Paul Bearer

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

ps the above is all true by the way.

It can't all be true, surely... I saw at least one post by iain up there, for a kick-off. :lol:

I used a ouija board once. With some friends, my mate Tarquil was trying to summon his great uncle Bartholomew. The five of us linked hands, took a deep breath, and began to pray. At first, nothing, then slowly, almost imperceptibly, the board began to shift. A shimmer, then a shake, and the pieces started to rattle. It was the most intense experience of my life. The planchette began to move, and landed squarely on capital "B". It then moved in a steady, almost determined pattern and traced out the letters "u - l - l - s - h - i - t".

ps the above is all true by the way.

It can't all be true, surely... I saw at least one post by iain up there, for a kick-off. :P

:D I can't really complain about being pulled up on my grammar after my last post on this thread can I? But I meant everything I put in my post, of course.

However, now I've temporarily recovered from my latest lapse into Catholic-style guilt (despite not being at all religious in either inclination or upbringing) I have more to say on the matter, you'll all be delighted to hear. :lol:

Fear not, this time it will be done in a constructive way about the points raised in the post, rather than just trying to be clever about grammar usage, and failing.

There was no visual image in the nightmare, just horrible pain of numbness sweeping through my body, like bad engery or "negative vibes".
The numbness (or something similar) can actually happen in normal (ish) circumstances, something to do with your body being effectively paralysed during a certain level of sleep (can't remember which, possibly the rapid eye movement stage) and then waking up before the body comes back out of paralysis. This has happened to me dozens of times, and I'll admit it's a little scary at the time because you want to struggle to sit up but you can't even struggle because you can't feel anything. It's not like being tied down (so I've heard) because that gives you something to struggle against. Can't comment on the pain of numbness without saying something glib, so I'll refrain.
Something very evil, something anti-christ
I just like the drama of that sentence, honestly. :o
I had the same night-mare more or less every night. Years later, when I had grown up a bit (prehaps I was 13/14)
For four years, night after night? I can see why this has had such an impact on your life then, whatever my actual opinion of what happened. That must have been bad.
I don't wish it upon anyone to see a ghost, as it is probably the worst experience of my life, but then again I want more people to see them
Will that really make you feel better if everyone else relives the worst experience of their life every night for four years? Again, that might sound a little like an attempt from me to 'score points' or whatever, but that's how it reads to me however often I re-read it. If I have misunderstood please let me know.
Whenever you feel a numbness/pins and needles/tingles in your legs, it's a sign that a ghost is present
Without meaning to be rude, bad circulation or lack of movement can also be the cause of this sensation occasionally. Sorry, that was a little euphemistic, I mean pretty much always the cause.
I have even visited a pshyic( spelling?), and they told me that it is when a ghost is passing through you.
Again, I'm not doubting the sincerity of your story, but I heard the same well constructed hypothesis when I was still at primary school from one of my classmates. I didn't really believe it then, but that might just be my basic inability to understand the sentimental side of people. Psychics seem to make up for a lack of facts with large dollops of what people want to believe sometimes.

Talking of my inability to understand the sentimental side of people, who'd have thought there was so much information about my emotional state contained in just one of my posts? You're probably right though, I prefer to look at the sentimental side of people minus the senti- . The two are often quite closely linked as far as I can tell, but I'm hardly objective on this.

One of my biggest problems with the human race (I've started now) is the insistence on getting everyone to put more credence in superstition, fate, destiny, the refusal to believe that unlikely coincidences can be anything other than God's will, organised religion, charms, omens, healing crystals, unicorn figurines etc.

I realise that some things work that we don't know why at the moment (a Donald Rumsfeld 'known unknown' I think) and some things we see as scientific fact will prove laughable in the future, but some people are much more likely to believe self-appointed psychics, healers, tarot readers etc. without question than to believe things presented scientifically. Scienctists can be wrong of course, but at least they can show you the reasoning behind their conclusions. Whenever psychic readings are secretly filmed and analysed, they always appear much vaguer that when the reading was taking place, but does it stop anyone going and believing?

Phew, feel better now. I hope you realise that wasn't all aimed at you Ms Anderson, I've clearly got some other 'issues' here.

Feel free to comment or ignore as you see fit.

My mother use to have a man appear in the hallway and walk to the bath room every night at around 12.00. This went on for years. He never said a word. I think once he may have said something like 'What are you doing here? but then went on to his buesness. Once he went inside the bathroom, he never came back out.

Did she make you call him 'Uncle'?

Borley Rectory a link I've just posted on the Patrick Moore thread. How can we not believe in ghosts when the most haunted house in Britain posts here?

The Sun exclusive a Jumbo jet used for filming the new Bond movie is haunted. Is this true or is this damn good PR for the new film?

Despite my long rambling posts on this thread I just realised I've not actually answered the question 'Do you believe in ghosts?'

