Lady Die

Plane, Train And Automobile Crashes

Airbus crashes in New York river

Miraculously, all 152 people onboard the aircraft survive.

Apparently the passengers included Ronnie Biggs, Patrick Swayze and Fidel Castro. Oh well ...

There's talk of giving a medal to the heroic pilot, a Captain C Dunn.

Airbus crashes in New York river

Miraculously, all 152 people onboard the aircraft survive.

Apparently the passengers included Ronnie Biggs, Patrick Swayze and Fidel Castro. Oh well ...

There's talk of giving a medal to the heroic pilot, a Captain C Dunn.

Something, at least. It was a masterful job of putting the plane down in the river without killing anyone. He's apparently quite a guy.

Our hero Chesley Sullenberger-----and in this day of rapidity, he already has a fledgling website made for him (mind you the site is a worthless waste with links to links of ads) Chesley B. Sullenberger

I have flown on US Air, a cramped experience to put it nicely, I'm amazed anyone could get out of those tight quarters but glad they all did. It was strange how it happened, and I didn't even hear any sirens going off although it was nearby and during the following hours the plane was shifted down river towards Battery Park City where the water is gently splashing over it even as we speak. According to Kitty something-or-other who gave a news conference, the plane is to be yanked from the Hudson tomorrow and then sent to 'an undisclosed location'.

Yet to find the black boxes or the engines.

Oh and so nobody thinks I am totally against US Air, I must add the preaise factor. When I was temporarily incapacitated upon landing at LaGuardia in 2002, they summoned a chair and hustled me off to the baggage carrousel where the US Air employee got my luggage and then zipped me over to the taxi cabs where by being in a chair, I got to the front of the line, leaving about 60 others grimmacing and muttering. Additionally, US Air has always delivered me to my destinations on time and at a decent (for air travel) cost.

100_0656.310155517_std.jpg

When I was temporarily incapacitated upon landing at LaGuardia in 2002, they summoned a chair and hustled me off to the baggage carrousel where the US Air employee got my luggage and then zipped me over to the taxi cabs where by being in a chair, I got to the front of the line, leaving about 60 others grimmacing and muttering. Additionally, US Air has always delivered me to my destinations on time and at a decent (for air travel) cost.

I get your point(?) Turn up and pretend to be disabled.

Yet to find the black boxes or the engines.

They know where the boxes are - they are on the plane. They just can't get to them right now. They are using side sonar to try to find the engines. The Hudson is such a nice, clear, pretty body of water. *choke*

They are using side sonar to try to find the engines. The Hudson is such a nice, clear, pretty body of water. *choke*

To the extent that the divers couldn't see that one of the engines was still attached. They apparently have a reasonable idea of where the other one is.

My sister, who as regular visitors may know survived her boat sinking from under her some years ago, was right next to where the plane did its' Neil Young impression.

Anyone wishing to avoid this Jonah may wish to know she's flying back from NYC to Heathrow some time tomorrow.

A Manx 2 plane has crashed in Cork - RIP to those poor people that have lost their lives - sincere condolences to family and friends

It looks like most passengers have died or are in a critical condition

A Manx 2 plane has crashed in Cork - RIP to those poor people that have lost their lives - sincere condolences to family and friends

Are any of them celebrities?

Are any of them celebrities?

No

Nice news piece on BBC with a RTE presenter at the scene. Bit like the Eurovision without the music.

The closest any of those that died onboard had to a claim to fame was Brendan McAleese, a cousin of Irish President Mary McAleese's husband Martin.

But that's as far as it goes

What a waste of a thread.

That's what I really wanted to say but thought I'd be subtle :birthday2: for a change.

That's what I really wanted to say but thought I'd be subtle :birthday2: for a change.

:lol:

Be honest, was anyone else hoping that Stuart "the brand" Baggs was on board?

Be honest, was anyone else hoping that Stuart "the brand" Baggs was on board?

I was more hoping that Mrs T was on board.

The closest any of those that died onboard had to a claim to fame was Brendan McAleese, a cousin of Irish President Mary McAleese's husband Martin.

But that's as far as it goes

Deputy First Minister Martin "Tommy gun" McGuinness had planned to use the flight for a meeting but the date was changed last week (meeting is now tomorrow).

I was thinking just the other week we needed a thread to list major transport disasters (airplane crashes, boat sinkings & train crashes)

Sometimes the major loss of life is thus noteworthy not withstanding if any famous people are involved.

PS - well found TAFKAG @ POST #75

I was thinking just the other week we needed a thread to list major transport disasters (airplane crashes, boat sinkings & train crashes)

Sometimes the major loss of life is thus noteworthy not withstanding if any famous people are involved.

I suggest we re-name the thread "Black Death Flight Recorder"...

But what constitutes 'major'? 2 deaths, 3, or 4, or 2 deaths, one loss of limb, 1 death, three loss of eyeballs, what? It's all too much for me. I need a lay down.

Here's a handy plane crash thread that I'm sure can be adapted (and renamed?) for multi-purpose travel disaster use.

Recycle_Symbol_50.gif

• Like 1