Guest jeffonthego

Osama Bin Laden

Someone remind me again of the name of the country which randomly dropped 240,000 tons of bombs on Cambodia, killing half a million people?

Destabilising a peaceful nation and leading to the rise to power of Pol Pot and the subsequent murder of 100,000's of men, women and children.

Hey Hey USA!

How many people have your Foreign Policies killed today?

And no I don't know the answer but I do know that nuking Iraq (or wherever else) will lead eventually to more atrocities on our doorsteps.

I disagree. We aren't Japan, this is the United States. They step off our f****n porch once we bomb them, because in the end we are better. War is horrible, i'm against the draft, and those who are involved enlist. Sometimes it is the only conclution, to stop those who have no remorse in there bodies. We will have the last word.

This terrorism is not our fault, we didn't cause it," ... "It's not the consequence of foreign policy.......

Bearing in mind that Mr. Blair talks a load of utter crap all the time, Banshees, which thoughts enter your mind as you read the preceding quotation?

Tony Blair doesn't f****n live in New York, who cares what he says. I hate to say it, but you can't let people from other countries hijack planes and crash them into buildings with thousands of people. This means war. The next time we are struck with terrorism this will mean nuclear war. Wipe those foreign mother f***kers off the face of the earth. And for those who don't like us, it will be an influence, it will set an example.

Neither Blair, nor I nor most of us here live in New York. But we do recall that when the IRA were blowing up our cities their biggest source of income came from collections and parades in good old NYC. It took 9/11 to wake the USA up to what terrorism really means.

I fully appreciate how angry acts such as the Twin Towers and Omagh (and Omaha) can make us. There are times I'd love to have seen Gerry Adams have his head chopped off but that's a visceral not a rational reaction. Ultimately terrorism works because not only is it not susceptible to conventional war, it actually thrives and grows because of it. And no I don't know the answer but I do know that nuking Iraq (or wherever else) will lead eventually to more atrocities on our doorsteps.

Well said Sir!

You'd have thought the UK could have learned something from the way the regular attempts to subdue our most consistently rebellious colony - Ireland - simply fed endless uprisings and festering hatred. For that matter, it's amazing that a nation like the USA that celebrates some Irish ancestry with pride doesn't also see the folly of using massive force to crush pockets of uprising. Especially since a the great-great grandparents of some of those making the decisions now must have lived in Ireland and been involved, at least covertly, in the rebellions against the major power occupying them at that time.

They step off our f****n porch once we bomb them, because in the end we are better. War is horrible, i'm against the draft, and those who are involved enlist. Sometimes it is the only conclution, to stop those who have no remorse in there bodies. We will have the last word.

Looks like Banshees may well be George W. Bush. It's all making sense now.

It explains Banshees stupidity as well as explaining the current state of the world.

And no I don't know the answer but I do know that nuking Iraq (or wherever else) will lead eventually to more atrocities on our doorsteps.

I disagree. We aren't Japan, this is the United States. They step off our f****n porch once we bomb them, because in the end we are better. War is horrible, i'm against the draft, and those who are involved enlist. Sometimes it is the only conclution, to stop those who have no remorse in there bodies. We will have the last word.

Or die trying?

Looks like Banshees may well be George W. Bush. It's all making sense now.

It explains Banshees stupidity as well as explaining the current state of the world.

Sitting back and not doing anything about it is the answer then Windsor? Let thousands of people die, and let them attack again and again. Just cry for peace. We all wish the world could be like that, but it isn't. I hope that makes sense to you.

Or die trying?

With the strongest military in the world? I don't think so.

With an army that strong you'll soon suppress a fith division nation like Iraq then and you'll hardly lose a soldier. Oh and you'll flush out Osama in a jiffy, won't you. What the hell did you learn from Vietnam? And while your military is chasing mosquitos in the middle east are those neurotoxins I smell in the subway?

Or die trying?

With an army that strong you'll soon suppress a fith division nation like Iraq then and you'll hardly lose a soldier. Oh and you'll flush out Osama in a jiffy, won't you. What the hell did you learn from Vietnam? And while your military is chasing mosquitos in the middle east are those neurotoxins I smell in the subway?

I see what your trying to compare, but this isn't Vietnam. They showed up at are front door, and it was done in one of the most horrific ways possible. America walked into Vietnam, I guess at that time there was very little consideration of the consequences. You just might be right when you say, destruction can be done when you aren't keeping an eye, but unlike Vietnam we were attacked and for this I don't see much of a choice besides retaliating.

Or die trying?

I see what your trying to compare, but this isn't Vietnam. They showed up at are front door, and it was done in one of the most horrific ways possible. America walked into Vietnam, I guess at that time there was very little consideration of the consequences. You just might be right when you say, destruction can be done when you aren't keeping an eye, but unlike Vietnam we were attacked and for this I don't see much of a choice besides retaliating.

Its frustrating BS but with terrorism you can be powerful but powerless. Retaliation feels right but who is the target and where are they? I sympathise but sooner or later your people will have to speak to theirs (or someone close to them). And I suspect that a few wounds are going to have to heal first.

Or die trying?

But why is the USA attacking Iraq? It makes about as much sense as Great Britain launching a missile attack on Boston after the Birmingham pub bombing in 1974.

