Lady Die

Elvis Presley

Red West also got a Mail AP obit that makes mention of Sonny but not the fact he's dead. Ouch... reminds me a bit of last year's Majestik Magnificent.

On 7/20/2017 at 16:59, Death Impends said:

Red West also got a Mail AP obit that makes mention of Sonny but not the fact he's dead. Ouch... reminds me a bit of last year's Majestik Magnificent.

Well what do ya know, the above link got updated to mention Sonny West's death!

Perhaps the Mirror editor who lurks here has a Mail job as well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Well done Going Underground for a good punt, even if the obit mention came 2 months afterwards. 

Re the Memphis Mafia: there are still some obitable members above ground probs worth watching amongst them - cos they'll get written about when they go even on a busy news day - are Judy Spreckels (early girlfriend), Jerry Schilling (long time member) and Larry Geller (Elvis' hairdresser and spiritual advisor - much hated by the likes of Col Tom Parker because of the influence he had on Elvis)

8 hours ago, Death Impends said:

I think it's a mail editor who lurks here, the mirror article last time appeared after a mail article on the same death didn't it (so the likelihood is we have a "friend" at the mail and the mirror use the mail as source). Speaking of which dear friend at the mail. any chance of a story on Zoltan Sarosy - the hungarian chess master; you could do it as one of your puff pieces "the chess master the world forgot in his old age".

Also hang on didn't Spade mention he was a journalist yonks back; are you at the Mail Spade?

Nope, I am within walking distance of the Mirror's offices though. Might pop my head around the corner and tell them to hurry up on ol' Jagraj.

• Like 3

Some guy bets 350 pounds on Elvis Presley showing up alive this year.  2000:1 odds, I dunno that doesn't sound enough, does it?

SC

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Some guy bets 350 pounds on Elvis Presley showing up alive this year.  2000:1 odds, I dunno that doesn't sound enough, does it?

SC

It still amazes me that absurd things like this get 2000:1 odds whereas Leicester winning the Premier League which DID happen got 5000:1....!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2017 at 16:03, Sir Creep said:

SC

Wonder what Elvis thinks about his daughter and ex-wife being scientologists. Also about Lisa Marie marrying Michael Jackson. Would like to be a fly on that wall. Daddy´s home!

On 26/10/2016 at 10:54, maryportfuncity said:

Saw a feature on Priscilla Presley in the paper over the weekend - notable because it mentioned that her household includes both her parents (Priscilla is 71!)

Not anymore - Paul Beaulieu, Priscilla Presley's father, has died aged 92.

Donna Butterworth, a child actress and singer who co-starred with Elvis Presley in the 1966 movie “Paradise, Hawaiian Style,” died Tuesday at Hilo Medical Center following a long illness. She was 62.

SC

68A7A080-CA51-488A-A41A-D4FC0A2F6E21.jpeg

Jim Malloy, a recording engineer, publisher and producer, died Thursday.

Over the course of his career — first in Hollywood, then Nashville — Malloy worked with a staggering list of legends, including Elvis Presley (who called him the "best engineer anywhere as far as I'm concerned"), Duke Ellington, Johnny Cash, Henry Mancini and Dolly Parton.   Mega Records President Brad McCuen, left, and producer Jim Malloy flank singer Sammi Smith at a party June 28, 1971, in her honor on the side wheeler Belle Carol. The party was held to commemorate Smith's smash hit recording of Kris Kristofferson's "Help Me Make It Through the Night." Kristofferson, touring the Northeast, sent a dozen yellow roses. 

He won a Grammy Award in 1964 for engineering Mancini's "Charade" and was nominated for five more Grammys that decade for his work on Presley's "How Great Thou Art," Eddy Arnold's "The Last Word in Lonesome is Me," "The Latin Sound of Henry Mancini," "Pink Panther" and "The Addams Family Main Theme." 

SC

Stepbrother to Elvis Presley Rick Stanley has died.

George Klein, longtime friend of Elvis Presley and respected DJ in his own right, dead according to Twitter. He was recently mentioned in the press for “needing prayers”...

The 43th anniversary of his death. He's now longer dead than he ever was alive.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

The 43th anniversary of his death. He's now longer dead than he ever was alive.

Good so can we let this rest next year then?

Stan Kesler, American musician who wrote some of Elvis’ early material, has died aged 92. He also played bass on Jerry Lee Lewis’ Great Balls of Fire.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Stan Kesler, American musician who wrote some of Elvis’ early material, has died aged 92. He also played bass on Jerry Lee Lewis’ Great Balls of Fire.

"Great Balls of Fire"

there are things one should not do with Tabasco sauce

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

When there is nothing else going on in the world worth writing about. Elvis Presley wild conspiracies as fans bizarrely convinced he faked his death (msn.com)

Wiki has a brief write up on Elvis sightings - including his fleeting appearance in the first Home Alone movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sightings_of_Elvis_Presley