Stayin Alive

Nick Leeson

Guest reap what u sow
:shoot2: Watched "Rogue Trader"...fascinating. Many moon's ago after finishing college I had the golden opportunity to work for Midlands " Future's Trading Desk" in Canada. The only one in canada. It was a blast. HOWEVER, with my very eyes you see abuses/intimadation and greed that would blow your socks off....but as long as you made money for the FIRM...hey, who notices or cares. So you bend the rules. If the &$!* should hit the fan one day, well management had the fingers ready to be pointed at some poor sap. Well a trader by the name of Micheal Holiday..yes Canada's own Future's Trader Genius..I knew something was seriously wrong. And as the companies own internal auditor kept his head in the sand and upper management pretended that it was a complex formula that would be very tricky to catch. this Genius who was milking clients for millions - the company couldn't be happier. So I say, Nick - the Oh high and Mighty may have the financial resources and clout to paint you as this wreckles trader...there is no way in convincing me that at the time the top brass at the were stuffing their pockets with endless bails of cash - obviously knowing what true extent was happening...IF THEY ACTUALLY DIDN"T...god help us that these puppets are running our Monetary System....SO NICK.....good for you - at least you were able to blow the cover off this fools......

Guest Will Hopkins

Is being Nick Leeson's cousin a recommendation of him or his couisin. I think NOT!.

Until very recently Liam was available for dinner bookings through this enterprising company >just here<. However, he is no longer listed. Whether this is because of ill health or lack of interest is open to speculation.

It may also be of interest to those who are keen on breaking bread with Brotherhood of Man.

Until very recently Liam was available for dinner bookings through this enterprising company >just here<. However, he is no longer listed. Whether this is because of ill health or lack of interest is open to speculation.

Well this certainly is a new development if Nick has changed his name......

.....not sure it'll work if he is trying to elude the reaper...

:grave:

FFS, I really am a weapons grade twat.

I meant Nick. Sorry.

Guest guesty

Stars such as (wait for it)

SYD LITTLE

LINDA LUSARDI

ROSS DAVIDSON

ANNE-MARIE DAVIES

GORDON BANKS

LIMAHL

KEITH HARRIS (&ORVILLE)

SIR GEOFF HURST

CLAIRE McGLINN

JONATHON MORRIS

One of the moust unintentionally funny links I've seen in a while, make sure you check out the "Repertoire" for each star.

If you did have Nick around for dinner I'd check I still had my wallet afterwards.

When Nick was on the list what was his repertoire entry by the way?

Biography: The Pasadenas didn't belong in the '80s. The band was caught in a time warp; they bounced between '50s doo wop, '60s Motown, and early-'70s funk and R&B. However, they presented these influences when mainstream pop music had become too shallow and over-produced; instead of sounding dated, the group was actually a refreshing change of pace. The band wasn't given much attention in America, but they were superstars in their native England.

Repertoire They will talk about their experiences in teh music scene.

Requirements The Band will not perform any of their hits.

GENIUS!!!!

SCHNORBITZ (4th)  Biography The one-time pet of dearly departed comedian Bernie Winters, Schnorbitz the fourth (Bernie owned four dogs called Schnorbitz during his career) is available to come round to dinner.

Repertoire He will fetch and play dead.

Requirements A dog bowl, basket (with mo-hair blanket) and a bone.

I would invite Orville, without Keith Harris. And get him to bring some orange sauce.

"I wish I could fry ..."

Many of our celebrities like playing after-dinner party games (such as Charades, Pictionary or Guess Who) The tic-tac-toe icon represents this.

Just imagine being able to gather your grandchildren around you and telling them as they stared at you in amazement and wonder of the time you played Ker-Plunk with Go West

Guest true?

Some say Leeson profited from the bad trades and that the money is hiden in the Caribbean. Apparently a New York firm is investgating the fraud and trying to recover the millions.

Pure genius.

Guest Guest

That supper with the stars site is unintentionally hilarious and tragic at the same time.

Guest H.G.

I happened to meet Nick Leeson by chance and ended up getting to know him well.

He's a generous and fun towards the people he decides to get to know and

share some of his incredible stories.

Some people have got it business wise - always one step ahead - and his online celeb

poker venture is living proof.

Good to see him doing well.

He's a generous and fun towards the people he decides to get to know..

Ah, shuddupaya face ;)

He's a generous and fun towards the people he decides to get to know..

Ah, shuddupaya face :P

He should still be locked up.

Nick now spends much of his time presenting talks to companies on Risk Management

Talk about chutzpah!

If the companies were smart, they wouldn't let him in the front door.

