Windsor

Bird Flu

Bird flu found in humans in Wales :crossbone:

As an ogre I think you may be immune HCW, any talking donkeys you own on the other hand.....................

Is swine flu called swine flu in Halibut countries?

I would sincerely doubt any of them would have it to call it anything...

Scotland has the first confirmed cases of swine flu in the UK, I suppose we had to come first in something :rolleyes: .

:sicktherm:

Apparently, those most at risk are the young and healthy, though if you catch swine flu, presumably that makes you unhealthy and lessens the risk?

Apparently, those most at risk are the young and healthy, though if you catch swine flu, presumably that makes you unhealthy and lessens the risk?

US Congressman Ron Paul (a former Presidential candidate) has raised concerns about the overkill on this situation. He was formerly a physician and refers back to 1976 outbreak..one person died, althoug 20+ died of the immunisation. Nobody yet in the USA has been isolated in hospital, but the US Homeland Security have now got involved (with unbeleievalbe power in thier hands).

Given that Obama has agreed to release thousands of US troops for internal "duties" and there are a known 250,000 "family-sized" coffins stacked in the backwoods of the USA, what can you make of this? Preparedness????

If anyone's interested, I can provide links.... :unsure:

It's all bollocks and scaremongering, we were all supposed to die of bird flu a couple of years ago, and that turned out to be just a bit of a cold. I will continue to eat bacon sandwiches without fear of death.

It's all bollocks and scaremongering, we were all supposed to die of bird flu a couple of years ago, and that turned out to be just a bit of a cold. I will continue to eat bacon sandwiches without fear of death.

As per usual the filthy grubby elements of the media help propogate this swine-flu come bird-flu come man-flu pseudopandemic. I saw this morning that the Mexicans have revised their figures and in fact only 7 deaths are bone-fide confirmed flying-pig flu deaths, before that it was only 20. The news reports though prefer (imho) to fixate themselves on the 150+ "suspected" deaths. The facts speak for themselves, unfortunately as a general rule people are too apathetic busy to consider cold facts and rely on the likes of Piers to interpret the facts and spoon feed us whatever hyperbole he sees fit in order to sell papers.

US Congressman Ron Paul (a former Presidential candidate) has raised concerns about the overkill on this situation. He was formerly a physician and refers back to 1976 outbreak..one person died, althoug 20+ died of the immunisation. Nobody yet in the USA has been isolated in hospital, but the US Homeland Security have now got involved (with unbeleievalbe power in thier hands).

Given that Obama has agreed to release thousands of US troops for internal "duties" and there are a known 250,000 "family-sized" coffins stacked in the backwoods of the USA, what can you make of this? Preparedness????

I'd like a link to the coffin reference. Good to see some healthy scepticism here. I think its just that the media has grown bored with the recession. They're desperate for it to be a pandemic. The TV people, in particular, love novelty. They couldn't wait to get in to their flack jackets in Iraq. Now everyone wants to wear a germ mask.

I'd like a link to the coffin reference. Good to see some healthy scepticism here. I think its just that the media has grown bored with the recession. They're desperate for it to be a pandemic. The TV people, in particular, love novelty. They couldn't wait to get in to their flack jackets in Iraq. Now everyone wants to wear a germ mask.

Coffins in the USA

Worrying US Show "phone-in" (uploaded a week before Swine Flu was reported

Coffins in the USA

The government will love this swine flu thing, as it will take everybody's mind of this recession. It will give them the chance to 'bury' a few other of their failings...

Coffins in the USA

The government will love this swine flu thing, as it will take everybody's mind of this recession. It will give them the chance to 'bury' a few other of their failings...

Mmm, they look a bit like water tanks for lofts or maybe septic tanks (sceptic tanks?). I suppose the nutters were always going to get a hold of this.

Even if they are coffins, which I doubt, what's wrong with a bit of forward planning? If people die in big numbers they have to be shovelled somewhere. We have an old plague pit in our town. I suppose it's an improvement on a cart with a bellringing bloke shouting "Bring out your dead!"

I wonder how many people died of malnutrition or AIDS in Africa today? Swine flu over there would just add a bit of variety.

709980_ad56_625x1000.jpg

More proof.

Coffins in the USA

Looks like they were prepared for Katrina after all!

Its pretty f*****g typical of todays society, panic, panic, panic.

Anyway, people will still be walking around coughing and spluttering and not putting their hands to their mouths, the scumbags.

If there is one good thing to come out of all of this it will be all those Turd crusts shunning Pork at Tescos.

The price will come right down! :sicktherm:

Apparently we are now at level 5.

We're doomed!*

*at 40 to 50 secs, I was too lazy to find a proper clip

Agreed....

I hope Swine Flu affects media people only. Then we'd get some peace...

Aberdeen University have sent out an email to all their students.

We are not to panic, because Aberdeen Uni has a contingency plan. I'm sorted, so f**k the lot of yous. :sicktherm:

Like my momma done told me, yuh kin lick but yuh cain't touch.

Piggy.jpg

Like my momma done told me, yuh kin lick but yuh cain't touch.

Piggy.jpg

Isn't he's a bit young for a snout habit?

We are not to panic, because Aberdeen Uni has a contingency plan. I'm sorted, so f**k the lot of yous. :sicktherm:

I suppose being in Scotland you really can justify running round and shouting the legendary Rab C Nesbits immortal line

"Swine that you are!"

I suppose being in Scotland you really can justify running round and shouting the legendary Rab C Nesbits immortal line

"Swine that you are!"

I probably shouldn't be so confident in Aberdeen University's contingency plan.

During a rather bad outbreak of plague in the 1640s, Aberdeen University's 'contingency plan' was to move all their students to the doomed University of Fraserburgh. All they achieved in doing that was spreading the disease from the city to the countryside...