Windsor

Bird Flu

Whoops, sorry!

Did try and search it but I can't work it out haha. :unsure:

Ignoring the debate on DDT, the fact he brought up was that 1 person dies from malaria every 12 seconds.

That reminds me of the Bono joke:

Bono on stage acting like a twat: "each time I clap a child in poverty dies"

Wag in the audience "so stop f*****g clapping then"

Scotland has the first confirmed cases of swine flu in the UK, I suppose we had to come first in something :P .

Looks like Scotland has got a taste for coming first now :) .

2007 - Chinese Year of the Chicken - Bird flu pandemic devastates parts of Asia.

2008 - Chinese Year of the Horse - Equine flu decimates Australian horse racing.

2009 - Chinese Year of the Pig - Swine flu ......

2010 - Chinese Year of the C 6.gif ck

Scotland has the first confirmed cases of swine flu in the UK, I suppose we had to come first in something :) .

Looks like Scotland has got a taste for coming first now ;) .

Could be the first death outside the Americas, then...

:P:)

It's spread pretty rapidly across the world, I must say... apparently the pandemic comes in the autumn (I haven't seen that word in a long time on this Americanocentric internet...)

I've got it 'mildly' apparently!

You could be in big demand at swine flu parties.

The first "celebrity" to officially be diagnosed with swine flu is some bloke from Harry potter called Rupert Grind. Suspicious he gets Swine Flu three days before the new Harry Potter film is premiered, a nice bit of publicity for the film. Jordan, Kerry Katona and Lily Allen must be devasted by the way I'm sure their agents have been trying desparately to make sure one of them got it first. Only thing they can do now is to be the first to die from it they are so upthemselves they probably will just because it would get them publicity.

The first "celebrity" to officially be diagnosed with swine flu is some bloke from Harry potter called Rupert Grind. Suspicious he gets Swine Flu three days before the new Harry Potter film is premiered, a nice bit of publicity for the film. Jordan, Kerry Katona and Lily Allen must be devasted by the way I'm sure their agents have been trying desparately to make sure one of them got it first. Only thing they can do now is to be the first to die from it they are so upthemselves they probably will just because it would get them publicity.

Actually, to be pedantic the first 'celebrity' to get swine flu is this former Big Brother contestant apparently. And, as I'm feeling fairly uncynical today, playing one of the top three parts in one of the largest franchises ever does, I think, earn Rupert Grint justified notability, even if he's not a good actor.

Actually, to be pedantic the first 'celebrity' to get swine flu is this former Big Brother contestant apparently. And, as I'm feeling fairly uncynical today, playing one of the top three parts in one of the largest franchises ever does, I think, earn Rupert Grint justified notability, even if he's not a good actor.

Yep, Rupert Grint had swine flu. Apparently he caught it from Hogwarts...... I'll get my coat

Yep, Rupert Grint had swine flu. Apparently he caught it from Hogwarts...... I'll get my coat

Here's your hat and scarf too get out

HAHAHA I think this swine flu thing is a right mountain out of a molehill - my mate has had the flu for about a week, really stinky, and we've been ribbing her about it being swine flu (unfortunate for her as she's a Halibut) - well now it turns out that her best mate's mum really does have swine flu, so she might indeed have it! I've just ripped the piss out of her on the phone, told her if she'd eaten more bacon she would have been immune.

Confirmed - my friend has swine flu. I spend all my day sitting right beside her at work. And now I'm feeling a tad under the weather........GIVE ME BACON!

I read last week that Rupert Grind made up the story of having swine flu because he thought Michael Jackson would take the spotlight away from the Harry Potter premier so it looks like Cherie Blair is the first famous person to succombe to Piggy Flu (unless you count that nobody from big brother)

I've been in contact with someone who has been in contact with someone who is confirmed as having swine flu.

Remember the woman who works in the office who I always moan about? Its her ex-husband's wife and her daughter.

Its getting closer...

Oh deep joy. As if bird flu and swine flu weren't enough, look what's could be coming our way, courtesy of our cross-Channel Gallic chums - diseased chipmunks.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090723/tuk-di...uk-45dbed5.html

Apparently they carry ticks which can spread Lyme disease. And what is Lyme disease? Well, mild cases can cause, yes, you've guessed it, "flu-like symptoms." And worse cases can lead to deterioration of the nervous system, dementia and/or heart failure. Lovely.

Oh, and the chipmunks "may also carry rabies." :banghead:

Pesky rodents.....

Chipdale47.jpg

I'm a confirmed case of Swine Flu. It isn't at all as bad as I thought it would be.

Very tired, Very sore chest and after 2 days of sleep i feel fine.

Enjoying my 2 weeks off.

It's only because I have asthma that I have been allowed tamiflu.

Forget bird flu, forget Swine Flu.........the latest one is Pneumonic Flu!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Even your bog standard masks and hankys aren't going to save you from this latest plague.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2...lier.html?cat=5

Sorry don't have the first clue how to add a link, so i hope this works :D

Dolly Parton caught pneumatic flu years ago and survived.

Dolly20Parton.jpg

:unsure: Costa Rican Leader Oscar Arias has announced he has swine flu, but is apparently still well enough to work from home.

Now I'm not casting doubt on this diagnosis or anything, but when I had 'normal' flu some years ago, I could barely summon up the energy to complain about my headache! ;)

:unsure: Costa Rican Leader Oscar Arias has announced he has swine flu, but is apparently still well enough to work from home.

Now I'm not casting doubt on this diagnosis or anything, but when I had 'normal' flu some years ago, I could barely summon up the energy to complain about my headache! ;)

I've just recovered from a bout of the flu.

Swine flu is so rampant here, my GP didn't even bother to test for it. So I could have had it but will never know.

I did have a jab for the normal seasonal flu a while back, so the odds are I had H1N1. It wasn't as bad as the normal flu, but it lingered on like a fart in lift.