Its frustrating BS but with terrorism you can be powerful but powerless. Retaliation feels right but who is the target and where are they? I sympathise but sooner or later your people will have to speak to theirs (or someone close to them). And I suspect that a few wounds are going to have to heal first.

In a previous post I said this -

The next time we are struck with terrorism this will mean nuclear war

If such an attack as 9\11 happens again then it gets serious. The way everything stands right now I don't think there should be a war. The only concern should be preventing acts like this from ever happening again. And if one day another attack is attempted, not only will we be prepared, they will fail.

In a previous post I said this -

The next time we are struck with terrorism this will mean nuclear war

If such an attack as 9\11 happens again then it gets serious. The way everything stands right now I don't think there should be a war. The only concern should be preventing acts like this from ever happening again. And if one day another attack is attempted, not only will we be prepared, they will fail.

I hope so.

Surely the corpse would be a might more useful. :D

I wouldn't kill him, I'd dress him in a fluffy yellow chick costume and make him perform to the Birdie Song on prime time TV.

Possibly followed by Agadoo with all the correct actions, that should nicely destroy his credibility.

TF- You obviously haven't checked all the rules for how we can treat terrorists. We musn't do anything to embarrass him. All of this points to the big problem of picking someone like Osama. He could very well die without a verifiable corpse.

Somehow I have trouble following what you are saying, since Osama would be very easy to identify, since he is known to be at a very large height, and the beard probably relates to his religion. Like a true hipi, the basterd wouldn't cut it if you paid him, and since most of his eleven or however number of wives he has, are about nine years old, he would stand out better then a man dressed as a woman. Your wrong Deadsox, I would certainly want to embarrass the sh*t out of him, just as I would want to embarrass all the towel heads who think he is a hero, hell I would air his death on pay per view.

BS-My coment about not wanting to embarrass him was a slap at some American liberals who don't realize (or care) that we're engaged in a war. You may not get a verifiable corpse because a) he might be in very small pieces and b)his minions would hide the fact that he's dead if they can to keep his legend alive. Just my opinion of course. We have a team in my Death League that's picked him every year since 9/11 and come up empty. There are better picks.

There must be a Bin Laden thread somewhere on the DL, but I never really figured out the "search" function, and at the moment it's giving an error message that said something about flooding.

Anyway, five and a half years on, and just shy of his 50th birthday, is the US finally getting serious about catching killing Osama?

Happy 50th Old Boy

Cowboy Ronnie - surely as a Mod you know how to seach by now?

There must be a Bin Laden thread somewhere on the DL, but I never really figured out the "search" function, and at the moment it's giving an error message that said something about flooding.

Anyway, five and a half years on, and just shy of his 50th birthday, is the US finally getting serious about catching killing Osama?

Happy 50th Old Boy

I'm confused... why are they going to the Afghan / Pakistan border area... we all know Osama is in Iraq with all those other fundamentalists that profited under the secular regime of Saddam Hussain... otherwise why did we invade there at all

Or have I missed something?

Oh well back to my bunker protecting democracy in 2 square miles of the green zone in Baghdad

Happy 50th Old Boy

I'm confused... why are they going to the Afghan / Pakistan border area... we all know Osama is in Iraq with all those other fundamentalists that profited under the secular regime of Saddam Hussain... otherwise why did we invade there at all

Or have I missed something?

Oh well back to my bunker protecting democracy in 2 square miles of the green zone in Baghdad

Do they think if Bin Laden's effectively martyred this will all go away? Bin Laden doesn't have that much clout, even the "troops" you see him surrounded by on media releases are allegedly guns for hire types. I'd like to think of him as a rather screwed up Gandalf or should that be Saruman?

I'm confused... why are they going to the Afghan / Pakistan border area... we all know Osama is in Iraq with all those other fundamentalists that profited under the secular regime of Saddam Hussain... otherwise why did we invade there at all. Or have I missed something?

According to President Musharraf, bin Laden is constantly flitting to & from the Afghan/Pakistan border in South-East Afghanistan, not far away from old mucker Mullah Omar, also in Afghanistan.

FWIW, I fully believe Musharraf. If bin Laden strays too far into Pakistan, they've got him. As it is, bin Laden knows he's safe in Afghanistan as the US daren't try & get him & the Afghans don't seem bothered. Therefore it's easier for the Americans to blame the Pakistanis for "Not trying."

Musharraf's book that came out recently makes fascinating reading on the Al-Qaeda/Pakiastani terrorist cells.

The Americans seem to want to "finish off" in Iraq (whatever that entails) before having a go at Osama. Of course, if Pakistan DOES get there first, expect the Americans to still take the credit for it. If they sent a little more military EQUIPMENT and not personnel, it would help track OBL & MO a lot quicker.

Just my take on it. Don't really want to get into a political debate about America/Asia etc.

Happy birhtday, mr. Bin laden. 50 today, if he's alive that is...

Bin Laden seeing Abraham today.

Happy 50th birthday! :P

New video on the way. Might be a corker, like maybe a small army of Taleban recreating the choreography from Michael Jackson's Thriller.

New video on the way. Might be a corker, like maybe a small army of Taleban recreating the choreography from Michael Jackson's Thriller.

They claimed it was "breaking news" on CNN, hardly unexpected as it's almost Sept 11th

They claimed it was "breaking news" on CNN, hardly unexpected as it's almost Sept 11th

Well it would be if it really was a thriller. I swear I've seen most of them on TV.