Lady Die

Princess Diana

I have also come to the conclusion that Diana must have been applying mascara around her left eye at the time tragedy struck. The evidence is pretty conclusive if you have a look.

Congratulations on your 300th post TLC.

Thank you LG, it's pleasing that I signified such a landmark with yet another of my hugely witty yet relevant and informative posts. Much like this one.

I'll see if I can sneak a relevant post or two somewhere in my next 300. Good news if I do, otherwise it's another 300 variations of this, which is bad news for all you horny readers DL'ers out there.

I will also endeavour to post less 'faux-Shakespeare' in future, even by my standards I'm not quite sure where that one came from; it's currently in the Pinochet thread, possibly heading for the trashcan...

Anyone know how many years after the event you can get acid flashbacks for? <_<

Syd Barrett never stopped havin' 'em, so that's four decades near as makes no odds!

So 40 years on top of the first one I did aged 17 or 18; hopefully I won't get them in the afterlife, because I reckon I'll be there long before 2031/2032. <_<

Anyone know how many years after the event you can get acid flashbacks for? <_<

Ahem, well, cough splutter. Do let me know when you find out. ;)

I must go now, there's a cow on top of the computer.

Anyone know how many years after the event you can get acid flashbacks for? :lol:

lsdscoobydooscd7.jpg

"Flashbacks" are experienced only by a tiny minority of those who have used psychedelics. Even then, the intensity with which a "flashback" (i.e. the experience of being temporarily under the influence of the drug) is experienced can vary greatly, and is only very rarely at the full strength of the original experience. Most "flashbacks" are just a vivid memory of the original experience, often triggered by a "sensory simile"; a taste, smell, sound, feeling, or sight that reminds you strongly of what you felt whilst under the influence of the drug.

One of the most common myths is that LSD stays in your body forever (many people think it stays in the spinal fluid), emerging occasionally to give a "flashback". This is only a myth and contradicts all medical research into the subject. LSD is fully metabolised by the body within 24 hours of ingestion.

"Flashbacks" are a purely psychological phenomenon and are determined largely by other factors to do with the patient's mental health. If the person is generally more prone to mental instability or psychotic episodes (like Syd Barrett who, I suspect, was always going to turn out a few sandwiches short of a picnic no matter what drugs he did or didn't do), they will be more likely to experience "flashbacks" and vice-versa. From personal experience, I can say that I've done lots and lots of hallucinogens, and never once had a "flashback" of any type. Taking psychedelic drugs does not guarantee mental degradation of any kind, but those prone to mental health issues should certainly avoid doing mind-bending drugs in the first place!

For a wealth of other info, Erowid is an excellent resource.

Meanwhile, back in the Diana thread, that grainy photo looks like a sh*tty fake to me; I could probably do better in Microsoft Paint. If someone was going to publish "disturbing" or "harrowing" pictures, I reckon they'd better be more detailed, more graphic and more shocking than that! As for the right royal furore surrounding the publication of those pics, I mean really, who cares? You'd think that Wills and his ginger half-brother Harry would be so jaded by the constant reminders that their mother was a drug-fuelled nymphomaniac billionaire's/squaddie's playtoy that they would no longer be bothered by some piss-poor photo supposed to be of her dying in a car crash, wouldn't you?

lsdscoobydooscd7.jpg

"Flashbacks" are experienced only by a tiny minority of those who have used psychedelics.

[edit]

Taking psychedelic drugs does not guarantee mental degradation of any kind, but those prone to mental health issues should certainly avoid doing mind-bending drugs in the first place!

For a wealth of other info, Erowid is an excellent resource.

Cheers for the info SC, I must admit that I originally asked in jest to excuse the quality of some of my posting, but still good to know. I had always had a suspicion that hallucinogens would at worst tip someone over the edge who was already teetering, rather than having a direct cause & effect, but always good to have suspicions confirmed. Doesn't explain why I keep imagining I'm still back in 'Nam though. :lol:

And it's just a coincidence that my last Avatar looked almost exactly the same as the picture on the acid tabs above, or at least it's a coincidence on my part..

Meanwhile, back in the Diana thread..

[edit]

...a car crash, wouldn't you?

Briefly flirting with the topic in hand, even taking into account the slightly better resolution of the picture that Captain Oates provided a link to, it's still rubbish. The fact is that could easily be a 1985 picture of any self-respecting New Romantic lying on the floor after an exhausting night out, with their collar up in the correct style of the time.

Quite why a naked man with a drill is attacking the person in question I'm not so sure, although listening to too much Kajagoogoo would probably drive most people to it.

To me, disturbing or harrowing generally (but I admit not exlusively) means blood and/or gore. A photo of a dead or dying person in itself doesn't do it for me; my New Romantic speculation above is relevant insofar as you can't even necessarily tell from the picture that there's anything wrong or who it is. So if it's just the constant reminders of the 'Princess of Hearts' that are harrowing, then that should apply to any picture or video footage of her at all, or even merely the continued press speculation over nothing at all.

Maybe I'd feel different if pictures of my dead mother kept appearing in the press, but she's not and they're not likely to so I can't judge my reactions. However, I cannot on principle (a rare one for me) accept the 'you've not been there, so what can you possibly know?' style of argument as a valid one, so I'll stick with what I said above.

