugs and sleeping with over 2,000 women was bound to catch up with him eventually, a miracle he made his 3 score years and 10 really. RIP.

• Like 1

Bloody hell. He always seemed like the type of person to have the Reaper on a restraining order. Remember his immortal life lessons: "The secret to not dying is to keep breathing." Might have forgotten that one at the crucial moment there, Lem.

Cancer - shocked. I thought that his hard living would kill Mr Kilmister.

RIP a true rock legend.

He lived life to the full. Gave us music during a career that spanned 50 years. I think I might watch Eat The Rich tonight.

What will they dig his grave with? The Ace of Spades?

• Like 2

For that remark you're the Joker of the day. Shame on you.

I'm gonna miss him.

• Like 1

I'm gonna miss him.

Feels weird seeing his name up on news sites with "dead at 70", "died 2 days after his 70th birthday"....

I'll never forget what he said to me shortly before buying me a beer after I bumped into him as I was heading to the medical tent at Donnington after getting my nose broken. He put his hand on my shoulder, looked me straight in the eye and said "You look a right fucking mess. Get yerself cleaned up and we'll get some beers down ya"

• Like 6

Guest jamie sweetin

Rip Lemmy

Guest SadPanda

The man that was Lemmy ... rocking with the rest of the gods now

RIP

I'm gonna miss him.

Feels weird seeing his name up on news sites with "dead at 70", "died 2 days after his 70th birthday"....

I'll never forget what he said to me shortly before buying me a beer after I bumped into him as I was heading to the medical tent at Donnington after getting my nose broken. He put his hand on my shoulder, looked me straight in the eye and said "You look a right fucking mess. Get yerself cleaned up and we'll get some beers down ya"

Not sure which news sites are telling you he died 2 days after his birthday but his birthday is the 24th and he died on the 28th. You might be reading that he died 2 days after being diagnosed with agressive cancer.....

Guest Guest

I know it's been suggested before, but Lemmy from Motörhead could be a contender for next year.

Diagnosed with severe haematoma last year, after collapsing on stage. Before that he was fitted with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator to teat an irregular heart beat. He's also got a bad diabetic problem. Not to mention all those years of wild hedonism.

Also, he says he wants to die on stage, so it wouldn't surprise me if he pulls a Michael Jackson and pushes himself overboard.

*Moved: I guess we aren't meant to make suggestions in the 'ideas for 2015' thread if the person in question already has a thread of their own? Noted for next time.*

please let us know who should be on the list for next year

Guest Guest

it's wierd he died just 2 days after being told he h ad terminal cancer.Anyone think he maybe committed suicide?

Guest droosy

it's wierd he died just 2 days after being told he h ad terminal cancer.Anyone think he maybe committed suicide?

If this is the case, he will be buried outside the cemetery and any Anglican priest won´t attend his funeral!!