Guest deathmeister

Charlie Drake.

Guest Geezer

Charlie Drake casual worker from Weybridge Surrey (not Weighbridge as some think) lived for many years around the corner from me in Ham Court which is by the Thames. I wondered what happened to him but now gather that he is still with us and living in Crystal Palace, South East London. I last saw him during the filming of Mr Ten Percent (which was never released as far as I recall) on location at the Golders Green Hippodrome. Most of us sat in the managers office watching England beat Germany in the World Cup. Seems like yesterday!!

Guest armanleg

Hey all u hedonistic drongos, Charlie drake was a comedy genius, take your heads outta your rear ends and speak to the hand. :blink:

Hey all u hedonistic drongos, Charlie drake was a comedy genius, take your heads outta your rear ends and speak to the hand. :blink:

Stupid bastard.

Hi,

Just seen the thing about the sweet shop on Monument Hill and Charlie Drake.

Well, I was about 9 or 10 (in 1961-2) and scuffling about on the floor in the sweet shop on the Quadrant (next to Luxfords) getting at the kids sweets kept down there. I was crawling between some short man's legs. I realised from his voice who it was.

One of my few claims to fame!

Does anyone have enough legal knowledge to tell me- does this mean we can now say as a point of fact that Charlie Drake likes having children's heads between his legs?

I wouldn't swear by the following but:

Legally speaking you're on very dodgy ground as there's no evidence CD sought or enjoyed the experience.

The smattering of good news for you is in his health and reputation. Anyone fighting his legal corner would have to prove he had any reputation left to lose - possible since you're defaming his character and therefore possibly limiting the value of his existing work - but still not a given, legally speaking. Useful precedents on their side would be the plummeting value of the work of Gary Glitter and Jonathan King over the last few years.

Also, there would be some pressure on his side - legally speaking - to show he supported the action and it would therefore be incumbent on his legal team to gather evidence that he understood any court proceedings. Incidentally, Charlie would be under no obligation to take the stand himself once said evidence was produced.

I wouldn't swear by the following but:

Legally speaking you're on very dodgy ground as there's no evidence CD sought or enjoyed the experience.

The smattering of good news for you is in his health and reputation. Anyone fighting his legal corner would have to prove he had any reputation left to lose - possible since you're defaming his character and therefore possibly limiting the value of his existing work - but still not a given, legally speaking. Useful precedents on their side would be the plummeting value of the work of Gary Glitter and Jonathan King over the last few years.

Also, there would be some pressure on his side - legally speaking - to show he supported the action and it would therefore be incumbent on his legal team to gather evidence that he understood any court proceedings. Incidentally, Charlie would be under no obligation to take the stand himself once said evidence was produced.

I take your point. We would obviously not wish to imply that CD enjoyed the experience. Nor did I or anyone else suggest a sexual agenda on his part.I think a better question would therefore be- Could we use this testimony to suggest that the erstwhile Barron Hardon has simply spent time with children's heads between his legs.

Or more simply that a child has had his head between the legs of the man once known as Percy Pointer?

I take your point. We would obviously not wish to imply that CD enjoyed the experience. Nor did I or anyone else suggest a sexual agenda on his part.I think a better question would therefore be- Could we use this testimony to suggest that the erstwhile Barron Hardon has simply spent time with children's heads between his legs.

Or more simply that a child has had his head between the legs of the man once known as Percy Pointer?

Ooh, now this is gonna call for some hard thinking and a complicated answer......

got it: the answer is 'Yes.'

So long as you stick to identifying and presenting verifiable information you're on solid ground.

I can't think of Charlie Drake without being reminded of Mickey Rooney. MR is still working so he could be a good candidate for a "Tommy", as in died on stage.

Guest Guest

Drake is semi retired having suffered a massive stroke ;) some years back.

"hello my darlings"

his last few Tv appearances where all in serious roles.

Drake is semi retired having suffered a massive stroke :sicktherm: some years back.

"hello my darlings"

his last few Tv appearances where all in serious roles.

Yes. I remember seeing him in a Beckett play on the t.v. a few years back. He did not at that time have the head of a sugar crazed child between his legs. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Yes. I remember seeing him in a Beckett play on the t.v. a few years back. He did not at that time have the head of a sugar crazed child between his legs. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

That could have been "Waiting for Paedo."

"Waiting for Paedo."

I remember when I wrote that one. Took it to the agent, wandered outside afterwards - dunno what happened after that but I woke up the following day in a police cell with bruises everywhere.

"Waiting for Paedo."

I remember when I wrote that one. Took it to the agent, wandered outside afterwards - dunno what happened after that but I woke up the following day in a police cell with bruises everywhere.

Valdimir enters stage left with the head of a child betwen his legs.

"We are cursed to wait-to wait for Peado"

Further to some of the tasteless postings above you should be aware that Charlie recently suffered a stroke which has left him blind and he is now in Brinsworth House, a home especially for retired show business people.

What a sad little forum this is, delighting in the demise of people with more talent than any of you will ever have.

I think its unfair to say that people are 'delighting' at the illness or imminent demise of the celebrities talked about.They may in face be quite concernecd about their welfare and are naturally and legitimately curious to know how they are doing ,especially if they havent been seen in public for many years.Sure there are some people who celebrate when someone dies,but I think it tends to be a minority.I think it sperfectly natural to be curious about whetehr people you once knew are alive or dead,and how theyre doing.

What does "Hello my darlings" in braille look like?

It looks very much like an elderly and moist eyed gentleman who despite a lifetime spent applying himself to all-round family entertainment has spent no time with the cranial region of a child resting in his lap.

I think the title of this film poster will reflect that comforting fact

crks.jpg

Guest bill taylor
Remember that little annoying guy from the 60's ( and 70's) Charlie Drake? Has he ran out of breath yet or is he still going?

yes he is still going check out imdb

Guest Pugwash

I thought everyone knew that Charlie Drake many years ago transformed himself into a pop singer named Mick Hucknall and has ever since been fronting up the group Simply Red. Just look at a photo of Charlie and one of Mick and you will see instantly that they are one and same. My understanding is that Mick is about to acknowledge the deception and re-record his old classics "Please Mister Custer" and "My Boomerang Won't Come Back".

I thought everyone knew that Charlie Drake many years ago transformed himself into a pop singer named Mick Hucknall and has ever since been fronting up the group Simply Red. Just look at a photo of Charlie and one of Mick and you will see instantly that they are one and same. My understanding is that Mick is about to acknowledge the deception and re-record his old classics "Please Mister Custer" and "My Boomerang Won't Come Back".

Doubtless in a falsetto assisted by (definetly not) having the head of a sugar crazed, candy hunting child between his legs.

just started e mailing to his nephew who I'd lost contact with for a few years....

I wouldn't put him down as a gooner just yet.....

yes...good point...spotted the spelling mistake there.....

I don't suppose it was really...but as far as I'm aware, Charlie was never an Arsenal fan . His nephew was a Man Utd supporter....but that doesn't really mean anything....all in all , I dont think the family was that keen on football

anyway....he might not be in the best of health...but no obit. this year ....