Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lemmy From Motörhead

it's wierd he died just 2 days after being told he h ad terminal cancer.Anyone think he maybe committed suicide?

With or without help, vou mean? The thought occurred to me, yes. Apparently it's been legal in California for a few months.

• Like 1

Guest Jean Paul Levesque

His most coherent peformance:

it's wierd he died just 2 days after being told he h ad terminal cancer.Anyone think he maybe committed suicide?

With or without help, vou mean? The thought occurred to me, yes. Apparently it's been legal in California for a few months.

Well, according to the article you linked “the law will take effect 90 days after the Legislature adjourns its special session on healthcare, which may not be until next year — January at the earliest, November at the latest.” (Presumably, they mean November 2016.) Even if you count 90 days from the day the Govenor signed the bill (5 Oct 2015), it couldn't have been legal just yet. However, I don't think I'd care if I was in excruciating pain and could access the right pills.

Well, according to the article you linked “the law will take effect 90 days after the Legislature adjourns its special session on healthcare, which may not be until next year — January at the earliest, November at the latest.” (Presumably, they mean November 2016.) Even if you count 90 days from the day the Govenor signed the bill (5 Oct 2015), it couldn't have been legal just yet. However, I don't think I'd care if I was in excruciating pain and could access the right pills.

Oops, I didn't read that far and stand corrected. :bow:

Not that I generally reply to guest posts but that had occured to me, very close to his birthday and that terminal diagnosis. Nowt conclusive online, yet...

I'm shocked. Metal isn't my kind of music, but the man was a legend.

What will they dig his grave with? The Ace of Spades?

For that remark you're the Joker of the day. Shame on you.

I'm gonna miss him.

Feels weird seeing his name up on news sites with "dead at 70", "died 2 days after his 70th birthday"....

I'll never forget what he said to me shortly before buying me a beer after I bumped into him as I was heading to the medical tent at Donnington after getting my nose broken. He put his hand on my shoulder, looked me straight in the eye and said "You look a right fucking mess. Get yerself cleaned up and we'll get some beers down ya"

Not sure which news sites are telling you he died 2 days after his birthday but his birthday is the 24th and he died on the 28th. You might be reading that he died 2 days after being diagnosed with agressive cancer.....

It was just one site that I clicked on from somebody's facebook page. The same site also said that he died a week after Philthy had died, so I didn't pay too much attention to it.

The weirdest thing was just uttering a phrase I never thought I would which was "Lemmy's dead".

It was just one site that I clicked on from somebody's facebook page. The same site also said that he died a week after Philthy had died, so I didn't pay too much attention to it.

The weirdest thing was just uttering a phrase I never thought I would which was "Lemmy's dead".

sad-cute-puppy-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

I'm gonna miss him.

Feels weird seeing his name up on news sites with "dead at 70", "died 2 days after his 70th birthday"....

I'll never forget what he said to me shortly before buying me a beer after I bumped into him as I was heading to the medical tent at Donnington after getting my nose broken. He put his hand on my shoulder, looked me straight in the eye and said "You look a right fucking mess. Get yerself cleaned up and we'll get some beers down ya"

Not sure which news sites are telling you he died 2 days after his birthday but his birthday is the 24th and he died on the 28th. You might be reading that he died 2 days after being diagnosed with agressive cancer.....

I tell you what, its highly highly improbable that he would have been diagnosed with aggressive cancer and die from it all within the space of two days.

I suspect, as is generally the case, you are diagnosed way too fucking late for anybody to do anything so you just start dying until you go down hill within a matter of days THEN die.

Fair play Lemmy, you never compromised.

• Like 1

I'm gonna miss him.

I tell you what, its highly highly improbable that he would have been diagnosed with aggressive cancer and die from it all within the space of two days.

I suspect, as is generally the case, you are diagnosed way too fucking late for anybody to do anything so you just start dying until you go down hill within a matter of days THEN die.

Fair play Lemmy, you never compromised.

I'm wondering if the cancer was detected early enough, would have have undergone chemo or just carried on living in whatever way he could?

It would be hard to imagine Lemmy without any hair.

