millwall32

Brinsworth House and Denville Hall

Gordon Kaye was tootling along during the foreplay for the 87 hurricane when a tree branch came through his window, hit him in the head and allowed a few splinters to lodge in his brain. Struck a few of us as ironic at the time that he was in danger of turning into the kind of amiable but essentially simple soul he was famous for playing on screen.

Well he must be doing alright (or at least as alright as you need to play a part in a Croft / Lloyd s*itcom) as they're doing a 'special'...

Despair for comedy

BBC article on DL's favourite retirement home here.

Great article - I'm astonished that the Dame Edna Everage sidekick is 100 yrs old this year.

Glad to see they have "new blood" after Fluff & Drakey died last year.

I can remember her sidekick - she was my favourite part of the show.

So dour...

Wasn't she called Madge?

The following link:

http://www.superboxing.co.za/default.asp?i...g/international

mentions that "Dickie O'Sullivan" has died.

Don't get excited, though:

"British flyweight Dickie O’Sullivan, one of the famous fighting O’Sullivans from London, has died. He would have been 81 on May 24."

Well, there hasn't been much activity on this thread for a while!

It's only friend of a friend stuff but......allegedly Dickie might return to acting this summer. I'd been banging on about him over a pint a while back and a fellow drinker who - like - knows somebody, told me his agent was getting offers for him and they were considering one of them seriously. I am, of course, pinning people against walls to find out more so's I can post it here.

It's only friend of a friend stuff but......allegedly Dickie might return to acting this summer. I'd been banging on about him over a pint a while back and a fellow drinker who - like - knows somebody, told me his agent was getting offers for him and they were considering one of them seriously. I am, of course, pinning people against walls to find out more so's I can post it here.

A 90 minute drama type programme - with a suggestion that although his character will be mentioned lots and lots, he won't have an over-exerting amount of screentime (like with Khan in Star Trek II, I suppose) and if it goes well there is the offer (being used as a carrot) of a MATH/RN "lookback" - like they've just done with 'Allo, 'Allo.

Though apparently this could just be a case of the agent flying a few kites to try and secure a deal for some of their other clients. Interesting, though, but it isn't the first time the rumour has flown around.

No flying kites involved and its genuine, albeit stuff I'm struggling to dig out. Ask Lindsey Hughes if I'm the type to spread pointless rumours on this forum! I'm posting it on this thread rather than the Dickie O one to keep the profile lower, guessing if anyone actually working with the great man drops in here they check only his thread. But - as proof of it being genuine - I'll offer up another discovery today. The 'work' in question is a radio play. Kinda makes sense, no live audience, no moving around in front of cameras, he just sits there and reads his lines. My friend of a friend couldn't give me probabilities on how likely it is. But it sounds plausible to me and it's from a good source.

Gordon Kaye was tootling along during the foreplay for the 87 hurricane when a tree branch came through his window, hit him in the head and allowed a few splinters to lodge in his brain. Struck a few of us as ironic at the time that he was in danger of turning into the kind of amiable but essentially simple soul he was famous for playing on screen.

....and was outed by a tabloid when his boyfriend came to visit him in hospital if I recall.

Yet another bit of Brinsworth related publicity with no mention of Richard O'Sullivan.

....and was outed by a tabloid when his boyfriend came to visit him in hospital if I recall.

He actually outed himself by going to, I think, Carol Malone the journalist, when a rent boy he got talking to threatened to out him if he didnt cough up the readies.

Great article - I'm astonished that the Dame Edna Everage sidekick is 100 yrs old this year.

"This former can-can dancer has plenty to say and is a bundle of good cheer, despite having had both her lower legs amputated."

If it wasn't the BBC I'd say that article was a piss-take

"This former can-can dancer has plenty to say and is a bundle of good cheer, despite having had both her lower legs amputated."

She'd be a can't-can't dancer then.

She'd be a can't-can't dancer then.

Two things come to mind, apart from that utterly appalling pun, STTG, hang your head in shame!

Who would want to stay in the "Brian Conley" suite?

Why is Penny Forsyth, mother to Bruce Forsyths Children, staying there and not living in a nice big Bungalow with 24hr round the clock nursing with Ex hubby Mr Forsyth happily footing the bill?

I dont give a sh*t how good or acrimonious their relationship is or was, Brinsworth f*****g House!!!

Thats nasty.

Now here's a dilemma. Assuming you could only visit one would you be more interested dropping in on Brinsworth House or the retirement home for Mexican hookers?

That depends on how far Penny Forsyth is willing to go to pay her rent

Guest ATS
Now here's a dilemma. Assuming you could only visit one would you be more interested dropping in on Brinsworth House or the retirement home for Mexican hookers?

That depends on how far Penny Forsyth is willing to go to pay her rent

Guest ATS

Latest death at Brinsworth House is that of Emily Perry

She played Madge Allsop in the Dame Edna series. She made it to 100 though

Link.

Guest ATS

Link.

Cheers for posting the link

As mentioned on the Dead thread, John Hewer AKA Captain Birdseye is now fish food, but that means another cabin is freed up on the good ship Brinsworth.

As mentioned on the Dead thread, John Hewer AKA Captain Birdseye is now fish food, but that means another cabin is freed up on the good ship Brinsworth.

Why don,t we vote for who should fill the vacancy? Mine goes to Liz Smith, lovely old girl.

Alan Haynes, drag artist and BH resident who used to be part of a double-act with Danny La Rue, has died aged 90

Brinsworth House beckons but they're still on the road as part of The Best of British Variety Tour. If anyone of us has the stomach to survive this show a report on the current health of Ms Krankie, Frank Carson and a few of the other older members might be useful.

I cant quite remember, how did we get to find out who exactly is in there?

Was at home doing nothing today and had a look at the website and that doesn't seem to say.

Did we have a mole on the staff or soemthing?

Cant find it in the thread.