millwall32

Brinsworth House and Denville Hall

Does now, just fixed it.

Sorry!

What I find sad is people jumping in to steal my glory, lol!

Here's a list of famous people who've died there. There are quite well known names there.

http://us.imdb.com/Find?select=Bios&for=de...4&Go.y=14&Go=Go

As I think I've mentioned earlier the same search for Brinsworth House only brought up Thora and someone unknown to me. Therefore there might potentially be more famous people there that at Brinsworth. In other words we need to find out who's in there.

There seems to be a strong Allo Allo connection there. Maybe Gordon Kay will end up there.

Did n't Gordon Kaye have quite a serious accident a few years ago? I wonder what he's up to now

Did n't Gordon Kaye have quite a serious accident a few years ago? I wonder what he's up to now

As far as I remember, a tree fell on his head during the 'Great Storm' of 1987.

Was it really that long ago? Bloody Hell I'm getting old.

As far as I remember, a tree fell on his head during the 'Great Storm' of 1987.

Bet Gordon didn't think it was that great. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

There are 36 people in there. I want to know who the others apart from Alf Pearson are!!

Yet another water rat. That's him on the left next to Paul Daniels. They all end up there. Its like limbo for Brinsworth House and Denville Hall.

http://www.eabf.org.uk/gowr.htm

Yet another water rat. That's him on the left next to Paul Daniels. They all end up there. Its like limbo for Brinsworth House and Denville Hall.

http://www.eabf.org.uk/gowr.htm

Looking at their membership list, there are a lot of old timers on there.

It's like a roll call of the living dead,

I wonder which Water Rat will be the next to bite the Warfarin, so to speak.

Looking at the photo on Tempus Fugit's link & seeing Roger De Courcey, it begged the question, what happened to Nookie Bear?

Did they split up due to artistic differences?

Did Nookie develop a drug dependance & slip into obscurity?

Is he in the North Pole saving his Arctic cousins?

Did he shack up with some bear tart on a delapidated barge somewhere on the canals of England?

Did he retire with Emu to a villa in Spain?

Is Nookie already in Brinsworth House?

Is Nookie even alive?

Or is there something far more sinister going on here, such as Roger doing the cuddly little bastard in?

If anyone has any info please let us know.

I was just looking up Ray Donn on the Brinsworth House website to see who he was (check the Richard O' Sullivan site if you're unaware of his irrelevance) & noted with some surprise that H.M the Queen is the Patron.

Now, as it's a well known fact that Royal Patrons are only given to members of the Royal Family who use the product in question (Princess Margaret- Woodbines/ Prince Charles- Baby Bio/ Prince Harry- Von Steinz Fancy Dress Shop, Berlin/ Princess Di- KY Jelly), it occurred to me that perhaps the Queen might have her own bedroom at Brinsworth House?

Perhaps if Ray Donn reads this he might post a reply & confirm or deny this. If it is true perhaps he could ask Her Maj to shuffle along the corridor & inquire as to how Dicky O is holding up?

I was just looking up Ray Donn on the Brinsworth House website to see who he was (check the Richard O' Sullivan site if you're unaware of his irrelevance) & noted with some surprise that H.M the Queen is the Patron.

Now, as it's a well known fact that Royal Patrons are only given to members of the Royal Family who use the product in question (Princess Margaret- Woodbines/ Prince Charles- Baby Bio/ Prince Harry- Von Steinz Fancy Dress Shop, Berlin/ Princess Di- KY Jelly), it occurred to me that perhaps the Queen might have her own bedroom at Brinsworth House?

Perhaps if Ray Donn reads this he might post a reply & confirm or deny this. If it is true perhaps he could ask Her Maj to shuffle along the corridor & inquire as to how Dicky O is holding up?

BHB I think you're getting mixed up here between the Royal Warrant - by appointment to - and Royal patronage which is a bit different. The Queen doesn't need to use the charity to say she approves of it offically. Patronage is about lending your name and occasional presence. Maybe she leads the annual Brinsworth chorus of Knees Up Mother Brown.

Some might regard Buckingham Palace as a rather exclusive old folks' home where the inmates take their cornflakes from Tupperware boxes.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040726.html

Thank you, Godot.

I stand corrected & enlightened. :lol:

I see they got some pictures of the Christmas cabaret at Brinsworth.

I notice that all the photos are copyright of Ray Donn.

So I won't put them on here, you'll have to click on the link.

I see they got some pictures of the Christmas cabaret at Brinsworth.

I notice that all the photos are copyright of Ray Donn.

So I won't put them on here, you'll have to click on the link.

One particularly notable absintee from the merry goings on. Are we to assume that a certain Bh resident occasionally mentioned on this website felt he had no particular talent to bring to the cabaret?

Further to my question about henry MacGee. I think he did die here. His imdb entry says he died in Twickenham which is where Brinsworth House is and we know he died in a nursing home. I wonder who took his place?

(I'm not sure if we're allowed to post on this thread anymore so delete my post if necessary)

Why would we not be allowed to post on this thread?

I don't know. I just got a bit paranoid because the Dickie O thread seemed to disappear

I don't know. I just got a bit paranoid because the Dickie O thread seemed to disappear

It mysteriously re-appeared. Strange goings on indeed... :(

Guest glen lilley
:lol: fluff rox,i wrote 2 him wen i woz living in the uk and he wrote back str8 away,i woz wel impressed!!he wud b the best jock of al time awesome guy!!lov ya fluff!! frm glen lilley flat 3 27 ward street christchurch newzealand!!

:lol: fluff rox,i wrote 2 him wen i woz living in the uk and he wrote back str8 away,i woz wel impressed!!he wud b the best jock of al time awesome guy!!lov ya fluff!! frm glen lilley flat 3 27 ward street christchurch newzealand!!

Am I in the wrong forum here? I thought this was Deathlist, not some teenage chatroom.

Any teenager hitting on Alan 'Fluff' Freeman must be studying History.

Any teenager hitting on Alan 'Fluff' Freeman must be studying History.

Alan "Fluff" Freeman has been on my DP list a couple of times when he got ill and then retired, since then I've moved him down the list somewhat. Keeping a close eye on his condition he may get reinstated into my final 10

Looking at the photo on Tempus Fugit's link & seeing Roger De Courcey, it begged the question, what happened to Nookie Bear?

If anyone has any info please let us know.

Last time I saw De Courcey was at a celebrity golf event in 2003.

The bear was with him, I seem to recall, but the chap was an absolute ass.

But not as bad as John Bardon (Jim Branning, EastEnders) who told at least one person to "F**k off" when they asked for an autograph.

Bobby Davro was also there - just day or so after bellyflopping in the Games.