Guest Catherine C

Death List Candidates 2004

Guest Catherine C

Charles Lane - veteran American bit part actor. last I heard he was 104.

Sid Luft - ex husband of Judy Garland. About 84 I think. While we're on that

subject, how about Vincente Minnelli's 94 year old widow? Though I'm not

sure if inclusion would be warranted.

Lady Aitken - Jonathan Aitken's mum. 91 approx

Charlton Heston...? He has Alzheimers.

Olivia De Havilland/Joan Fontaine? Both 85 plus I believe.

Charles Haughey, ex-Irish PM. In poor health for years and now in his late

70's. Again, might not be famous enough.

Luise Rainer - 93 year old Oscar winning actress.

Titanic survivors - 3 left, all 90 plus.

Plenty of food for thought there.

Thanx for your suggestions - they will be considered in December when work on the new list starts.

Cheers

DeathList Committee

Guest The Dark one.

A bit of an outsider but what about Jacko?

Jacko would be an DeathList amazing success - but as you say - a long shot.

Perhaps just one more personal crisis will put him in contention for entry on the list.

Dear Catherine

You must have amazing hearing as Charles Lane is a mere 98. A definate contender if the panel can be convinced he is famous enough.

Alzheimer's isn't really a terminal condition, just look at Ronnie. And Charlton's only 79 (ish).

Mr Stats

Keeper of the official Death List statistics

Self appointed

Guest Neville

Interesting. Charles Lane will be 105 in January and recently lost his wife of 71 years so the signs look good for an early death list success in 2004 if he manages to ring in the New Year. :P

Mr Charles Lane sounds very promising indeed then - I think the only concern is whether he passes the official famousness test - Will his death be well reported in the UK media? A tough call :P

Mr Reaper

Charles Lane is definately famous enough. There seems to be some dispute over his age though. I have one official biog listing his d.o.b. as 1899 and another as 1905

Hmmmm. Either way he's on my list

Mr Stats

• Like 1

My darling Death List

Did you know that the absolutely yummy Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was still strutting his funky stuff?

He must be at least 200 years old by now.

Death comes to us all wearing Pixie Boots

Well Mr Stats Im glad you're confident - I trust you will be able to gain the support of the rest of the committee when the time comes.

Guest Arnold

I think Charles Lane will make a small downpage obit in the broadsheets with a pic as his face will be recognised by millions if not his name. I think his sheer age will also make him newsworthy.

Guest Arnold

Kay Walsh - One of George Formby's only surviving leading ladies and former wife of David Lean. She's now 89, very frail and has just been admitted to a nursing home. The Internet Movie Database have her as dying in 1979, one of their rare errors. I have e-mailed them a correction which should appear soon.

Reg Varney must be worth a punt? He's 87 now. No news of ill health but very ancient now.

Blakey is defintely worth consideration - nice suggestion Arnold :P

Hi Arnold and Stayin Alive

We've had our eye on Reg Varney for some time now although he still seems to be in good health

However we completely overlooked Stephen Lewis (Blakey) mainly because he's still appearing in Last of the Summer's Wine and you couldn't pay me to watch that. Interestingly he's a bit coy about his age and a solid morning's research has got me nowhere - does he have something to hide?

If any of Stephen's relatives drop in here can you find out how old he is and let us know? Thanks.

Kay Walsh - we might need an "is she famous enough" vote.

Mr Stats

Official Death List statistician

Self appointed

I know his mother and she says he's 92 this month

Guest Arnold

Kay Walsh - very famous in her day. Her death will make the Daily Telegraph, Times and the Express whose readers will be well acquainted with her.

Guest Arnold

Mary Hayley Bell. Will be 93 in January. Famous as the wife of Sir John Mills. Her fragility is of course well known but the decline is speeding up. Also famous for writing Whistle Down the Wind.

Dolores Hope. Famous as widow of Bob, who she married in 1934. Also famous for co-presenting many Xmas shows with him. Will be 95 next year and has had the shock of losing him recently.

Guest Guest

Stephen Lewis - the Internet Movie Database has him born in London in 1936. He's a bit like Clive Dunne, a middle-aged man playing old men. He could have another 20 years left in him yet I reckon. I think Reg wins by a nose on this one.

Oh, nice avatar Mr Stats! If not a little pixelated.

Where can one purchase those Mr Stats "Percentage" Trucker Caps from? Have you done the numbers... do they add up for direct marketing?

I am already the proud owner of a Deathlist mug and have been quite satisfied with it, well our builders seem to be. Even after we gave the mug to a guy who came on site and whose wife had recently died - oops.

Of course I took the liberty of adding Mr Stats' avatar for him - indeed it is pixelated but you cant have everything. I will have to discuss the % Cap with Mr Stats - maybe he'll want to add them to DL merchandise store.

DeathList mugs should, of course, be used with care.

DeathList coasters have recently been trialled and came out quite well. They may well still though cause offence to those with recently departed spouses! :P

Arnold - Is, by any chance, one of your many pseudonyms Obnob?

Guest Arnold

No, I've been on as Neville and Guest but am sticking with Arnold. :P

Don't put the mugs in the dishwasher

If only death was so easy to remove in reality