Guest Dan

Former First Ladies

And Happy Rockafeller as a former 2nd Lady of the USA. She will be 88 in June.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If it was what they wrote (scar tissue removal to clear up the remnants of a successful cyst surgery), then it was an inconsequential routine procedure. 

So nothing to see here... unless it was something bigger and they wouldn't tell to protect her privacy.

Routine procedure on a 90 year old...thought it would be of passing interest.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Routiune procedure on a 90 year old...thought it would be of passing interest.

By all means, Y-Dub.  At 90, 'routine procedures' have a way o piling up.  Also, if they happen to the same region of the body or happen more frequently, it should be noted.  Keep up the good work Y-Dub.
SC

Have been doing endless research on Kulsoom Nawaz former 3 time first lady of Pakistan and have found reports so varied I thought it only right the regular Dl posters decode them for me via a thread.She has lymphatic cancer and had a cardiac arrest on Thursday and all reports thereafter are very contradictory.Thoughts?

Thought: Move to First Ladies thread.

Motion Seconded

• Like 1

Difficult to know for sure obviously, but maybe they (meaning family or perhaps medical staff) are hoping for some change in level of consciousness, so are keeping her on the ventilator for now.  Must have been some major damage to still be unconsciius this long after a heart attack.  Regardless, she has throat cancer too,  and the prospect of prolonged intubation or tracheotomy can't look good.  Can't be long if she doesn't regain consciousness, or maybe even if she does.  A week,tops, is my prediction.  Likely less.

Didn't even know we had this thread.  May as well use it.

are there enough of them, former first ladies, to warrant a thread

31 minutes ago, runebomme said:

are there enough of them, former first ladies, to warrant a thread

Many countries have one (if not they have a first man).  Koppish?  Including past and present, there's a shitload of them.
SC

Happy Birthday 68 Kulsoom Nawaz :party:

Maryam Nawaz Sharif is going to give an important press conference according to her twitter feed.Kulsoom had lung surgery yesterday.

• Like 1

Lung surgery on life support and now a press conference sounds ominous 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Lung surgery on life support and now a press conference sounds ominous 

Very. I have a feeling that we're talking hours, that is if she hasn't already died. She did well to make it to July.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Maryam Nawaz Sharif is going to give an important press conference according to her twitter feed.Kulsoom had lung surgery yesterday.

Press conference happened a couple hours back - something to do w/ returning to Pakistan next year and running for the elections regardless of whether or not her party is allowed to by their courts after a decision on a corruption trial that is to come in about a week. She said her mother should regain consciousness soon, which sounds false, but what do we know I guess?

On 04/07/2018 at 11:08, Sean said:

Begum Kulsoom Nawaz, wife of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, opened her eyes after a month in coma, and promptly asked where the fuck her husband was.

Nawaz said that his wife opened her eyes for a few seconds on Thursday, regretting that he had to return to Pakistan leaving her in such precarious state.
SC

Wrong thread.

Kulsoom Nawaz' husband got arrested today. Somewhere in the back of my mind is the idea that Kulsoom Nawaz is slightly less ill than claimed and Nawaz is trying to get a few pity points.

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Kulsoom Nawaz' husband got arrested today. Somewhere in the back of my mind is the idea that Kulsoom Nawaz is slightly less ill than claimed and Nawaz is trying to get a few pity points.

I think that was the reason I didn’t consider her that much when I picked my DDP team. I didn’t trust her husband and still don’t trust him...

This most recent (?) photo of Kulsoom Nawaz lends credence to her poor health.  NG tube in place for feeding, trach vent in place for breathing.  These are not things that are put in place lightly, although I suppose they could be faked.  Looks real though.

kulsoom-duo-1531466365.png

Edited by Skinny kiltrunner
Mispelled name

Mary McKee, a former first lady of Minnesota, died last week at her home in Plymouth. She was the former wife of the late Gov. Wendell Anderson was 79.

Family members aren’t sure exactly when she died, but she was found Dec. 14 by her nephew lying on a couch as if she had fallen asleep watching TV.

McKee, who was married to Wendell “Wendy” Anderson when the Democrat was elected governor in 1970, was a feminist who put her family first, Brett Anderson said. She and her husband divorced in 1990 and she resumed the use of her maiden name. Wendell Anderson died at 83 in 2016.

SC

• Like 1