Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lemmy From Motörhead

Nah, 2 months life expectancy feels more like an announcement this week, and him using the January gigs, if he could make them, as a sort of George Melly-esque last stand.

It's just one of those things.

He seemed to be playing a video game before he died - http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/motorheads-lemmy-kilmister-playing-video-7085769- his children might have unplugged him

He looks very ill and weak in the clip where he talks about the Bataclan. If I'd seen that before ..... Put it this way, it's hard to believe he had gigs booked in less than a month.

That article was from July, even though he had some bouts of illness he probably just assumed that he'd recover in time for the January gigs.

I know the tour was announced in the summer, I mentioned it to a friend who is also a Saxon fan when it was first advertised.

As far as I know the tour was still on. I had an email only today listing upcoming gigs in my area, and it was still there. I think Maryport said he had a ticket.

I do, and we're expecting to chase a refund. With all due respects to Saxon - who I saw at Ramblin' Man in July - we'd bought the tickets for Motorhead and there is no acceptable substitute for them. They've made the right decision to disband right away.

• Like 1

You knew the punks were going to be a big thing because they told you they were. Rat Scabies came up behind me in Dingwalls, this terrible urchin with awful red hair, spots all over him. He said, “Oi, you’re Lemmy aren’t you?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ He said, ‘You think you’re a rock star or something?’ I said, ‘Well if there’s going to be one, it might as well be me.’ He said, ‘Fair enough, I’ll buy you a drink.’ We’ve been friends ever since.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/29/lemmy-a-life-in-quotes

Very sad news.Always assumed he would go on and on and on !Definitely sounds like euthanasia to me.If it was complications from the cancer such as heart problems or pneumonia he would have been in hospital not surrounded by family in his home.

Overkill....

As the person who started this thread, over a decade ago, I feel privileged to have been present at one of Motorhead's last UK gigs, at the Eden Project in June. At the time Lemmy didn't look too bad at all and I would have never have thought he wouldn't see the year out. I'm glad for him that he didn't endure a slow and painful death and think it is rather apt that somebody who lived so fast managed to die fast as well.

Also, if it hadn't have been for Lemmy, I may never have got together with Mrs DDT, having met her at the impossibly romantic setting of a Motorhead concert at Glasgow Barrowlands in October 1995 :rolleyes:

RIP Lemmy and thank you for the memories. :rip:
  • Like 6

“Nobody had any idea,” Singerman adds. “We just learned Saturday, two days ago (sic), that he even had cancer and the doctor told him he had between two to six months to live.

Perhaps he got the news a couple of months back and kept it to himself? Though you'd think he'd have to say something due to touring commitments. He does look like he's rapidly wasting away in that Bataclan comment clip.

Look, Lemmy is DEAD, he has GONE, let him go FFS!!!!!!!!!!!
If I read yet another 'He wuzz a leg end he wuzz...' or another anecdote about him I shall be forced to find a cats rectum to shove this laptop up!!

Well LFN

“Nobody had any idea,” Singerman adds. “We just learned Saturday, two days ago (sic), that he even had cancer and the doctor told him he had between two to six months to live.

Perhaps he got the news a couple of months back and kept it to himself? Though you'd think he'd have to say something due to touring commitments. He does look like he's rapidly wasting away in that Bataclan comment clip.

There's the insurance angle as well.

If I read yet another 'He wuzz a leg end he wuzz...' or another anecdote about him I shall be forced to find a cats rectum to shove this laptop up!!

Well LFN

So who would your rock legend be then? Bieber? Swift? The Wiggles?

Well LFN

So who would your rock legend be then? Bieber? Swift? The Wiggles?

half of that is a quoted statement from LFN I said he was dead and now he has to do it, still waiting.

Watching the memorial service on youtube.

Me too, loving it; Rob Halford sharing some love about the man.

• Like 1

Me too, loving it; Rob Halford sharing some love about the man.

I watched it too, fucking stream cut out during Dave Grohl. But there was some proper lol moments with some of the stories.

• Like 1

I've signed the petition to name a newly discovered element Lemmium.

This is Slash at Lemmy's funeral - LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIS COCK BULGE!

29qcfeo.jpg

29qcfeo.jpg

Aye, and that strategically placed phallic symbol pointing to it; photographic gold!

Watched the memorial service while it was streaming. The link kept freezing at various points, so I'll have to watch it again when I can get a spare couple of hours.

My daughter was commenting on how people were saying "There was no one cooler in the room than Lemmy" and how everyone was saying how nice he was.

I told her that it was true, that's how Lemmy was.

29qcfeo.jpg

2lvy3is.png

• Like 3

29qcfeo.jpg

2lvy3is.png

I knew I wasn't the only one thinking of that :D

For those that missed the memorial service on Saturday, you can watch it here

Shocking to know Lemmy loved the Bee Gees and Abba....

The first few albums by The Bee Gees are actually pretty good, can't stand their stuff once they got into disco

He knew a good tune when he heard one. Simple.

• Like 1

I've just had a shocking thought. Is Lemmy no longer the coolest person in heaven?