millwall32

Brinsworth House and Denville Hall

Aye, 'appen this is telly as permanent departure loungue.

Another worthy consideration is anyone who's been around who might be coming up to the show's cast.

I mean, if Richard O' Sullivan could get a job anywhere these days.......

Or Clive Dunn

Don't think that Richard O' Sullivan will be getting a job anywhere these days...he's currently resisiding in Brinksworth House (actor's retirement home) with a few, shall we say, health issues. Along with Charlie Drake.

Disco Diva, thank you so much for this illuminating piece of information. I've made a note of it.

Me too, struggling to find BRINKSWORTH House on the Internet mind, keep turning up some place called BRINSWORTH, could that be the one?

Guest Guest

Sad to say that Fluff has departed. :shoot:

Yes, very sadly Fluff has snuff'd it. :shoot: So who else is in there?

Here's a thought...Steve Allen, Radio Presenter on LBC.97.3 often visits Brinsworth House as he too lives in Twickenham. Apparently Fluff was a friend of his. Now I don't suggest that this would be an approporiate time...but in the future, an e-mail or text to one of his Shows may provide a few clues.

Steve Allen is on from 5am to 7am weekday mornings (for early bird forum members) and also hosts a Sunday morning slot from 12 noon till 2.

If enough of us e-mail, and then listen out, surely we'll learn more. Also point out that if he reveals all, we'll add many thousands of new listeners.

Failing that, can't one of disguised as a Romanian immigrant apply for a cleaning job at Brinsworth?

PS: Now that AF has gone...who's going to take over hiis room?

Probably a personage of diminutive size, 'Fluff' wasn't exactly a giant of a man so it's a passable guess that the recently vacated accomodation might be described as 'compact and bijou.'

Guest Guest
Did anyone else know that Normie was told to leave BH because he kept wandering into other residents rooms? He was meant to be having a trial stay, with the view to moving in for good in December but ended up leaving early because the other residents weren't too happy :shoot: Think it was a bit of a storm in a teacup, he'll probably still be moving in, but it made me laugh. Wonder who he was walking in on?

From that account and the report of him wandering down to a local garage it seems that Norman Wisdom might be suffering from some kind of senile dementia such as alzheimers-early stages for now perhaps.

Guest Guest

ps shouldnt the late great Fluff Freeman get his own thread?!

ps shouldnt the late great Fluff Freeman get his own thread?!

He has.

PS: Now that AF has gone...who's going to take over his room?

I've been pondering this one. I think Bert Weedon, Reg Varney or John Inman would be good candidates. Of course my dream candidate is the beloved Mollie. Sugden and O'Sullivan together is a match made in for heaven.

I don't think Mr. O'Sullivan will be going to heaven, or the other place, any time soon, with or without Ms. Sugden...

Guest the grim reaper
I don't think Mr. O'Sullivan will be going to heaven, or the other place, any time soon, with or without Ms. Sugden...

Richard O hasnt had a stroke I heard but at Brinsworth House 'cos he has memory probs... can't remember his lines perhaps :)

You can see a pic of dear Dicky at robertross.co.uk look at gallery 2 last picture .... taken apparently fairly recently.

by the way who the hell is Robert Ross?

Thanks fo some great laughs on her you regulars too :pop:

Richard O hasnt had a stroke I heard but at Brinsworth House 'cos he has memory probs... can't remember his lines perhaps :)

You can see a pic of dear Dicky at robertross.co.uk look at gallery 2 last picture .... taken apparently fairly recently.

This Robert Ross geezer is a bit of a star....what a web site for research !!

Holy Cow - Richard looks exactly like my very own father in that picture.

The pic in the Robert Ross gallery is the same one posted by Vinegar Tits some weeks ago on the Richard O'Sullivan thread.....

Having read this thread with some amusement I would like advise you that I am happy and healthy and providing commentary for a special edition Dick Turpin DVD together with David Daker who played Captain Spiker in the show. I am intending to not make your list for some time yet !

Regards

Richard O'Sullivan

i have intitaited a correspondance with this person, just to check if he is lying. I like the idea that R O'S has the e-mail address 'turpinsdick@hotmail.com' but it is so obviously a lie. Also liked the photo of RO'S in Central London taken a few weeks ago. NICE THAT YOU WERE ALLOWED OUT FOR THE DAY DICKIE DEAR ...WELL DONE, YES, BEDTIME NOW THOUGH DEAR.

