Sign in to follow this  
in eternum+

Premature Burial

Anybody watch the C5 programme about premature burial that was just on? Apparently, some woman who is narcoleptic cataplectic has been pronounced dead three times in her life, taken to the morgue etc., only to force herself to wake up at the last moment, before she was buried alive.

As all good things come in 3s, I reckon her good fortune is up, and she may therefore not be as lucky after her next attack. (Her last serious attack, according to the programme, was in the 70s so she's probably due another one soon).

Famous enough? She's now starred in her very own C5 programme, and is probably the only woman who can be known for dying at least three times. This does not contravene the DL rule about being famous exclusively for being ill; I guess she'd be famous for being dead - repeatedly! She may well be a promising candidate for next year.

BTW - according to the programme, at least 4% of WWII US soldiers were buried alive; that's 6,000 minimum. Of course, there's no actual proof of this, but if it's on TV it must be true. The US really haven't been doing very well lately, have they??

Here in America we do not have channel C5, I wish we did, I want to see this show

Here in America we do not have channel C5, I wish we did, I want to see this show

Well, channel 5 isn't really known for it's quality programming...

Various tidbits gleaned from this programme include:

"The reaction of any normal person to finding themselves in close proximity to dead bodies is to be shocked."

and

the alleged 'fact' that hair doesn't grow after death, the skin retracts due to loss of water content

and finally

there was an 'expert' who stated that proof of premature burial, such as scratch marks on the inside of the coffin, wasn't proof at all. Those scratch marks are actually caused by the gasses in the organs exploding and spewing corrosive juice everywhere.

Not sure what to make of the above 'facts'. Of the experts interviewed on the programme, one was wearing a bow tie, and the other was named Dr Dribble. Still, I'm into the woman who has died three times...

Here in America we do not have channel C5

In the far western and remote land of Devon we don't have Channel 5 either.

It only bothers me when there is nothing else on the other 4 channels and I can't get to watch "The World's Greatest Police Chases"

Here in America we do not have channel C5

In the far western and remote land of Devon we don't have Channel 5 either.

It only bothers me when there is nothing else on the other 4 channels and I can't get to watch "The World's Greatest Police Chases"

At least Channel 4 can be trusted to bring you such quality programmes as "101 Things to do with a Corpse". :)

Still, I'm into the woman who has died three times...

You and Jimmy Saville both then.

Those scratch marks are actually caused by the gasses in the organs exploding and spewing corrosive juice everywhere.

I've heard that these gases can make a corpse appear to sit up.

Apparently, it's unwritten policy amongst mortuary workers not to let the new guy know about this B)

Guest IYG

Do they still have those caskets with the bells in case of premature burials?

I want mine fitted with a car alarm, emergency oxygen supply and a Satellite Navigation system. It's not too much to ask in this day and age..

... Satellite Navigation system.

Just in case you're accidentally buried at sea?

Makes sense. B)

regards,

Hein

Just in case you're accidentally buried at sea?

Makes sense. B)

It could happen.

Honestly, Hein, it's no laughing matter. My wishes are all recorded in my Living Will, along with the need for a coffin equipped with jet engines and rocket fuel.

I've heard that these gases can make a corpse appear to sit up.

Well, according to the experts, this is urban myth and does not actually happen. Much to the disappointment of the Six Feet Under writers, I'm sure.

Not sure what I want to happen to my body when I'm finished with it; maybe something like this. B)

Guest IYG

I want mine fitted with a car alarm, emergency oxygen supply and a Satellite Navigation system. It's not too much to ask in this day and age..

You forgot cable television.

Would you like fries with that?

No thanks. Just you B)

Guest IYG

No thanks. Just you B)

Sex in a coffin. I'm so sick. :lol:

Sex in a coffin. I'm so sick. :lol:

Don't knock it until you've tried it B)