Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lemmy From Motörhead

I'm going to see Motorhead (and the Stranglers) at the Eden Project in Cornwall in June. It will be odd hearing speed metal in a tropical biome, but I look forward to studying the form. I wonder if Lemmy will take the heat and humidity in to account before deciding how big his dose of amphetamines should be.

If you get the chance, asked Jean-Jacques Burnel if he ever danced naked round that totem pole in Wibsey when he was a student. He'll know what I'm talking about.

I can email Jake Burns to ask him. Jake's been out drinking with Jean-Jacques the past few nights.

I love Lemme and Mötorhead, so it pains me to post this.

Seems he's ill again, enough to cancel the tour.

SC

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/motorhead-cancels-monsters-of-rock/

The important information being that his diabetes is a day-to-day issue. Motorhead and The Stranglers are booked for a double header at the Eden Project before too long. Anyone hereabouts got tickets and able to give us an eyewitness account?

BBC 4 planning 30 mins of highlights from his set at Glasto tomorrow. It's a weird looking bill now. Motorhead supporting the Foos was inspired, but he'll have to impress those bagging their positions for Florence and the Machine now.

This could be interesting, might show his tender side and perform "Don't Let Daddy Kiss me."

He looked in reasonable nick although he's one one of those that could drop dead overnight and we wouldn't be in the least surprised!

He looked in reasonable nick although he's one one of those that could drop dead overnight and we wouldn't be in the least surprised!

Look beyond the appearance. He's the frontman of a metal band and stood still at his mike all through the set.

Look beyond the appearance. He's the frontman of a metal band and stood still at his mike all through the set.

He's the lead vocalist and bass player, of course he's going to stand still at his mic throughout the set. Whenever I've been to see them he often has done just that.

Even back in 2001 when I first heard of Motorhead, Lemmy would stand by the mic and mumble the lyrics. It's just his style.

I do love that he got fired from Hawkwind for his drug use though. A bit like getting fired from the Tea Party for being too right wing.

• Like 2

Even back in 2001 when I first heard of Motorhead, Lemmy would stand by the mic and mumble the lyrics. It's just his style.

I do love that he got fired from Hawkwind for his drug use though. A bit like getting fired from the Tea Party for being too right wing.

When Mark Radcliffe interviewed him I noticed his (Lemmy's) right hand was shaking, though I think he'd probably done the pre-lash before going on stage. Don't think he has Parkinsons.

I'm going to see Motorhead (and the Stranglers) at the Eden Project in Cornwall in June. It will be odd hearing speed metal in a tropical biome, but I look forward to studying the form. I wonder if Lemmy will take the heat and humidity in to account before deciding how big his dose of amphetamines should be.

Dream gig DDT. My mates and I - who like a few beers and a loud band - attempt to see every tour by both of those. We - kind of - adopted The Stranglers after Lemmy's health problems cut Motorhead's touring schedule and took them away from the kind of toilet venues we frequent. I'm envious of you getting those two, on one bill, in that venue.

It was a great night out. This was the fourth time I've seen Motorhead over a period of about 20 years and, whatever Lemmy's health problems may be, it hasn't altered the band's on stage presence in the slightest. They were just as good as ever. The gig was actually outdoors, adjacent to the domes, rather than inside them, which was probably for the best.

I'm not really a Stranglers fan, but I enjoyed their set as well, although, rather disturbingly, a middle aged lady in the crowd appeared to drink an entire bottle of neat gin and passed out right in front of me before the fun had really started. I thought it was a piece of performance art until the St John's Ambulance crew showed up.

We met loads of old friends we hadn't seen for ages and ended up at an all night party on Bodmin Moor, which was still going strong when we left at 9am ^_^

• Like 3

Dream gig DDT. My mates and I - who like a few beers and a loud band - attempt to see every tour by both of those. We - kind of - adopted The Stranglers after Lemmy's health problems cut Motorhead's touring schedule and took them away from the kind of toilet venues we frequent. I'm envious of you getting those two, on one bill, in that venue.

