The Four Horsemen

Very Blue Peter

Just heard the legendary Biddy Baxter on BBC radio, discussing whether the format is exhausted to the point they should replace Blue Peter.

She sounds very chipper though.

So what was the name of the cat that people actually voted for when the editor decided it would be called Socks?

Just heard the legendary Biddy Baxter on BBC radio, discussing whether the format is exhausted to the point they should replace Blue Peter.

She sounds very chipper though.

So what was the name of the cat that people actually voted for when the editor decided it would be called Socks?

Cookie

The problem being that a late surge on the voting for Cookie made them suspicious. There are rumours it's disgusting slang but officially they're sticking to the line that the voting seemed inconsistent. Mebbe someone had a bet on the result.

Socks is saying nowt, mind.

The problem being that a late surge on the voting for Cookie made them suspicious. There are rumours it's disgusting slang but officially they're sticking to the line that the voting seemed inconsistent. Mebbe someone had a bet on the result.

Socks is saying nowt, mind.

Wonder if Bill's Socks is still going strong? Still alive wikipedially.

Urban dictionary talks pussy/vagina where cookie is concerned. Can't say it's Maryportspeak yet, mind.

Then again on the question of socks, urban dictionary says:

1. socks 119 up, 28 down

something used as a semen catcher for horny little boys who don't want to clean up after they jerk it.

Something hicks with mullets use for birth control.

Dude, last night I used a sock in the barn. My mom came in after I finished up my duty and was like, why do you have your shoes and socks off. So I had to wear the sock after I jizzed in it.

What I don't understand is how thousands of kids come up with Cookie or Socks, for that matter, all at the same time. Shame about Cookie. I suppose they would have vetoed "Pussy" for the same reason. Just think, there is never going to be a Blue Peter cat called "Pussy".

I wonder what other cat names would be ruled inadmissible? Ginger? Minge? McCaverty?

Cookie

Never ones to court controversy, the Blue Peter management should have gone with something topical; "Madeleine McCat", for instance. I'm sure, once all the hoo-ha had died down and people had stopped writing to Points Of View about it, they'd realize it's really quite a nice name for a cat.

"Maddy! Maddy! Where are you? Here puss-puss-puss-puss-puss... MA-DDY! *rattles fork in Whiskas tin*"

According to this academic tome, it was neither of those paragons of virtue who did the dirty on Percy's plantation, but I'm

buggered if I'm going to read it all again to find out the true culprit.

Her Maj is hosting a Blue Peter 50th birthday party. Hopefully, after a few sherries, she'll 'fess up to her rôle in the garden vandalisation incident and stop letting Wise and Ferdinand carry the can.

Watching Pointless. Does anyone else think John Noakes looks like he's not looking after himself very well.

• Like 1

Watching Pointless. Does anyone else think John Noakes looks like he's not looking after himself very well.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I thought physically he wasn't looking too bad but something just wasn't right, he looked very confused.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I thought physically he wasn't looking too bad but something just wasn't right, he looked very confused.

He did, I noticed Peter Purves actually had to physically position him a couple of times. I also thought he looked a bit scruffy, but then I think he always has been.

Well, for what it's worth Mrs Rotten disagrees, she says "he's never been on the ball". And that he's got a quite a few more years in him yet.

Well, for what it's worth Mrs Rotten disagrees, she says "he's never been on the ball". And that he's got a quite a few more years in him yet.

Ah but what did you think? I did wonder at first if he was messing about as he's always been known for being unpredictable but he really didn't seem all there, also don't forget it was filmed last year. I always thought there was a Blue Peter presenter thread, but it seems not.

I never noticed to that degree. I seem to notice that a person is say within their final three years, put them on my list for a couple of years, I get twitchy that they are improving, remove them just before they turn up their toes. Steve Jobs, Seve Ballesteros, Annette Funichello and Cliff Morgan spring to mind in this regard and I can't think John Noakes even passed the three year test.

But look at Frosty... Just this summer he was knocking about in the pits at Silverstone, talking with Lewis Hamilton and such. Looked quite well, and able to have 10 years in him... And then he exits without any precursor hint.

Mike Yarwood has by all accounts done nothing for about 20 years. Would sooner have an "out of the blue" punt on Yarwood than Noakes any day but that's just my instinct.

Guest Guest

Ah but what did you think? I did wonder at first if he was messing about as he's always been known for being unpredictable but he really didn't seem all there, also don't forget it was filmed last year. I always thought there was a Blue Peter presenter thread, but it seems not.

Blue Peter http://www.deathlist...?showtopic=1524

Very Blue Peter http://www.deathlist...p?showtopic=187

I was going to post this,sad to say but IMO the bloke is going senile,at least Peter Purves had his marbles on that show

I was going to post this,sad to say but IMO the bloke is going senile,at least Peter Purves had his marbles on that show

With all these 1970s male tv celebs coming under fire from Operation Yewtree, I surprised Peter hasn't been under suspicion yet... especially with a relevant surname like his.

• Like 2

With all these 1970s male tv celebs coming under fire from Operation Yewtree, I surprised Peter hasn't been under suspicion yet... especially with a relevant surname like his.

No Peter will it seems shag anything in a skirt (I got that from his own autobiography) but I do not think there is any suscpicion that he did anything illegal.

No Peter will it seems shag anything in a skirt (I got that from his own autobiography) but I do not think there is any suscpicion that he did anything illegal.

Including Valerie Singleton, although he did have to kick Joan Armatrading out of her bed first, so I'm told...

Including Valerie Singleton, although he did have to kick Joan Armatrading out of her bed first, so I'm told...

WHAT THE FUCK?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Aye, it shocked the nation, it did.

Peter Pervy and his wandering cock, I mean, this was BLUE PETER!!

Mind you, at her magnificent peak, who wouldnt have shagged Valerie?

He also notched up Jean Marsh from their days on Doctor Who.

Really? I wonder if he finished upstairs or downstairs...

• Like 2

Really? I wonder if he finished upstairs or downstairs...

He certainly Rose to the occasion.