I don't really believe in ghosts or life after death, although I'm always prepared to change my mind if something gives me reason to.

But thanks to Cher & her wobbly voiced pop anthem I do at least believe in life after love.

Ariel Sharon is alive after death, sort of thing.

send.your.abuse.here@gmail.com

Get your jpaaas outta here.

Incidentally, don't send them any abuse, they'll capture your e-mail address and sell it on.

spam links disabled [HCW]

Not sure if this counts as an actual ghost but someone is going around the internet saying that Rod Hull is their spirit guide:

http://endlessagony.com/Problem_detail.asp...problem_id=4965

Perhaps this person can find out what made him do a dumbass thing like climbing on his roof at 63 years old!

I too have a spirit guide. His name is Monsieur le cocktail menu. He advises me which cocktails contain southern comfort or red bull thus inadvertantly telling me which ones to avoid.

I'm not a great believer in ghosts however there has been an increase in supernatural activity in my place of work (care home) this weekend.

Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen speaking to the cook at her side of the kitchen. At the time my workmate was using the toilet. As I was speaking, I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. I turned to speak to what I thought was my workmate to tell him, 'About time'. When I turned, there was no one there.

I walked to the other side of the kitchen. No sign of anyone. I then asked the cook, 'Did you see someone coming in here just now?'. She said she thought she did. She then did exactly the same as me and checked the other side of the kitchen. We both just looked at each other rather spooked out. We were absolutely convinced that we saw a figure walk across the kitchen - but didn't see anyone when we turned round.

After the cook left on the same day, me and my workmate were left to clean down the kitchen. I went off to get my coat and when I got back into the kitchen, my workmate looked at me the same way the cook had looked at me earlier on. He explained that he thought that he had seen, from the corner of his eye, someone going into the cupboard. When he looked up, there was no-one there. It's pretty odd that all this happened on the same day. It's not like we freaked each other out by the first incident - we just had a laugh about that.

Then today, I overheard one of the carers saying that people had been seeing a figure going about the carehome. I then told her that we had seen something in the kitchen the previous day. She then told me that many people had had the same experience. Escpecially regarding one particular figure wearing a hat.

Spooky.

"There are more things in Heaven & Earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

As once having been trained in a developing circle to become a meduim I feel kinda amazed that some people cannot comprehend of their being a surving human personality after death !

yours totally Spooky

DA Bear

:dead3:

II overheard one of the carers saying that people had been seeing a figure going about the carehome. I then told her that we had seen something in the kitchen the previous day. She then told me that many people had had the same experience. Escpecially regarding one particular figure wearing a hat.

You didn't mention a hat. Neither did the cook, or your workmate. So there must be at least two ghosts, or one ghost with a haunted hat that can appear/disappear of its own free will.

Spooky.

You didn't mention a hat. Neither did the cook, or your workmate. So there must be at least two ghosts, or one ghost with a haunted hat that can appear/disappear of its own free will.

Spooky.

Now you're just being silly. :crossbone:

He obviously took it off. :(

My Mother is a medium! (Please no mine is a large/small jokes please). She has had regular rendezvous with people stuck in Limbo! I am a bit skeptical and have not allowed myself to see my mother in action. I am going to go in the next few weeks, i will divulge my findings here, maybe there is some truth or maybe my mother is one of those stupid lying twonks who are up for a easy bob or two telling someone old widow that her husband that they cant get a name for is happy!

My Mother is a medium! (Please no mine is a large/small jokes please). She has had regular rendezvous with people stuck in Limbo! I am a bit skeptical and have not allowed myself to see my mother in action. I am going to go in the next few weeks, i will divulge my findings here, maybe there is some truth or maybe my mother is one of those stupid lying twonks who are up for a easy bob or two telling someone old widow that her husband that they cant get a name for is happy!

I have seen your mother in action, and let me tell you it's worth the ticket price! That trick she do with her crystal ball? It made my eyes watering.

(Raising my hands up in the air) .. Come again?

A nasty bunch of bullying arseholes preying on the gullible lonely. "Did anyone here have a... a mother? Yes, a mother, I'm strongly feeling someone's mum."

That said it makes for great telly.

"I'm strongly feeling someone's mum."

Ooer, missus.

Is that ouija board rising or are you just glad to see me?

I believe I'm channeling the spirit of Frankie Howerd.

Pope said Limbo doesn't exist anymore. :angry:

Pope said Limbo doesn't exist anymore. :ph34r:

I bet that depends on how many drinks he has had

maybe my mother is one of those stupid lying twonks who are up for a easy bob or two telling someone old widow that her husband that they cant get a name for is happy!

I'd wager every penny to my name it's the lying twonk option. Just once could someone present a single shred of credible evidence that ghosts exist. The amazing thing is the number of otherwise perfectly reasonable people who insist they or someone very close to them has had an experience with a ghost.

Liars.