millwall32

Brinsworth House and Denville Hall

Further to this part of the Richard O'Sullivan thread-Who will be the next resident of Brinsworth House to go?

- Are there any residents who should be included on the DL?

- Any info on who is in there ?

• Like 1

Dickie as in Richard O'Sullivan I think.

I believe Alan Freeman is there as well.

So there it is.

The runners and riders in the Brinsworth House DL

Are Charlie Drake (nee Springhall) b. 1925

Richard O'Sullivan (b.1944 and, according to DL gossip, in an actively suicidal state)

and Alan "Fluff" Freeman. (b.1927)

Do any other DL'ers have any info on who is in the home for the terminally entertaining?

I gather he gave a very stirring performance as Baron von Hardon in a Jim Davidson panto only last year.

My money would be on Fluff.

But does anyone knoe who else is in there?

From Hansard no less, October 2002

Dr .Vincent Cable-"I shall start with a narrative of how this situation arose. I became a Member of Parliament in 1997, and, shortly afterwards, I was invited to another care home in my constituency called Brinsworth House, of which the Minister may have heard. It is a famous care home for the elderly, where many retired comedians, musicians and variety artists reside. Thora Hird is among its current residents, and Arthur Askey was a resident there. It is a wonderful institution. I was called in by the general manager, who pointed out a serious problem affecting his home—a care nurse had abused elderly patients, and he had taken steps to have the person dismissed. He had discovered, however, that that person had been hired by another care home down the road a few days later.

The general manager called me in for two reasons. First, he wanted me to note that appalling things were happening in the unregulated private sector, that people were being hired and rehired who were well below acceptable standards, and that it was very important that the Government grasped the need to regulate the sector properly. Secondly, he wanted me to go to the local press to publicise the fact that his home had had this problem and had dealt with it. I took that to heart, as it struck me as being an exemplary way in which providers of care for the elderly in the private sector should deal with problems: in an open, transparent and public way, with nothing to hide."

Are Dickie and Fluffy even safe in there I ask myself?

Fluff is there because he has bad arthritis and asthma. He got into trouble days after arrival for playing his music too loud - rebel that he is.

One of his favourite tricks as an asthmatic is/was to have a blast on his inhaler to get his lungs working well and then light up a fag to get the full benefit.

If he's really as rock 'n' roll as he'd like us to think his shelf-life is already expired. Not arf!

Fluff is there because he has bad arthritis and asthma. He got into trouble days after arrival for playing his music too loud - rebel that he is.

One of his favourite tricks as an asthmatic is/was to have a blast on his inhaler to get his lungs working well and then light up a fag to get the full benefit.

If he's really as rock 'n' roll as he'd like us to think his shelf-life is already expired. Not arf!

zippy.gifAlan ' Fluff ' Freeman in his heyday. :huh:

Which I think must shorten the odds on Fluff to 2/1 on ?

Does anyone else have any info on who is in there?

It's listed here under attractions . I wonder if anyone can just go in and snoop around? Actually I'm not if the other residents would be that famous . I had a look on imdb.com to see who died there. One was Thora Hird and the other was someone I've already forgotten.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformatio...lent_Fund/2fb9/

Here are some Brinsworth House patrons doing their best to help put the terminally entertaining

jonmajor.jpg

Spot any potentials for DL 2006? I realise that the chap at the back with the tan has pegged it already but what about Messers Weedon, Inman, and Major?

It makes me nervous but this thread appears to be becoming popular. Do we have any further ideas on who may be in there?

Since the Richard O'Sullivan thread is my all time favourite and it has appeared in the forum again today I thought I would repeat my request.

Any info on who is in Brinsworth. I have done a boit of research myself, even asked a few local residents and have come up with nothing other than Charlie Drake, Alan Feeman, and R O'S.

Appeal to all DL'ers-Who else is in there??

Guest A viewer

Perhaps if we all put a few quid in each and make a donation to Brinsworth. Then one of us could take the donation to the house and get a look inside and find out who's in there.

Don't think that I haven't thought of it. Those in BH must be good bets for the DL due to the depression and severe knock to the showbiz ego that is being in such accomodation. Leave alone the chances of being kicked by a trapeze artist while eating your geriatric liquid food.

Tempis Fugit, late of this forum, offered the following odds last month on the next Brinsworth casualty

Charlie - 8/5 favourite

Alan - Evens

Richard - 2/1 outsider.

Any takers?

For that matter, Any more riders?

A viewer Posted on Sep 9 2005, 11:04 AM

Perhaps if we all put a few quid in each and make a donation to Brinsworth. Then one of us could take the donation to the house and get a look inside and find out who's in there.

Well, that's your suggestion!

Mine is, that we actually do put down plans for the previously mentioned deathlist 2006 naming convention/christmas party - and raise some money ("He does a lot of good work for charity... mate") and indeed help Brinsworth House?

I think Dec 17th in the London area. How about at one of the Heathrow airport Hotels? I've done the Ibis in the past. Any one else have a favoured date. Maybe for those who can't get we could post back to the site reports from the convention via internet linked laptops. You never know maybe we could get a famous guest or two!

Any takers for attendance? I'm addressing this in the main to the mod's since if we do this type of event we would be wise to understand if it will really become the new way to select next years list rather waste all our time if its still going to be just a couple of people in a darkened room again drawing up the list!

Mine is, that we actually do put down plans for the previously mentioned deathlist 2006 naming convention/christmas party - and raise some money ("He does a lot of good work for charity... mate") and indeed help Brinsworth House?

I think Dec 17th in the London area. How about at one of the Heathrow airport Hotels? I've done the Ibis in the past. Any one else have a favoured date. Maybe for those who can't get we could post back to the site reports from the convention via internet linked laptops. You never know maybe we could get a famous guest or two!

Any takers for attendance? I'm addressing this in the main to the mod's since if we do this type of event we would be wise to understand if it will really become the new way to select next years list rather waste all our time if its still going to be just a couple of people in a darkened room again drawing up the list!

Why not have it in Twickenham?

Then after lunch we could all roll over to Brinsworth House en masse, hand over a rubber cheque and do a bit of snooping while we're about it.

Actually, on thinking about it, Twickenham isn't really that far from Heathrow anyway.

I wonder if we could enlist members (spies) from amongst the staff or residents at Brinsworth House. Perhaps windsor has access to contacts in the business?

A viewer Posted on Sep 9 2005, 11:04 AM

A good idea. Unfortunately it will fall foul of the mods who will want the ultimate decision on who gets put on DL 2006.

A couple of people in a darkened room drawing up the list sounds good to me.

In all fairness that way of doing things has been quite successful over the last few years.

And at the end of the day, if we have a bad year we can transfer all the blame to the mods. ;)

I quite like the complete lack of responsibility myself.

Members and guests have the opportunity throughout the year to put forward their suggestions. If you make a good case, it'll end up on the list. Anyway, isn't this all intended as a bit of light relief from the daily grind, not a raison d'etre?

Having said all this, there are some members and moderators, I would love to meet, just out of curiosity you understand.