Lady Die

Elvis Presley

THIS SITE IS GAY

No, emmy. No matter how emphatic you try to be, I'm pretty sure there are heterosexual members on this site as well.

Sorry... Perhaps you might enjoy this site.

Good luck!

• Like 1

The Beatles have been named the icon of the century.  and Mickey Mouse beat Elvis.

Ho hum

Whilst reading the responses to this article I couldn't help but wonder if they were written primarily by DLers. Not only because of the high % of Scots, but also because of comments such as

These so-called polls are a joke and far removed from reality.

Jack, Scotland

and

The Rolling Stones should be in the top 10. They look like they're 100 years old.

Stanley, San Francisco, USA

and

Rather than using these old pre-defined surveys where the list is picked by a committee of old farts, they should go and ask the people!

Ray Powell, Victoria, Canada

not to mention a few posts which reminded me of our irate ranters:

This list represents nothing important in the real world. It's just another distraction and waste of time and energy. There were many influential people in the 20th Century and to try to rank them in order of importance in irrational and demeaning to say it nicely.

Rob, Oakham, Massachusetts - USA

Is there something going on that I don't know about? :(

Is there something going on that I don't know about? :(

Undoubtedly there is, but credit your DL colleagues with some intelligence, please.

(OK, we are completely guttered a lot of the time but nonetheless, you do us a disservice Madam.)

THIS SITE IS GAY

No, emmy. No matter how emphatic you try to be, I'm pretty sure there are heterosexual members on this site as well.

Sorry... Perhaps you might enjoy this site.

Good luck!

I'm heterosexual.

But I did enjoy my brief visit to GLUG and I brought back a souvenir which I thought might make an unususal avatar for someone.

spottyfish1be.jpg Any suggestions/takers? :(

Or this one,

jellyfish6zf.jpg perhaps with a face "ghosted" on to it. jellyfishmerkel5ck.gif:(

Edited by Captain Oates

Is there something going on that I don't know about? :lol:

Undoubtedly there is, but credit your DL colleagues with some intelligence, please.

(OK, we are completely guttered a lot of the time but nonetheless, you do us a disservice Madam.)

[grovel]Soz notapotato, wasn't trying to cause offense! Just thought some of the comments sounded a bit DL-like and then thought that maybe the troops had once again galvanised as per the Royal Forum site.

And I didn't think a lot of the responses lacked intelligence, so I'm not sure what point you're making there, but again I do apologise most profusely. Unless, of course, I'm once again missing something?... I'm not always the most cleverest clog in the... um... (what are clogs usually in?)[/grovel]

Guest Guest_christina-
Franzl Lang is regarded as The King of Yodelling.

If I were to describe him as having limited talent, you, who may happen to really love the singing of alpine herdsmen, would wholeheardtly disagree.

This does not necessarily mean that I have really shitty taste in music, it just means I have different tastes to you. It does not give you the right to accuse me, or anyone else that happens to think differently to you, of having really shitty opinions. How arrogant of you to think that it does.

Neither does this give you the right to declare that someone is an attention whore. Although quite what being paid for sex has to do with seeking to be the centre of attention is beyond me. And why you would think to describe someone who doesn't like a particular kind of music this, is way is beyond me. Again, you must be a particularly narrow-minded and arrogant person to think this way.

I pity you and those around you if you behave like this out in the real world.

OH YEAH

well you seem to enjoy coming on to the

deathlist forum,, on posting real opinions

I just come here to makei fun of it and make

fun of the people posting real opinions ,

BTW

i actually real ylike Franzl Lang..!!

So up yours && in the real world were NOT geeks who go on a FORUM

dedicated to the dead thhats what cemeatrys are for!!

KAYTHANKSBYEFGTS

If I were to describe him as having limited talent, you, who may happen to really love the singing of alpine herdsmen, would wholeheardtly disagree.

This does not necessarily mean that I have really shitty taste in music, it just means I have different tastes to you. It does not give you the right to accuse me, or anyone else that happens to think differently to you, of having really shitty opinions. How arrogant of you to think that it does.

Neither does this give you the right to declare that someone is an attention whore. Although quite what being paid for sex has to do with seeking to be the centre of attention is beyond me. And why you would think to describe someone who doesn't like a particular kind of music this, is way is beyond me. Again, you must be a particularly narrow-minded and arrogant person to think this way.

OH YEAH

BTW

KAYTHANKSBYEFGTS

Well thats her membership out the window. :P

KAYTHANKSBYEFGTS

What :huh: ?

• Like 1

OH YEAH

BTW

KAYTHANKSBYEFGTS

christina,

I really pity you if that is the best rebuttal you can come up with.

Regards,

ff

Guest -christina,FGTS

thanks for that one FOOTBALL FAN ill try and improve my Rebuttles

.. REAGARDS To you to

FGTS = FAGGOts

P.S.

