Pretend to be in a boyband.

[Don't maximise until it has started]

Thats a bit 'different'.

Pretend to be in a boyband.

[Don't maximise until it has started]

HAHAHA that's excellent B - the wee guy on the left is priceless hahaha

watch some http://www.stupidvideos.com.

btw: post no:300 for me! ;)

Congrats on your 300th post! (Love your avatar)

Congratulations on your 300th post as well

Regards,

ff ;)

Repent you sinners.

Well worth exploring, especially their Amazon store!

7937389_F_tn.jpg

I liked this Halloween card, don't know what all the Halloween fuss is about.

Stupid American Holiday.

I would not consider it an American Holiday, as it started in Europe and is celebrated by several other countries in the Western world.

Halloween

Stupid American Holiday.

Hallowe'en rocks. The problem is that the British do NOT know how to celebrate it, so all you end up with is groups of teenagers wandering around wearing Scream masks.

The true spirit of Hallowe'en involves loads of children in all manner of fabulous costumes, all of which have been made big enough to accommodate a snowsuit should it be needed. Then, a lot of trudging and singing for candy occurs, regardless of the temperature. The singing should follow along these lines:

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet,

Give me something good to eat!

Not too big, not too small,

Just the size of Montreal!

And once you've got a pillowcase full of tastiness, you run home because it's f*cking freezing, and then your parent(s) trawl your haul to check for homemade items, and then you eat as much as possible in one go and make yourself ill.

Ah, the memories... :unsure::ph34r::dead::pop::pop::blink:

i suppose you could always ponder how the world will die before you finally pop your clogs

Stupid American Holiday.

Hallowe'en rocks. The problem is that the British do NOT know how to celebrate it,

The problem is the Americans have sanitized Halloween, and turned it into a kiddie holiday.

They have then gone and exported this pestiferous culture worldwide.

I remember scsi telling me about one halloween when he was a teenager, kids would come to his door as usual holding out bags saying 'trick or treat' (or 'any'hing fer halloween mate ' as is normal Scottish custom), scsi and his pals would take the proffered bags into the kitchen, empty out the sweets the kids had got from other houses, stuff in a couple of apples to make the bags seem heavier, give them back and then spend the night enjoying the 'weans' sweets!.

God I do love them Sweeties :lol:;);)

so on that note...anyone have anything for Halloween :lol:

I loved Halloween in days gone by, but I'm sick of answering the door to five or more teenagers wearing "Scream" masks.

"Trick or treat or give us money instead!"

Thank God that replica firearms still have a place in U.K society.

;) Now there's an idea for the next line in DeathList merchandise... :P

I loved Halloween in days gone by, but I'm sick of answering the door to five or more teenagers wearing "Scream" masks.

Yeah, I have to say I found the whole 'money' thing over here really strange. When I was young (oh, the memories...) we wore UNICEF boxes round our necks and everyone who gave us candy also put money into the boxes, then we took them into school. I may be becoming cynical in my old age, but I would guess that nowadays the boxes would simply be nicked by the kids once they're full. Or maybe I only think that because that's what I would do now... ;)

Well how else are they going to afford a new hoodie??

Shell suits are also quite pricey nowadays.

Yeah, I have to say I found the whole 'money' thing over here really strange. When I was young (oh, the memories...) we wore UNICEF boxes round our necks and everyone who gave us candy also put money into the boxes, then we took them into school. I may be becoming cynical in my old age, but I would guess that nowadays the boxes would simply be nicked by the kids once they're full. Or maybe I only think that because that's what I would do now... ;)

I've never heard of that, my dad used to line up columns of pennies (these were the days when you could buy a packet of crisps for 5p) and give a column to each kid along with nuts, fruit and sweets, no charity was ever mentioned, everything went to the kid but he did make them sing a song or tell a joke to earn what they got and he had a treacle scone *they had to take a bite from it while we all laughed, so they earned their treats, myself and my brothers never trick or treated we had more fun watching all the other kids trying to get the treacle scone!

*It's a large scone, baked in the oven then covered in treacle, it is strung to a ceiling, door lintel etc by a string and you have to try and bite a bit out of it while it swings back and forth, needless to say you end up with a face covered in treacle, great fun and our doorbell went non stop on halloween, my mum had to make more scones every year!

I've never heard of that, my dad used to line up columns of pennies (these were the days when you could buy a packet of crisps for 5p) and give a column to each kid along with nuts, fruit and sweets, no charity was ever mentioned, everything went to the kid but he did make them sing a song or tell a joke to earn what they got and he had a treacle scone *they had to take a bite from it while we all laughed, so they earned their treats, myself and my brothers never trick or treated we had more fun watching all the other kids trying to get the treacle scone!

*It's a large scone, baked in the oven then covered in treacle, it is strung to a ceiling, door lintel etc by a string and you have to try and bite a bit out of it while it swings back and forth, needless to say you end up with a face covered in treacle, great fun and our doorbell went non stop on halloween, my mum had to make more scones every year!

It used to be one of the big UNICEF fundraising campaigns every year, and almost every kid would have one. Don't know if they still do it or not.

We used to play the treacle scone game at our birthday parties, but not with scones, with doughnuts. That was always one of my favourites. ;)