TLC wrote:

Doesn't explain why I keep imagining I'm still back in 'Nam though.

Maybe there comes a time when you have to ask yourself whether you've been watching your Rambo DVD boxset too much, TLC. It happens to the best of us. At the time of writing I am very close to losing my driving licence as a result of painting my Nissan red and sticking a white stripe down it and performing doughnuts in the High Street. I feel the urge whenever I crack open my Starsky & Hutch season one.

And as for what happens when I crack open my Buffy boxsets is best left to speculation...

And as for what happens when I crack open my Buffy boxsets is best left to speculation...
Well resuced BHB, I was veering towards topic relevancy for a moment.

I too have some Buffy box sets. Far from needing to speculate, I'm desperately trying to think of anything else. I presume the use of phrase 'crack open' was purposeful, presumably to enhance the unpleasantness of any speculations by your fellow DL'ers?

Well resuced BHB, I was veering towards topic relevancy for a moment.

I too have some Buffy box sets. Far from needing to speculate, I'm desperately trying to think of anything else. I presume the use of phrase 'crack open' was purposeful, presumably to enhance the unpleasantness of any speculations by your fellow DL'ers?

:D

Darn, you sussed me!

It would have been someones silver wedding anniversary today (were it not for divorce quickly followed by death.

Happy anniversary Diana! :)

It would have been someones silver wedding anniversary today (were it not for divorce quickly followed by death.

Happy anniversary Diana! :angry:

I wonder if Chas & Camilla had a little party to celebrate?

No, they generally wait until the end of August for that. :angry:

No, they generally wait until the end of August for that. :angry:

With a bit of grave-dancing no doubt.

A mate of mine was doing summer shut down work in a local factory on the wedding day, the factory were obliged to pay quadruple time to muster a work force. My mate cleared nearly two quid having a mid-afternoon sh*t, as a lifelong anti-monarchist he counted it the first decent thing the royals had done for him.

Charles and Camilla were photographed kissing on the day of the anniversary, prompting photos and articles with comparisons of that kiss and the wedding-day kiss on the balcony in 1981.

Guess it's a slow news day over there?

I joined the Royal Blue Forum a few months ago but found it boring. So I never went back.

The people there have no personality - a bit like Susan from the Unofficial Royal News.

You might like this forum; parts of it are unmoderated so you can be as outspoken as you like:

http://forums.theroyalist.net/

I joined the Royal Blue Forum a few months ago but found it boring. So I never went back.

The people there have no personality - a bit like Susan from the Unofficial Royal News.

You might like this forum; parts of it are unmoderated so you can be as outspoken as you like:

http://forums.theroyalist.net/

Windsor isn't a f****n orphan anymore. Now he might have a home. And don't you think it's about time Windsor is let back into the Royal Forums? I mean he's 19 years old. He could get married and have kids. For god sakes he could get divorced.

Today marks one of the most important anniversaries of the year!

Yes, you've guessed it!

Today is the first anniversary of the great Trolling of The Royal Forums!

Oh yes, some cow died 9 years ago today aswell...

It still brings a tear to my eyes when I remember those poor boys walking so bravely behind their dearly beloved mother's coffin. And the flowers atop the coffin, with the card inscribed, in childish hand, with the single, poignant word "Mummy".

It still brings a tear to my eyes when I remember those poor boys walking so bravely behind their dearly beloved mother's coffin. And the flowers atop the coffin, with the card inscribed, in childish hand, with the single, poignant word "Mummy".

turns out that was Mohamed Al Fayed's handwriting - he was confused about the embalming and burial methods used in the UK and addressed the card for the afterlife

turns out that was Mohamed Al Fayed's handwriting - he was confused about the embalming and burial methods used in the UK and addressed the card for the afterlife

:P:);)

Behave yourself, dear... :P

So Entropy, are the normal tributes pouring in over at your forum?

Was it members of your forum who organised a small remembrance outside Kensington Palace this morning?

Did your forum stage a vigil which invited people to sit round their computers in candle light?

I was watching a documentary last night on E4 called 'Di's Guys'.

A typical Diana thing came up.

When she was dating that Pakistani Heart doctor, she was caught leaving the hospital in the early morning. She then claimed to the press that she was visiting the sick and the dying in the early hours of the morning.

She was, infact, snuggling up with her doctor friend.

Makes you wonder what she was doing with all those prostitutes on the streets of London...

Behave yourself, dear... :P

So Entropy, are the normal tributes pouring in over at your forum?

Was it members of your forum who organised a small remembrance outside Kensington Palace this morning?

Did your forum stage a vigil which invited people to sit round their computers in candle light?

I was watching a documentary last night on E4 called 'Di's Guys'.

A typical Diana thing came up.

When she was dating that Pakistani Heart doctor, she was caught leaving the hospital in the early morning. She then claimed to the press that she was visiting the sick and the dying in the early hours of the morning.

She was, infact, snuggling up with her doctor friend.

Makes you wonder what she was doing with all those prostitutes on the streets of London...

Actually, no it doesn't. It makes me wonder why anybody would want to watch a documentary called 'Di's Guys'. To paraphrase Anubis: just let it go, she's not worth it.