Death Watch Beatle

King Harald V of Norway

Some pictures of King Harald V from last week, from his brother in law's funeral Erling Lorentzen who died at the age of 98 earlier in March.

He is using crutches there from an knee operation a few weeks ago, and is sick leave right now untill april 11th. He has been that quite sometimes the last few years now with Dizziness, fever and heart operation vack in october. Still think he gonna be here for a while, but one to look out on

20210329_185808.jpg

20210329_184803.jpg

• Like 1

Nevermind, I’m so dumb 

Wouldn't be surprised if he was the first one to go of QEII, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Margrethe, former Queen Beatrix and former King Juan Carlos. Carlos might be the one that goes before him 

• Like 1

Out of those, I'd say Carl Gustaf is the last. Much younger than all the others, still healthy and can still perform all his duties. I predict they go in this order:

Juan Carlos (2021/2022), QEII (2022-2024), Harald V (2023), Beatrix(2023-2025), Margrethe (around 2024-2027) and Carl Gustaf (2035-2038).

Juan Carlos: Tumour in 2010, heart surgery in 2019. Parents lived to 79 and 89. Exiled, doesn't seem like he's got long

QEII: Lost husband a while ago, didn't look so great at the funeral - I'd say a couple of years while many may disagree, and she may very well live longer. Parents lived to 56 and 101.

Harald V: Sick leaves, surgeries...He'll have to live three years to get to the age his father died at. Parents lived to 87 and 53.

Beatrix: Abdicated in 2013. Parents lived to 93 and 94, but mother had alzheimer's for her last years.

Margrethe II: Healthy, but a chain smoker. Said that she won't live for another 10 years last year. Parents lived to 72 and 90.

Carl XVI Gustaf: Healthy. Parents lived to 40 and 62, however his father died in a plane crash long before he could have become king. Otherwise the Swedish royal family has male longevity: the last two kings, his grandfather and his father lived to 92 and 90.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arghton said:

Out of those, I'd say Carl Gustaf is the last. Much younger than all the others, still healthy and can still perform all his duties. I predict they go in this order:

Juan Carlos (2021/2022), QEII (2022-2024), Harald V (2023), Beatrix(2023-2025), Margrethe (around 2024-2027) and Carl Gustaf (2035-2038).

Juan Carlos: Tumour in 2010, heart surgery in 2019. Parents lived to 79 and 89. Exiled, doesn't seem like he's got long

QEII: Lost husband a while ago, didn't look so great at the funeral - I'd say a couple of years while many may disagree, and she may very well live longer. Parents lived to 56 and 101.

Harald V: Sick leaves, surgeries...He'll have to live three years to get to the age his father died at. Parents lived to 87 and 53.

Beatrix: Abdicated in 2013. Parents lived to 93 and 94, but mother had alzheimer's for her last years.

Margrethe II: Healthy, but a chain smoker. Said that she won't live for another 10 years last year. Parents lived to 72 and 90.

Carl XVI Gustaf: Healthy. Parents lived to 40 and 62, however his father died in a plane crash long before he could have become king. Otherwise the Swedish royal family has male longevity: the last two kings, his grandfather and his father lived to 92 and 90.

The Queen will most likely live to be over 100. While she will miss her husband and they were together for a long time it wasn't exactly a conventional marriage; they largely slept in separate bedrooms and virtually lived apart 2017-20. I don't doubt that she is grieving him, but I think she is perfectly capable of functioning when she gets over the initial shock/grief (the shock you get when a loved one dies even though you know they are dying). 

I agree that Juan Carlos will likely be the first to go. Probably one of those who goes suddenly in the night. Unless he pulls a Rainier III...

• Like 1

Not sure about JC: Maybe exile has a possibility of extending life. Less stress, less interaction with the nasty commoner, remove yourself from all the trouble etc.

7 hours ago, frleon said:

Not sure about JC: Maybe exile has a possibility of extending life. Less stress, less interaction with the nasty commoner, remove yourself from all the trouble etc.

He's getting to be a fat bastard though. A fat bastard who could fall over again...

Personnaly I think both King Harald And Former King Juan Carlos should be on the 2022 Deathlist. If they both are alive then 

• Like 1

Ill after meeting covid positive minister, hasn't tested positive though and he's received three doses of the vaccine as has the Queen and the chronically ill crown princess Mette-Marit. Expected to get back to work in a few days. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Ill after meeting covid positive minister, hasn't tested positive though and he's received three doses of the vaccine as has the Queen and the chronically ill crown princess Mette-Marit. Expected to get back to work in a few days. 

Metre-Marit could be a major figure on the DDP in the years to come as her health declines.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, drol said:

He’ll be the next part-timer to abdicate.

Those Europeans have no stamina….

28 minutes ago, heiheiheihei said:

Pictures of him from the Queen's funeral

4F15D347-BB2D-42E2-A820-E3DDB42FF77B.jpeg

17CECD6A-F30D-49B4-8B17-13A3FBADE00F.jpeg

64DA3066-1FE1-4CE6-8F36-68C33D1BF2C6.jpeg

AFA4AA43-D3F9-4D7B-92CE-9E920873777A.jpeg

I wonder if it hit him that the next big European royal event might well be his funeral. 

37 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder if it hit him that the next big European royal event might well be his funeral. 

He’ll make it past summer 2023, so the next big European royal event will be the Coronation of Charles III. 

Just now, Windsor said:

He’ll make it past summer 2023, so the next big European royal event will be the Coronation of Charles III. 

Traditionaly the other sovereigns don’t go to that. So it will be all the heirs instead. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Well I'm pretty sure out of the major European royals Constantine II will go next. Not sure if his funeral would be a big royal event, but he's very ill and as far as I know hasn't made any public appearances since his hospitalisations in December and January. I'm kind of suprised he doesn't have his own thread.

Harald has had some health troubles in recent years but I think he'll reach his father's age and length of reign in around 2 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, arghton said:

Well I'm pretty sure out of the major European royals Constantine II will go next. Not sure if his funeral would be a big royal event, but he's very ill and as far as I know hasn't made any public appearances since his hospitalisations in December and January. I'm kind of suprised he doesn't have his own thread.

Harald has had some health troubles in recent years but I think he'll reach his father's age and length of reign in around 2 years. 

Considering the size of his children’s various weddings it probably will be. So you right thst will likely be the next time all the European sovereigns gather. 

• Like 1