Guest deathmeister

Charlie Drake.

We haven't touched him !

Eh ?

Guest Mr G

Further to some of the tasteless postings above you should be aware that Charlie recently suffered a stroke which has left him blind and he is now in Brinsworth House, a home especially for retired show business people.

What a sad little forum this is, delighting in the demise of people with more talent than any of you will ever have.

Oh dear, Mr G...you seem to think some of these so called celebs are talented ?...there are amoeba on distant planets with more talent than them !...try not to get too upset by this..

Richard O'Sullivan......... Talent ........ in the same sentence...... surely not? :)

Guest Guest_mike

He is deinately alive. His birthday was yesterday, Oct 6, (Not that that makes him alive.) He is still doing radio.

Guest Tim

Just to make you all aware charlie drake is still alive and kicking he has his 6 bottles of whiskey taken to him by his brother every other weekend he is in a actors old peoples home what a very nice man and his brother lives in swanage dorset also his sister live in the same town so from the great man himself hello my darlings

Guest Yadda
The radio mentioned Charlie Drake had his 79th birthday just the other day. According to a documentary screened here two years ago, he still shares a small flat/house with his brother.

Didn't Charlie Drake suffer a serious stroke in 1995, and has not worked since.??

I think he has also appeared in Shakespeare and Harold Pinter plays, I would like to have seen that, just out of interest. :(

he is in a actors old peoples home

Is there such a thing as an actors old people's home?

Live and learn.

I wonder if he has any famous co-inmates in an advanced state of agedness we should know about?

Refer the the Richard O'Sullivan thread. I believe he is in such an establishment in West London.

DWB :(

Re the stroke.....yes. 1985 I think and it was a serious one. Since when he's done nothing on screen or stage.

Guest chris richardson

I sadly missed that documentary about Charlie Drake two years ago at christmas,really funny bloke.My dad says that im am related to him through my grandmother.Iv got his address i maybe i should look him up.His catch word if i remember is ( It's TEEEEEEEE Time)from a show that he did in the 60s

I sadly missed that documentary about Charlie Drake two years ago at christmas,really funny bloke.My dad says that im am related to him through my grandmother.Iv got his address i maybe i should look him up.His catch word if i remember is ( It's TEEEEEEEE Time)from a show that he did in the 60s

Good idea. Look him up and let us know his latest condition. May be useful in determining whether to add him to next years list - although you had better be quick...only 6 days to go!

Guest Colin
Further to some of the tasteless postings above you should be aware that Charlie recently suffered a stroke which has left him blind and he is now in Brinsworth House, a home especially for retired show business people.

What a sad little forum this is, delighting in the demise of people with more talent than any of you will ever have.

I'll second that, let's hope that if soemone in thier family suffers a stroke that they get laughed at too. These forums seem to be full of morons who think it's macho to laugh at other misfortunes, probably a load of spotty kids anyway.

You morons have no talent so try to put down others that have. You're idea of humour is crap like Jo Brand.

Guest alzy

hi all

i am only middle aged, but i remember being 17 and stupid like yesterday.. :old: the thing u all have to remember is you get old when your not looking and in 50 years time the next generation will all be laughing at you and calling you old gits... :old: as the saying goes time will tell, and death comes to us all......... even the young cocky gits end up as old farts...... :blink:

hi  all

i am  only  middle  aged,  but  i  remember  being  17  and  stupid  like  yesterday..    :old:      the  thing  u  all  have  to  remember  is  you get  old  when  your  not  looking  and  in  50  years  time  the  next  generation  will  all  be  laughing  at  you  and  calling  you  old  gits... :old:  as  the  saying  goes  time  will  tell,  and  death  comes  to  us  all.........    even  the  young  cocky  gits  end  up  as  old  farts...... :blink:

So very very true, although some will always be more stupid than others.

This is how it was, is and always will be, and long may it continue. After all one of the joys of being young is not being old.

As good old Lev Trotsky once said 'Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man' (or woman I assume).

Anyway I'm off now to join the ever growing queue at the Post Office.

It gets busy down there on pension day, doesn't it?

It gets busy down there on pension day, doesn't it?

...so does the death of the post office merit a new thread?

Guest paul grim reaper
:skull: Charlie is deffo alive and just about kicking his health is detrioating though , so have a pound on him

Didn't Charlie Drake suffer a serious stroke in 1995, and has not worked since.??

I think he has also appeared in Shakespeare and Harold Pinter plays, I would like to have seen that, just out of interest. :(

I can just image Charlie in Macbeth...

First Witch

All hail, Macbeth! hail to thee, thane of Glamis!

Second Witch

All hail, Macbeth, hail to thee, thane of Cawdor!

Third Witch

All hail, Macbeth, thou shalt be king hereafter!

Macbeth

Hello my darlings