Cowboy Ronnie

Prince Rainier

Guest billythesquid

it would seem that a pine box is the thing to be seen in in europe for april

I wonder if there's any chance the funeral could be on Saturday, to scupper that wedding again?

I wonder if there's any chance the funeral could be on Saturday, to scupper that wedding again?

:dead:

More arguments against the monarchy.

Anyway, to answer the question: three days is a bit short notice for a state funeral, but the audience happens to be in the neighbourhood...

regards,

Hein

Guest Arbiter

Prince Rainier of Monaco has died this morning at the age of 81

6. April

Guest Shuffler

"Prince Rainier's death means the Queen, who acceded to the British throne in 1952, becomes the longest-serving monarch in Europe."

ooh! the pressure!

I think back when Dudley Moore and Milton Berle died in 2002 that was the same day. Anyway DeathList doesn't have both Rainier and the Pope!  ;)

Ah but this is where you are right and wrong all at the same time. You see on this day as the news of The Pope passing reaches his faithful in New York City it is true, it is a Rainier day than we've had for at least a week. So in conclusion a Rainier Pope on the same day. :lol: (and of course he was a rainier Pope when he spoke in the Boston Commons area years back on a rainy day as compared to his New York City Central Park sunny day appearance).

All a matter of how you choose to look at it. Okay, okay! I'm leaving. :dead:

I've always had a theory that celebs croak in 3s - the classic was Di, Mother Theresa and Solti all going toes up within about 24 hours of each other

So this time we get the Pope, Rainier and Callaghan in a week - I'm trying to think of something hugely significant about Church, State and Monarchy but have hangover and can't be arsed...

Guest One Man Jury

Very good!

Yes, you can imagine. Wedding postponed to Sunday, Queen dies in morning, postponed again to following Saturday, Prince William announces his gay wedding on the Friday... etc etc etc...

Prince Charles says "Bugger this" and elopes with Camilla to OAP home in Eastbourne.

Sad, very sad. I shall miss this man greatly.

As for connections let me offer this little route of convoluted lunacy:

The Pope was the Catholic leader, Prince Rainier was Catholic and a Monarch of some sort who liked women who came from Philadelphia, Lord What's-his-name was British and part of a country that a one time had a war with the country which became the United States which has a city named Philadelphia. Add to this mix that the United States has a large Catholic population which mostly ignores the rulings of The Vatican, which brings us to both Prince Rainier and Lord What's-his-name. Prince Rainier's children often went against both The Catholic church (extramarital sex, divorce, possible gayness in the form of Albert) and the standards of Monaco. Lord What's-his-name was a bit of a mucky-muck in Great Britain where the children of the Queen often do as they please and ignore Church and State rules.

I do hope these ramblings of a demented old man have cleared up the confusion.

One other thing directed to Mr.Jury---If Prince William is gay and Prince Albert is gay could they perchance have a union of their very own? Oh that would set some tongues a wagging I'm sure.

honez Posted on Apr 6 2005, 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Rude Kid @ Apr 6 2005, 04:51 PM)

Now confirmed by the Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4415291.stm

And now confirmed by the only source I rely on for death-related matters...

I woundn't trust Luxumborg's PM seen as he never reported on DL the Death of his county's QM in January.

Guest One Man Jury
I do hope these ramblings of a demented old man have cleared up the confusion.

Well, I think it's cleared up one thing old chap.

Keep taking the mogadon and don't cross the road unaccompanied.

If Prince William is gay and Prince Albert is gay could they perchance have a union of their very own?

Well, er... God save the queens!

Guest billythesquid

one more connection between lord who you know, pope and prince renier.

all come from countries where famous for grand prix motor racing.

Really? Britain, Monaco and ... Poland? :huh:

You've heard the phrase 'Pole Position' I take it.

da-dum tish.

Guest One Man Jury
funeral next friday 15th april

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were so Ill!

:huh:

Guest IYG
Really? Britain, Monaco and ... Poland?  :huh:

You've heard the phrase 'Pole Position' I take it.

da-dum tish.

As stupid as the joke was it was actually really funny.

Thanks, I really needed that laugh. 2 hours and 19 minutes till my History test. :(

2 hours and 19 minutes till my History test. sad.gif

History is bunk (Henry Ford)

Henry Ford was wrong (Me)

2 hours and 19 minutes till my History test. sad.gif

History is bunk (Henry Ford)

Henry Ford was wrong (Me)

Whatever (Archie Bunker) :huh:

regards,

Hein

Now what you have all been waiting for from me, photos of Prince Rainier's funeral.

Prince Rainier's Funeral

Well actually I wasn't waiting for those photos. I had been waiting for the photos you had promised us of his nude frolic in the waters of The Straits of Gibralter during the autumn of 1972 (and have been and shall continue to do so).

Looking over the photos though I must say he does not look well. ------- Oh, wait a second, he's dead isn't he? Guess that explains why I wasn't invited to the weekly dinner (at least this time there's a legitimate reason).