I find it astonishing that someone so demonstrably inadequate in his chosen career still has the gall to try and scrape a living out of his own failure.

Guest IYG
Nick now spends much of his time presenting talks to companies on Risk Management

Talk about chutzpah!

:ph34r::P

Guest Elwood

The Lord has taught us to forgive. Nick made a mistake and got caught up in it. His boss should have had tighter control over Nisk's trading. His upper management wanted more and more( bonus time) It's called greed. we have all lost our ways.

We have to buy bottled water and can't go out on bad smog days. Why greed. Business dump toxic chemicals in stream and lakes, cruise ships dump garbage over board into the ocean. Oh and what about the dirty needles washing up on shores. Companys want the big bucks and that is all. They don't care about our ego system and how it will affect our health and our childrens, childrens health.

Okay we are using neuclear energy but at what cost? There is no way to get ride of the spent fuel and rods that is safe. It is dangerous for 500 years or more.

Even after 911 the neuclear powerplants are not protected properly. A lot of the guards are old and can't get up out of a chair fast. The videos the Goverment has shown about security was staged to make you feel safe. Smoke and Mirrors. A film crew has flown many times up the Hudson river that the terrorist followed to the twin towers. Right there is the neuclar power plant. many times their air space has been breached. Never has the helicopters or small aircraft been warned away with force threats. Why greed. I don't blame Nick completly, it was the fault of many people and their greed. Nick lost everything and should be allowed to go on with his life. He should dedicate his life to helping people in need. He should give some of his time at the soup kitchen, driving elder to Doctor appointments or the food store. Stop Judging the guy already.

Guest Nick Leeson

Actually, I admit it was all my fault. I was a greedy bastard and must pay for my sins. If that means being murdered gruesomely by an ill tempered Scotsman brandishing a spoon, then so be it.

Cheers,

Nick Leeson.

Companys want the big bucks and that is all. They don't care about our ego system

That's true - mine has been deflated for years. :o

The Lord has taught us to forgive. Nick made a mistake and got caught up in it. His boss should have had tighter control over Nisk's trading. His upper management wanted more and more( bonus time) It's called greed. we have all lost our ways.

We have to buy bottled water and can't go out on bad smog days. Why greed. Business dump toxic chemicals in stream and lakes, cruise ships dump garbage over board into the ocean. Oh and what about the dirty needles washing up on shores. Companys want the big bucks and that is all. They don't care about our ego system and how it will affect our health and our childrens, childrens health.

Okay we are using neuclear energy but at what cost? There is no way to get ride of the spent fuel and rods that is safe. It is dangerous for 500 years or more.

Even after 911 the neuclear powerplants are not protected properly. A lot of the guards are old and can't get up out of a chair fast. The videos the Goverment has shown about security was staged to make you feel safe. Smoke and Mirrors. A film crew has flown many times up the Hudson river that the terrorist followed to the twin towers. Right there is the neuclar power plant. many times their air space has been breached. Never has the helicopters or small aircraft been warned away with force threats. Why greed. I don't blame Nick completly, it was the fault of many people and their greed. Nick lost everything and should be allowed to go on with his life. He should dedicate his life to helping people in need. He should give some of his time at the soup kitchen, driving elder to Doctor appointments or the food store. Stop Judging the guy already.

A couple of points...

A.) You say "The Lord has taught us to"... Only true if happen to follow that particular superstition. There's lots of people that'll disagree with you on that one I'm afraid.

B.) You appear to blame Leeson's situation entirely on his company's greed. You think Leeson is entirely blameless in this, should be forgiven and set free, with a Jesus Loves You badge. Is that what you're saying?

C.) You state that our environment (Ego system, as you call it. The word is Eco--look it up in a dictionary.) is totally rooted because of greed. How so? The writing was on the wall as far back as the industrial revolution, IMHO. Corporate greed has got very little to do with the underlying cause. Public apathy and ignorance make better arguments.

D.) Greed makes needles "wash up" on shores does it? Greed makes nuclear power plants unclean does it? (Note nuclear, look it up in a dictionary) Provide proof that greed does these things and I might believe you.

E.) Greed is responsible for a supposed film crew not being "warned away with force threats" after flying a helicopter or small plane up the Hudson river. How did you come to form that little nugget in your mind?

F.) Leeson should be let out of gaol and, of his own free will, he should work in a soup kitchen or drive old gits up to the shops. What makes you think he would be remotely interested in doing charity work, given his predeliction to gigantic corporate crime with little or no thought for anyone else other that himself?

My head is still spinning trying to work out what the point of you post actually was. Rather than answer in point form, would it be possible for you to distill it down to a couple of sentences so a simpleton like myself can understand your lofty arguments?