Just for the record the message from my e-mail (millwall32(at)hotmail.com) to his/hers was

"Dear Sir

Are you truly Richard O'Sullivan or just a lying, morbidly curious, prank playing asshole?

Yours sincerely

Millwall32"

whatever reply I get will be posted here.

Having read this thread with some amusement I would like advise you that I am happy and healthy and providing commentary for a special edition Dick Turpin DVD together with David Daker who played Captain Spiker in the show. I am intending to not make your list for some time yet !

Regards

Richard O'Sullivan

i have intitaited a correspondance with this person, just to check if he is lying. I like the idea that R O'S has the e-mail address 'turpinsdick@hotmail.com' but it is so obviously a lie. Also liked the photo of RO'S in Central London taken a few weeks ago. NICE THAT YOU WERE ALLOWED OUT FOR THE DAY DICKIE DEAR ...WELL DONE, YES, BEDTIME NOW THOUGH DEAR.

Just for the record the message from my e-mail (millwall32@hotmail.com) to his/hers was

"Dear Sir

Are you truly Richard O'Sullivan or just a lying, morbidly curious, prank playing asshole?

Yours sincerely

Millwall32"

OK, let's assume the reply will be similar to:

"Yes I am Dicky, and not a lying, morbidly curious, prank playing asshole!"

What next?

DWB :)

Regards

Richard O'Sullivan

Just for the record the message from my e-mail (millwall32@hotmail.com) to his/hers was

"Dear Sir

Yours sincerely

Millwall32"

OK, let's assume the reply will be similar to:

"Yes I am Dicky, and not a lying, morbidly curious, prank playing asshole!"

What next?

DWB :)

All I can say is that this was in my inbox this morning

"From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com>

Sent : 09 December 2006 19:13:52

To : millwall32@hotmail.com

Subject : Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

| | | Inbox

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

turpinsdick@hotmail.com"

Guest David
Did n't Gordon Kaye have quite a serious accident a few years ago? I wonder what he's up to now

Yes, he did indeed. I don't know what he's doing these days though. I think he's single and lives in London.

Guest David
Me too, struggling to find BRINKSWORTH House on the Internet mind, keep turning up some place called BRINSWORTH, could that be the one?

Yes, it is indeed Brinsworth House you're thinking of. A lot of TV stars are living there - unless I'm much mistaken, I think Richard O' Sullivan is living there. PLease do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Gordon Kaye was tootling along during the foreplay for the 87 hurricane when a tree branch came through his window, hit him in the head and allowed a few splinters to lodge in his brain. Struck a few of us as ironic at the time that he was in danger of turning into the kind of amiable but essentially simple soul he was famous for playing on screen.

BBC article on DL's favourite retirement home here.

Great article - I'm astonished that the Dame Edna Everage sidekick is 100 yrs old this year.

Glad to see they have "new blood" after Fluff & Drakey died last year.

BBC article on DL's favourite retirement home here.

Great article - I'm astonished that the Dame Edna Everage sidekick is 100 yrs old this year.

Glad to see they have "new blood" after Fluff & Drakey died last year.

I can remember her sidekick - she was my favourite part of the show.

So dour...

Guest orville woods
Gordon Kaye was tootling along during the foreplay for the 87 hurricane when a tree branch came through his window, hit him in the head and allowed a few splinters to lodge in his brain. Struck a few of us as ironic at the time that he was in danger of turning into the kind of amiable but essentially simple soul he was famous for playing on screen.

The timber in question wasnt a tree branch . He was driving his car through London during a gale when a piece of timber forming part of a billboard hoarding detached itself and came through his car winsdscreen striking him on his forehead which remains scarred today.

When he was seriously ill in hospital The Sport newspaper snuck in and conducted an interview with him in his confused state and took pictures of him in bed. There was subseqently a well publicised complaint regarding this.

Could not a reader of this forum consider and take this idea forward ? Considering the number of regular newspaper reports from Brinsworth House couldnt someone visit there on the pretence of being a freelance journalist writing a story and then clock the residents , noting those in poorest health and make a polite getaway ? Just an idea.

Wow, I'd have never thought she was that old now or then - I wouldn't have put her as late 70s/80s back in the day.

By the looks of her she's got a good few more years left in her too.