Lady Die

Elvis Presley

The King died on his throne exactly 28 years ago.

Bookmakers have revealed that wagers have all but dried up from fans betting that Elvis Presley is still alive.

Over the years bookmakers William Hill have taken thousands of bets that Elvis will be found alive, but in the last year fans have stopped placing bets.

Bookmakers have now lengthened the odds of Elvis being found alive from 100/1 to 1000/1.

"The biggest odds we have ever given was a Elvis related bet, we offered 14 million to one that Elvis will crash land a UFO into Loch Ness hitting the monster," said bookmaker Rupert Adams.

"It is perhaps the end of an era, where even his most ardent fans no longer believe that Elvis could have remained hidden for so long."

• Like 1

It's really a shame. This morning as i just woke up i was switching

the channels on the tv and i saw the life biography of "The King"

Elvis Presley..

I was playing host to my mate's 14 year old today and helping her with with her history project - on Elvis - whilst her dad fixed my computer.

Takes all the excitement out of it when a teacher has asked her to 'Asses the Cultural Impact' of the great man.

• Like 1

He spoke very highly of you Tempus.

• Like 1

He was a cornball,with extremely limited talent.

If the king of rock and roll had limited talent according to you Tempus'

He didn't write anything so ..

I wouldn't say that to John's face Banshee. Otherwise I suspect you'd be visiting the casualty dept.

:huh:

John?

My My that wouldn't be you would it?

I did not particularly care for most of Mr. Presley's music although I do still have the ever popular early (very early) '70s classic Burning Love on a 45rpm record. Always felt sad for his daughter Lisa Marie who was so young at the time her father died.

Yup those final lines describe me

I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love!

Visit the lyrics here:Burning Love

Guest christina-

WTF. Are you trying to say that a man

who was named The King of Rock was a cornball

with extremely limited talent.?!?!

I think your either you have a really

shitty taste in music, or your just being an

attention whore

KayThanksBye-&&

WTF. Are you trying to say that a man who was named The King of Rock was a cornball with extremely limited talent.?!?!

I think your either you have a really shitty taste in music, or your just being an attention whore

KayThanksBye-&&

Franzl Lang is regarded as The King of Yodelling.

If I were to describe him as having limited talent, you, who may happen to really love the singing of alpine herdsmen, would wholeheardtly disagree.

This does not necessarily mean that I have really shitty taste in music, it just means I have different tastes to you. It does not give you the right to accuse me, or anyone else that happens to think differently to you, of having really shitty opinions. How arrogant of you to think that it does.

Neither does this give you the right to declare that someone is an attention whore. Although quite what being paid for sex has to do with seeking to be the centre of attention is beyond me. And why you would think to describe someone who doesn't like a particular kind of music this, is way is beyond me. Again, you must be a particularly narrow-minded and arrogant person to think this way.

I pity you and those around you if you behave like this out in the real world.

Check out this opinion from scaruffi.com:

"Elvis Presley was the first great swindle of rock'n'roll, and the prototype for the ones that would follow. Equipped him with a masterful rhythm section (Bill Black on bass and Scotty Moore on guitar), he was marketed as the juvenile delinquent that he was not. In segregated America, Presley became the ultimate white robber of black hits: Arthur Crudup's That's All Right Mama (1954), Roy Brown's Good Rockin' Tonight (1955), Junior Parker's Mystery Train (1955). He began to move towards "whiter" material with Carl Perkins' Blue Suede Shoes (1956), with Shorty Long on piano, Mae Axton's Heartbreak Hotel (1956), perhaps his vocal masterpiece, Leiber & Stoller's Hound Dog (1956), but his black soul still emerged in Otis Blackwell's diptych Don't Be Cruel (1956), his greatest hit, and All Shook Up (1957). Leiber & Stoller's Jailhouse Rock (1958), finally an irreverent boogie, was his swan song. Presley the rocker died there: he went on to croon and shout operatic melodies such as old Italian songs, and to specialize in seduction numbers such as Love Me Tender (1956, stolen from the soundtrack of "Rancho Notorious"), and Hugo (Peretti) & Luigi (Creatore)'s Can't Help Falling In Love (1961, a rewrite of Giovanni Martini's Plaisir d'Amour). "

You should read what he says about the Beatles!

I'm glad someone mentioned yodeling.

Now I can post this.

Sorry it's in German but that shouldn't spoil anyone's enjoyment of the audio samples.

Elvis Ho Hum: Now there's a great new name for my band.

• Like 1

Elvis Ho Hum: Now there's a great new name for my band.

Do I get any royalties?

• Like 1

Elvis, a true cultural icon of the USA.

A fast food bloated, mediocre singer, who died on the john.

He'd make an ideal stamp.

Bloody hell, you've been cheery since returning from your otracism Tempus. Are you under a lot of pressure at work or something?

Elvis, a true cultural icon of the USA.

A fast food bloated, mediocre singer, who died on the john.

He'd make an ideal stamp.

Bloody hell, you've been cheery since returning from your otracism Tempus. Are you under a lot of pressure at work or something?

something.

:(:(

I am the instrument of my own downfall, but it's an instrument I play so well.

I guess that he is not too keen on Elvis. :)

• Like 1

Guest -;emmy

THIS SITE IS GAY