Guest jeffonthego

Osama Bin Laden

Guest jeffonthego

I'm surprised Osama bin Laden wasn't on this year's deathlist.

While he's proven pretty resilient since getting more than he bargained for post-911, I'd say with a US election in November, there's a good chance the Americans will manage to blow up whatever mountain hole Osama is squirreled away in.

And in the end, that's probably good news for him, what with all those virgins waiting for him in the afterlife . . .

Hi there Jeff

Not unless cyberdyme can get their latest killer cyborg-soliders back in time. "Have you seen this boy?" I have a contact at Skynet who reckons that they are a good few years away from anything like this and I guess the committee probably heard similar chatter on the wires.

As for the Americans blowing up the right hole, I think that the odds are they will be blowing up the wrong hole, most probably in the wrong country. Could be handy if they hit another axis of evil; it could generate some positive PR too.

So for me at least, it's not quite Hasta la vista and more like "I'll be back" on OBL.

• Like 1

Well, if the Americans blow up enough holes, they might - eventually - get the right one. They just gotta keep plugging away at as many holes as they can find - and they do. Seemingly. And without too much thought as to whether it might be the right hole or not. Or who else is in it.

As the saying goes .. if you're in a hole, stop digging.

And of course, the death has to be verifiable. Given the number of times we heard that Saddam was probably dead through 'surgical' strikes, I don't think we can simply accept it when a US general stands up and says 'He was in that hole, but we blew it up so much we'll never be able to retrieve the body'!!

It didn't work when they tried to explain where the weapons of mass destruction were - I don't think it will work with Osama.

I was shocked to see that Bin Lard-ass did not appear on the Death list. Here at work where we run our own Death Pool, the cave dwelling irritant ranks only behind Pope John Paul and Marlon Brando. :lol:

Hi Holy Joe,

We have already had a little discussion re Bin Laden, albeit a while back..

Bin Laden thread

However, I have it on good authority that he no longer lives in a cave. He now resides with Ma><ine Carr somewhere in Leeds, London or Whitby. His reasoning is that should any vigilantes come calling, they will aim for her, and allow him time to make his escape...

Ahh thanks for that. It's hard as a newcomer to know whats gone before (no one likes to waste time on research...you just wanna get on with it).

Speaking as an analyst and researcher, I can confirm that nobody likes to waste time on research :lol:

Wise words indeed. In the making of modern music many a manual has been thrown casually to floor in the desperate desire to see what the new bit of kit can do.

Bin Laden should not be on the list since the f****r is stone f****n dead. Has been since the Yanks totalled Tora Bora. A) the guy needed f*****g dialysis and I guess dragging one of those machines round the Afghan hills gets to be a bit of a drag; also - :( why no more happy-snap home video messages to the f******s and losers who think he's anything but a psycho? Maybe technical problems?

"Hey Ahmed, what's the matter with the vid?"

"Sorry, Oh Great Osama, the f*****g battery's flat"

"Here's a tenner - nip down to Islamabad and get a new one...Oh and 20 B&H and a bottle of Bacardi while you're there"

Incidentally, the day after 9/11, some bloke at the MOD Googled "Bin Laden" and got an article from the Belfast Telegraph about a "wheelie-bin laden with explosives....". Nice.

I find it interesting that VileBody feels the need to spell f****r (presumably) as f****r, but the words f****n and fuckwits in full. I could be wrong though, perhaps the *s are automatically generated using Mr. Alive's built-in smut filter.

I think I shall conduct a scientific test.

The following expletives are spelt out in full:

f*****g

f****r

f****n

f*****t

bollocks

tits

knob

bugger

Now lets see how we got on ...

DWB :(

Excellent test, I see that fugger and fugging are starred-out but others side-step the smut filters. I think you need an upgrade Mr. Alive!

DWB :(

Fookin' hell.

I think the German Olympic hockey team had a Kuntz playing for them. One piece of commentary went something like: "The Germans are in trouble here... Kuntz can't clear it!" which I thought was somewhat rude!

Ah yes.... the days of Euro 96 when Kuntz tried to go for the ball that had Seaman all over it........

:)

Hey, they've changed the headline of that Sky Sports article. It did read "Fuchs Wants Kuntz Talks", but someone's toned it down.

But still not as good as the Daily Mirror's effort when a certain doddery former Labour leader was elected chairman of a committee looking into nuclear disarmament: "Foot Heads Arms Body".

"Foot Heads Arms Body"

- Hands Talks To[e]s Heir - Can't Be Arsed.

With Bare Cheek, Fingers Kinnock[ers] for Job.

No Legs or Stomach for Greasing Palms.

Heart Not In It.

'Ear, ear. Did Eye get away with that by the Skin of my Teeth ?

Will Eye Live[r] another day ?

Guest Myst
'Ear, ear. Did Eye get away with that by the Skin of my Teeth ?

Will Eye Live[r] another day ?

No(se) you did not.

Knee-d more effort.

Ah yes.... the days of Euro 96 when Kuntz tried to go for the ball that had Seaman all over it...

Chortle.

My favourite commentator quote of all time has to be "The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey."

Lot's more commentator gaffs here if you're looking to kill a couple of minutes.

Ah yes.... the days of Euro 96 when Kuntz tried to go for the ball that had Seaman all over it...

Chortle.

My favourite commentator quote of all time has to be "The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey."

Lot's more commentator gaffs here if you're looking to kill a couple of minutes.

I killed a few minutes. Most entertaining. Especially the snatch event.

I wouldn't be so quick to say hasta la vista to that jerk bin laden. he's about as dead as saddam is. For someone who claimed that he'd die for his cause, the old bastard :referee: is very good at hiding under his rocks.We haven't seen or heard the last from that peice of trash. :rip:

As far as bombing all over there, we can't do that because that would place us at his level. He doesn't care about murdering innocent people....we do. ;)

As far as bombing all over there, we can't do that because that would place us at his level. He doesn't care about murdering innocent people....we do. :referee:

Is it safe to assume then that you are French, German or Italian, cos that last comment doesn't sound like it could have come from an American or British person :rip:

Is it safe to assume then that you are French, German or Italian

I beg to differ on the Italians - they are just as culpable as the "liberators" of the US and UK.......