It was a great night out. This was the fourth time I've seen Motorhead over a period of about 20 years and, whatever Lemmy's health problems may be, it hasn't altered the band's on stage presence in the slightest. They were just as good as ever. The gig was actually outdoors, adjacent to the domes, rather than inside them, which was probably for the best.

I'm not really a Stranglers fan, but I enjoyed their set as well, although, rather disturbingly, a middle aged lady in the crowd appeared to drink an entire bottle of neat gin and passed out right in front of me before the fun had really started. I thought it was a piece of performance art until the St John's Ambulance crew showed up.

We met loads of old friends we hadn't seen for ages and ended up at an all night party on Bodmin Moor, which was still going strong when we left at 9am ^_^

I'm envious DDT. Though I do have a two day ticket for this year's Ramblin' Man which is wall to wall with metal and prog oldsters - Saxon, Blue Oyster Cult, Greg Allman, Camel, Marillion and Ian Anderson. Seasick Steve is also on there.

I'm envious DDT. Though I do have a two day ticket for this year's Ramblin' Man which is wall to wall with metal and prog oldsters - Saxon, Blue Oyster Cult, Greg Allman, Camel, Marillion and Ian Anderson. Seasick Steve is also on there.

MFC that's an incredible lineup! Would I could attend, even if they'll be shades of the original members.

Side note: Saxon's drummer had a heart attack or something late last year, so glad to see he's back at it and keep an eye on him.

SC

It wasn't so much that he got fired for his drug use, it's that he was detained at customs in Canada thus causing issues on their tour. If it had been on another occassion, then I don't think Dave Brock would have been so bothered.

MFC that's an incredible lineup! Would I could attend, even if they'll be shades of the original members.

Side note: Saxon's drummer had a heart attack or something late last year, so glad to see he's back at it and keep an eye on him.

SC

Aye, the problem is - quite literally - where to do and when. Saxon follow Blue Oyster Cult during Saturday daylight, so have them marked in before loading up on beer and watching Camel close on the prog stage that night.

Might do Joanne Shaw Taylor instead of Greg Allman at close of play on Sunday, though only if Seasick Steve finishes on time.

• Like 1

Lemmy interview: 'Apparently, I am Still Indestructible'.

The Motörhead frontman has changed his lifestyle – he has switched from whiskey to vodka – in the battle for health. As the band release their 22nd studio album, Bad Magic, he explains how 50 years of hard rocking have taken their toll

Guest shitforbrains

Vinegar Tits - wasn't your co-worker from Wentworth, 'The Freak' recently found guilty of historical sexual abuse?

I do hope you aren't into that lesbo black gloves thing.

New album out today.... Still sounding good!

Motorhead cancels Salt Lake City gig after four songs due to Lemmy feeling unwell

A friend of mine was at the gig. He said "Lemmy not looking good at all"

Nooo!

I've got a ticket to see them Saxon and Girlschool in January.

Don't want the crushing disappointment Lardy experienced when Dave Grohl broke his leg.

• Like 1

Motorhead cancels Salt Lake City gig after four songs due to Lemmy feeling unwell

Nooo!

Don't want the crushing disappointment Lardy experienced when Dave Grohl broke his leg.

QUIET, YOU! We do not mention the 'L' word this close to the rescheduled gig!

Nooo!

QUIET, YOU! We do not mention the 'L' word this close to the rescheduled gig!

L = Lemmy

L = Leg

You and me both with fingers crossed.

Supposedly his problem the other day was being able to breathe in thin air at a high altitude. Though, frankly, I worry how long he'll breathe in any case. 70 is a medical miracle when you consider his lifestyle.

• Like 1

Tour interrupted out of health worries:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/03/motorhead-cancels-us-show-amid-health-fears-for-frontman-lemmy

Apparently, Lemmy had a bad case of altitude sickness.

So, he'll survive a night onstage in London in January, then?