maryportfuncity

Fats Domino

Saxophonist Herb Hardesty, heard on most of Fats' recordings, has died aged 91. http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/herb-hardesty-best-known-as-fats-dominos-saxophonist-dies-at-91/362631252

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Hardesty

Ain't that a shame...

Just an FYI I almost never click on these 2016Names links and I can't be alone in that. IOW 99% of what's posted here is banter--not even health updates--and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about any of these folks on DL, so I mark as read and move on.

Please don't bury an obit here, especially when the person is of repute.

That is all.

SC

You are becoming a tiresome troll.

• Like 4

Saxophonist Herb Hardesty, heard on most of Fats' recordings, has died aged 91. http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/herb-hardesty-best-known-as-fats-dominos-saxophonist-dies-at-91/362631252

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Hardesty

Ain't that a shame...

Just an FYI I almost never click on these 2016Names links and I can't be alone in that. IOW 99% of what's posted here is banter--not even health updates--and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about any of these folks on DL, so I mark as read and move on.

Please don't bury an obit here, especially when the person is of repute.

That is all.

SC

You are becoming a tiresome troll.

Yes but, well, look at the post count!!!!!!!

He must be pissed every year for his Birthday he is forced to eat Blueberry pie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

He always says "I'm ready", while deadpoolers wonder if he'll be going home tomorrow...

• Like 1

he was on my 2012 deathlist - definately a possibility i will use him for my 2018 list just dont die too quick oke man :tantrum:

On 28/02/2017 at 22:13, CaptainChorizo said:

No, he gets a thrill from it.

just wondered.. is his name actually pronounced as domino (like the game or pizza place) or is there like an accent to it (think italian)

3 hours ago, MDavidSteel said:

just wondered.. is his name actually pronounced as domino (like the game or pizza place) or is there like an accent to it (think italian)

He doesn't seem too Italian to me.

• Like 3

His eyes don't look the greatest though. Plus, he's not one I'd expect to make it to the century mark. 

Still sporting nifty trainers - so likely getting himself around okay. No sign of a carefully parked wheelchair in that shot and he is twisting his body, not caught in the act of falling off the piano stool, right?

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Still sporting nifty trainers

I wear a pair like that myself, the velcro fasteners make them easy to get on and off, $10 from Walmart ;) velcro fasteners

I think he looks great for 89.

With Chuck Berry's passing, is Fats now the oldest soul in Rock and Roll?

I can't think of anybody else older unless you count Dave Bartholomew (born 1918, 98 years old) but I don't know if his stuff can be considered 100% rock. (he's in the RnR HoF tho)

Ironically, Bartholomew is a long time collaborator and friend of Domino (he composed "Ain't That a Shame" and "Blue Monday", among others.)

Here you can see the two artists reunited a couple years ago. From the looks of it, Dave will probably live to be 110. Can't say the same about Fats tho.

If this is a recent picture (and it looks like it), he will be the second rock legend to reach 90, and unlike Berry, he might surpass it.

5751c3835f95a.image.jpg

1 minute ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

If this is a recent picture (and it looks like it), he will be the second rock legend to reach 90, and unlike Berry, he might surpass it.

5751c3835f95a.image.jpg

Remember though, Berry looked good when he was turning 90 as well. He died 5 months later...

• Like 1