Lady Die

Plane, Train And Automobile Crashes

31 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hmmm. Suddenly I feel peckish. 

Authorities say three professional Frisbee players have died after they were involved in car crash en route to a team practice in Detroit.   Kevin Coulter, Drew Piet and Michael Cannon died after their vehicle was rear-ended Saturday evening on I-96 in Ionia County. Michigan State Police say speed and inattention were believed to be factors in the crash.

The men played for the American Ultimate Disc League team the Detroit Mechanix.
SC

1 dead and 1 injured as Canadian Forces Snowbird crashes in Kamloops B.C.

On 22/05/2020 at 12:56, roaming_comrade said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52766904

Pakistan Airplane Crash near Karachi, 107 people on board, 99 passengers

One of the victims is fashion model Zara Abid. Quite ironic that the plane came down in a neighborhood  of Karachi named Model Colony.

I could have posted it in ironic deaths.

Three reported dead as a result of the train derailment in Aberdeenshire this morning.....

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Three reported dead as a result of the train derailment in Aberdeenshire this morning.....

Driver and conductor are both reported dead

Georgia lawmakers are mourning the loss of a 20-year-old Georgia senator's aide who was killed in a fiery car crash Friday.

Harrison Deal, 20, died in a crash in Pooler, Georgia, around 10 a.m. on Friday. The crash involved three different cars that caught fire and injured three other people who were treated on the scene.  Deal was on the campaign team of Senator Kelly Loeffler,

Loeffler was scheduled to appear at a rally with Mike Pence in Savannah on Friday but did not make the event following Deal's death.

Said Loeffler, “it was kind of a big deal.”

SC

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Said Loeffler, “it was kind of a big deal.”

Yes, dying usually is to most people.

On 05/12/2020 at 04:54, Arsewipe said:

Yes, dying usually is to most people.

:whoosh:

There are two airlines I would never fly here - Lion Air and Sriwijaya Air. There were others (Merpati, Batavia, Adam Air) but they went bankrupt already.

I did fly on Sriwijaya a few years back, but I went in business class so felt safer:lol:

29 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

There are two airlines I would never fly here - Lion Air and Sriwijaya Air. There were others (Merpati, Batavia, Adam Air) but they went bankrupt already.

I did fly on Sriwijaya a few years back, but I went in business class so felt safer:lol:

Merpati famous for losing  about 6 planes in 3 years in the 90’s

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

I was just saying.... you get what you pay for when purchasing a ticket for Sriwajaya Air.  You gotta be nuts to do so.

7 hours ago, Lynchian said:

Boeing 737 missing shortly after takeoff in Indonesia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55601909

I don't know the exact numbers, but there are hardly any airlines flying at present compared to 'normal times'. 

Reported death toll rising by the hour.

26 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Awkward to say the least....

Trim tabs fixed backwards and upside down. I think the pilot nosedived.

It's a pity Cat isn't around, he knows about this stuff, so does @Phantom I think.

Yoinks ago I did a bit...

I think there's more to this than trim tabs, they're not a primary control surface and I can't see them causing an accident particularly since the guy was a recently retired atpl (professional licence holder) for goodness sakes not some recently passed newbie. Something else failed imo.

Odd.

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

It's a pity Cat isn't around, he knows about this stuff, so does @Phantom I think.

I think there's more to this than trim tabs, they're not a primary control surface and I can't see them causing an accident particularly since the guy was a recently retired atpl (professional licence holder) for goodness sakes not some recently passed newbie. Something else failed imo.

Odd.

The Reno P51 crash about 10 years ago was caused by the elevator trim tab, the aircraft pitched up violently (around 14g) blacking out the pilot. 

30 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

The Reno P51 crash about 10 years ago was caused by the elevator trim tab, the aircraft pitched up violently (around 14g) blacking out the pilot. 

Didn't know that. However a P51 is a high performance military plane,  a PA 31 is not. Edit, and I just looked it up, it was involved in an air race at low altitude / high speed.

Admittedly my experience was in c150/ c152 / c172 with even less performance :).

I don't know enough to say it wasn't just the trim tabs, simply saying I find it hard to see without some other / additional issue.

9 hours ago, En Passant said:

Odd.

Yes that would cause an issue that's for sure. Although if you have had that amount of hours under your belt, you would be able to just leave the trim alone and focus just on flying the aeroplane.

A Boeing 737 cargo plane was forced to execute an emergency water landing off the coast of Hawaii after taking off from Honolulu, according to an initial report tweeted by CNBC. The crash happened just moments ago, at about 1:30 a.m. local time.
SC

• Shocked 1