- and i don't have a membership KAYTHANKS

FGTS =   FAGGOts

Oh faggots. Dirty.

Mr. Brain's?

I quite enjoy a nice faggot.

Bugger. I should have said 'Thanks a bundle.' I confused my sods and my faggots again.

That is a tasty recipe if you really enjoy eating liver! :lol:

According to Forbes magazine Elvis is the top earning dead celeb for the 5th year running.

If you view the lists for the past 5 years, it's not surprising that pretty much all the same names appear.

Elvis Presley? Dead, you say? Pull the other one. Someone had better call Forbes Magazine and let them know there's a fraud afoot.

T0_-1_872674.JPG

Elvis is alive and well. He lives in Britain under the alias Aaron Fanelli. He runs my local kebab shop. Here's a photo I took of him recently whilst he was describing how "finger-lickin' good" his new Spicy Chicken Doner Strips are.

As the snow flies/

On a cold and grey Chicago morning a poor little baby child is born/

In the ghetto/

And his mother cries/

'Cos if there's one thing that she don't need it's another hungry mouth to feed/

In the ghetto/

"Don't you worry yo' pretty little head 'bout nuthin, darlin', I can get yo' kiddy fed." says Aaron, "At £3.50 per portion (chilli sauce or mayo included) they go down a treat and can't be beat, and that's as good as money, honey, and you can take that to the bank, Frank, uh-huh-huh! Thankyou very much, and God bless y'all, and goodnight."

Guest Himler

Elvis Lives,

So does Adolf,

Adolf runs a Kosher Kebab shop in South London :lol:

Guest Himler
I did not particularly care for most of Mr. Presley's music although I do still have the ever popular early (very early) '70s classic Burning Love on a 45rpm record. Always felt sad for his daughter Lisa Marie who was so young at the time her father died.

Yup those final lines describe me

I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love!

Visit the lyrics here:Burning Love

I had several erections aroused by Prisilla Presley in Dallas

(if that helps?) :lol:

I'm glad someone mentioned yodeling.

Now I can post this.

Sorry it's in German but that shouldn't spoil anyone's enjoyment of the audio samples.

Brilliant, shame she got cut off in her prime during the Lone Ranger bit. We could do with a yodeller on the death list.

• Like 1

They's loads on the English site, some going really cheap second hand. Go to music and type in 'Yodel' or 'Yodelling' for more wall to wall paint peeling aural torture than you can hope to handle.

Guest Guest
Check out this opinion from scaruffi.com:

"Elvis Presley was the first great swindle of rock'n'roll, and the prototype for the ones that would follow. Equipped him with a masterful rhythm section (Bill Black on bass and Scotty Moore on guitar), he was marketed as the juvenile delinquent that he was not. In segregated America, Presley became the ultimate white robber of black hits: Arthur Crudup's That's All Right Mama (1954), Roy Brown's Good Rockin' Tonight (1955), Junior Parker's Mystery Train (1955). He began to move towards "whiter" material with Carl Perkins' Blue Suede Shoes (1956), with Shorty Long on piano, Mae Axton's Heartbreak Hotel (1956), perhaps his vocal masterpiece, Leiber & Stoller's Hound Dog (1956), but his black soul still emerged in Otis Blackwell's diptych Don't Be Cruel (1956), his greatest hit, and All Shook Up (1957). Leiber & Stoller's Jailhouse Rock (1958), finally an irreverent boogie, was his swan song. Presley the rocker died there: he went on to croon and shout operatic melodies such as old Italian songs, and to specialize in seduction numbers such as Love Me Tender (1956, stolen from the soundtrack of "Rancho Notorious"), and Hugo (Peretti) & Luigi (Creatore)'s Can't Help Falling In Love (1961, a rewrite of Giovanni Martini's Plaisir d'Amour). "

You should read what he says about the Beatles!

why is elvis the whit robber of black hits when he could sing them just as good, thanks to the way elvis sang them they were recognised more, he didn't disrespect the people who sang the songs before him, he admired them, he had a lot of songs given to him by singers who had no luck with them,like mac davis's dont cry daddy, most black americans would disagree with you, like james brown and other greats, give elvis credit where it's due, he became famouse because he was good and had a god given talent that no one else in history will ever have, not even come close to, he is artist of the century for a reason, and most all artists will agree, if he sang other songs that people sang and made the song his own, then that's just his talent, it's not easy to sing other peoples songs and make them your own, but he did, the idea of singing covers of other peoples songs is to keep them alive so the next generation can hear them, like al jolsons are you lonesome tonight, a song he liked and i heard his mother liked, carl perkins loved elvis's cover of blue suede shoes and was glad it went somewhere for elvis, there's nothing wrong with artists doing other artists cover, at least we will get to hear them as years go by, why keep them hidden when other artists can make new generations listen to songs that were way before there time, nothing wrong with elvis