Harvester Of Souls

Jacques Chirac

Yep, at least the politicians then had the excuse that the Nazi's were unstoppable(valid or not)

But what is Chirac's excuse for France's present state.

I concur... Good arguement.

I hope he doesn't die. I am a hardcore Francophile and would be sad to see him go. Don't think it is fair to blame "all of France's current problems" on him and those problems appear fairlyt transitory anyway. Think twice aboiut what the combined intelleigence of Britain has elected as Prime Minister before having a pop at JC.

Blair may be a total liar and tosser, but Chirac is corrupt, just like most Frog politicians.

Shouldn't that read: "...just like most politicians."?

I am a Francophobe, in case you hadn't guessed.

I am, frankly, indifferent. Paris is fun, though.

reghards,

Hein

reghards,

Hein

I agree. Paris is a good place to visit. However, I find Parisians very, very rude people. I have a number of friends (both British and French) who live in various French locations outside of the capital and they also think Parisians give the French a bad name. Otherwise I have no problems with our green cousins - and the lucky gits have just about everything you need in a country.

DWB <_<

Guest A viewer
<_< Not food poisoning then!!!!

reghards,

Hein

I agree. Paris is a good place to visit. However, I find Parisians very, very rude people. I have a number of friends (both British and French) who live in various French locations outside of the capital and they also think Parisians give the French a bad name. Otherwise I have no problems with our green cousins - and the lucky gits have just about everything you need in a country.

DWB <_<

What's that then, political extremism, high unemployment, crap wines and shitty shop opening hours.

I was thinking of the 'country' itself, not the local customs. Decent skiing, excellent beaches in the South, perfect wine producing regions, that sort of thing. Politics and shop opening hours are always changable.

DWB :)

Having lived in Britain and France, I know where I'd rather be.

I agree with DWB, Paris is not a friendly place and I think most French people would agree too.

Down here in the South West, the weather is beautiful, the people are friendly, the wine is good, cheap and plentiful. The pace of life is different and the French in my opinion have their priorities right ie family and home before work, which is why 24 hour shopping is neither necessary nor desirable. 24 hour eating and drinking however.....

Paris is a good place to visit. However, I find Parisians very, very rude people.

Yes, Parisiens can be rude, but so can I. Speaking the language a bit helps too.

I have a number of friends (both British and French) who live in various French locations outside of the capital and they also think Parisians give the French a bad name. Otherwise I have no problems with our green cousins - and the lucky gits have just about everything you need in a country.

Nice piece of real estate, France. As far as I know the French have no greater twunt percentage than other European peoples.

regards,

Hein

I agree with DWB, Paris is not a friendly place and I think most French people would agree too.

Down here in the South West, the weather is beautiful, the people are friendly, the wine is good, cheap and plentiful. The pace of life is different and the French in my opinion have their priorities right ie family and home before work, which is why 24 hour shopping is neither necessary nor desirable. 24 hour eating and drinking however.....

Ah, yes the South of France, home of Petains Vichy collaborators.

The place where the French actively helped to deport their Jews to concentration camps.

No thanks, I'll stick with blighty.

You're absolutely right Tempus, what the Vichy Collaborators did was indefensible, but my comparison is of France and Britain in 2005.

Whilst on the subject, any discussion of concentration camps should begin with the British in South Africa.

Ah, yes the South of France, home of Petains Vichy collaborators.

The place where the French actively helped to deport their Jews to concentration camps.

No thanks, I'll stick with blighty.

You're absolutely right Tempus, what the Vichy Collaborators did was indefensible, but my comparison is of France and Britain in 2005.

Whilst on the subject, any discussion of concentration camps should begin with the British in South Africa.

When you look at what they did to black South Africans.

That was a precognitive pre-emptive strike against the Boers.

So, what you're saying here Tempus is that German concentration camps were bad, but British concentration camps were good?