Guest jeffonthego

Osama Bin Laden

Another stark warning that will doubtless shake up the French. Always assuming there's anyone in that country with the technology to play a C60 cassette.

Abdul Ghani, a man with Osama's mobile number - maybe - is no more. Of course, whether this is genuine news, or just a spin to counteract that massive prison breakout yesterday, is open to debate.

He's apparently dead, according to CNN and possibly Obama in a upcoming speech here.

BBC reporting it on BBCnews24 too.

He's apparently dead, according to CNN and possibly Obama in a upcoming speech here.

It's a truly historic day..wonder what Al Quaadass reactiojn will be-rumours they have a nuclear bomb ready to go off at th is news -we're about to find out!

It's a truly historic day..wonder what Al Quaadass reactiojn will be-rumours they have a nuclear bomb ready to go off at th is news -we're about to find out!

Yes, it is being reported in Australia now, too:

BIN LADEN DEAD?

Updated 14 minutes ago

Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in 1998

There are media reports that the United States has the body of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

President Barack Obama is schedule to issue a statement at a press conference shortly.

Al Jazeera is reporting that Afghan officials have confirmed bin Laden is dead and that US authorities have his body.

Other news agencies are reporting that he was killed by a US strike in Afghanistan.

Bin Laden is the world's most wanted terrorist and was believed to be responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks on the US.

More soon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/02/3205331.htm

Until I get legit confirmation of this, I'm not crossing him off of my signature, yet.

Why was he not on the DL ?

That would of been a great hit

Until I get legit confirmation of this, I'm not crossing him off of my signature, yet.

Confirmed by Barak Obama

He was killed in Pakistan,not Afghanistan. I think most people knew he was there

as a matetr of interest was he ever on the list?

Just finished listening to the President's speech. He gave credit to the US Military and also to the counter-terrorists in Pakistan. Apparently, a plan began to come together in August when intelligence reports confirmed Osama's location in Pakistan.

Tomorrow Donald Trump will demand to see the death certificate. Sarah Palin will demand to see the body.

as a matetr of interest was he ever on the list?

He was, in 2002. He was described as 'Arsenal Supporter'. :lol:

According to the president’s official statement, Osama bin Laden was shot and killed during an “targeted assault” by a small team of US operatives on his compound in Abbottabad, a Pakistani city known for being a major tourism hub. US officials believe bin Laden’s adult son and two others were also killed in the assault; no Americans were harmed.

The operation was approved last week after several months of intelligence gathering showed a tip received last November was credible.

The whereabouts of bin Laden’s number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri, remain unknown at this time.

Statement from GW Bush

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/...l#ixzz1LACy9Drj

Statement from Bill Clinton

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/politi...l#ixzz1LAE90l1G

So it is confirmed one bunch of war-mongering thugs have killed someone from the other bunch of war-mongering thugs. No doubt now there will be a spate of suicide bombings in reply and so it goes on and on and on. As a few people have already noted, the US has just succeeded in creating a new martyr figure for Islamic extremists to rally around. Congratulations, morons.

Well, well!

Well done USA.

Was very long winded job to finally get him.

Very mixed reaction to the news here, as you would expect:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05...31.htm#comments

Article with a photo of dead Osama, I was going to post it but a weak stomach prevented me from doing so. :lol:

Also the article says that they also killed one of his sons.

Are we sure he didn't just top himself as he, like Blair, wasn't invited to his family friends' big do last Friday?

In fact it is a shame they didn't pull it off on Friday, that would have dispersed the media circus and given a bit more viewing choice.

Eight years to the day that George Bush did his "Mission Accomplished" speech in Iraq, fact fans.

News reports making it obvious that he was living just down the road from Pakistan's equivalent of Sandhurst or West Point. NOT what the well-informed commentators thought and laugh out loud funny in a hugely ironic way.

He's been buried at sea, apparently.

News reports making it obvious that he was living just down the road from Pakistan's equivalent of Sandhurst or West Point. NOT what the well-informed commentators thought and laugh out loud funny in a hugely ironic way.

He's been buried at sea, apparently.

As should the Pakistan Defence minister...

I wonder if Osama bin Laden was killed after his personal info was leaked in the PlayStation Network security breach.

Just been announced Elton John Is Going to perform at Bin Ladens Funeral " Sandals in the Bin" Gonna be a hit!!!

Just been announced Elton John Is Going to perform at Bin Ladens Funeral " Sandals in the Bin" Gonna be a hit!!!

That's an insult to the memory of Mother Teresa. He should at least have taken the trouble to write something new.