The official M/H statement on their FB page - does have a sense of him picking the moment and the band revealing it later. Then again, they must have more to say because there are dates in the diary, including the one I have a ticket for next month. So, who knows?

There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made its way down the street, with his family.

We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.

We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.

Have a drink or few.

Share stories.

Very sad news.Always assumed he would go on and on and on !Definitely sounds like euthanasia to me.If it was complications from the cancer such as heart problems or pneumonia he would have been in hospital not surrounded by family in his home.

I'm waiting for ITV news to show the report of his death and incorporate a clip of Rufus Hound in it!

• Like 1

I guess it's no longer time to play the game.

He seemed to be playing a video game before he died - http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/motorheads-lemmy-kilmister-playing-video-7085769- his children might have unplugged him

He looks very ill and weak in the clip where he talks about the Bataclan. If I'd seen that before ..... Put it this way, it's hard to believe he had gigs booked in less than a month.

He seemed to be playing a video game before he died - http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/motorheads-lemmy-kilmister-playing-video-7085769- his children might have unplugged him

He looks very ill and weak in the clip where he talks about the Bataclan. If I'd seen that before ..... Put it this way, it's hard to believe he had gigs booked in less than a month.

That article was from July, even though he had some bouts of illness he probably just assumed that he'd recover in time for the January gigs.

That article was from July, even though he had some bouts of illness he probably just assumed that he'd recover in time for the January gigs.

I know the tour was announced in the summer, I mentioned it to a friend who is also a Saxon fan when it was first advertised.

As far as I know the tour was still on. I had an email only today listing upcoming gigs in my area, and it was still there. I think Maryport said he had a ticket.

I know the tour was announced in the summer, I mentioned it to a friend who is also a Saxon fan when it was first advertised.

As far as I know the tour was still on. I had an email only today listing upcoming gigs in my area, and it was still there. I think Maryport said he had a ticket.

Peerhaps they might go ahead with the gigs, but just do it as a tribute.

Legend is a much overused word these days but it's appropriate for Lemmy.

Only saw Motorhead the once, back in 2007. They were LOUD.

He's also a small twig on my sleep (NOT f***, sleep) tree.

He once did a Q&A on Popbitch. It used to be online somewhere but I can't find it. As is my wont, I asked him about The Nolans.

Very sad news.Always assumed he would go on and on and on !Definitely sounds like euthanasia to me.If it was complications from the cancer such as heart problems or pneumonia he would have been in hospital not surrounded by family in his home.

Recently, his manager revealed more details about his illness:

Originally, doctors thought he had possibly suffered a minor stroke, but a scan of Lemmy’s brain found “an extremely aggressive cancer” in his brain and neck. “The doctor comes with the result a couple of days later and says… it’s terminal,” Singerman tells Sky News.

“Nobody had any idea,” Singerman adds. “We just learned Saturday, two days ago (sic), that he even had cancer and the doctor told him he had between two to six months to live. He goes (dies) today as I was making calls to (bandmates) Phil and Mikkey telling them to come on out so they could have a last goodbye while he was still upbeat and everything. He was feeling mighty low… He wasn’t expected to die like that … That (cancer) was the last thing we thought he would ever have. When you think about it he has been to every doctor and hospital around the world and nobody caught that… That comes as a massive shock.”

“He took it (the news) better than all of us,” Singerman tells Rolling Stone. “His only comment was, ‘Oh, only two months, huh?’ The doctor goes, ‘Yeah, Lem, I don’t want to bullshit you. It’s bad, and there’s nothing anyone can do. I would be lying to you if I told you there was a chance.'” Lemmy was also in favor of telling fans what was going on, even though the news was obviously sad. Unfortunately, Lemmy passed before that press release could be sent.

In: Lemmy Kilmister Manager Details Terminal Brain + Neck Cancer http://loudwire.com/lemmy-kilmister-manager-details-terminal-brain-neck-cancer-diagnosis/?trackback=tsmclip

Based on this, I guess it could either have been a stroke caused by his brain cancer or suicide. A life expectancy of just 2 months from diagnosis is quite short, so I guess his cancer was really advanced and/or aggressive, so it might have been natural.