Stayin Alive

Nick Leeson

Cunning linguists are always popular.  ;)

:lol: I've only just noticed that.

Reminds me of a colleague who was always getting her words muddled. She once had an attack of this whilst asking a shop assistant for a "Stunt Kite".

Guest Peter Barings

Monsieur Kerviel makes our Mr Leeson's antics look like a schoolboy losing his tuck shop money, n'est-ce pas?

Nasty Nick looked pretty chipper on TV today, the thieving little arsewipe.

Guest sol
Monsieur Kerviel makes our Mr Leeson's antics look like a schoolboy losing his tuck shop money, n'est-ce pas?

Nasty Nick looked pretty chipper on TV today, the thieving little arsewipe.

im ashamed that the french have outdone us!

So while you are considering your lists for 2021, you can look at this article from April: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8243377/Rogue-trader-Nick-Leeson-boasts-doing-stock-market.html

Either you can say good luck to him for overcoming a hitch in his life and moving forward.

Or you can say you hope the bastard dies for profiting from others' misery...again.

The decision is yours.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

So while you are considering your lists for 2021, you can look at this article from April: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8243377/Rogue-trader-Nick-Leeson-boasts-doing-stock-market.html

Either you can say good luck to him for overcoming a hitch in his life and moving forward.

Or you can say you hope the bastard dies for profiting from others' misery...again.

The decision is yours.

I was working for BHF Bank at the time of the collapse of Baring's Bank. I personally hope the bastard has a slow and painful death. Several of the substantial loans we made to Baring's we weren't able to recover. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I was working for BHF Bank at the time of the collapse of Baring's Bank. I personally hope the bastard has a slow and painful death. Several of the substantial loans we made to Baring's we weren't able to recover. 

You should be just as irate with the posh boy dum-dums who let him do it. Upper-class nepotism in their being in jobs of any genuine responsibility. If any bank deserved to get Leesoned, Barings was most certainly it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

You should be just as irate with the posh boy dum-dums who let him do it. Upper-class nepotism in their being in jobs of any genuine responsibility. If any bank deserved to get Leesoned, Barings was most certainly it.

Was pissed off with all of them. Several friends got made redundant at the time as a result of it. 

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

The decision is yours.

His ex-missus was reduced to waitressing in a tea rooms in Maidstone - I doubt if he's seen fit to share his new-found prosperity with her either.