Paul Bearer

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

My Mother is .........

...not a medium but she is a firm believer in ghosts and just about everything else that could be called supernatural.

I've never been persuaded by her theories and have never seen or otherwise experienced anything ghostly but neither has anyone positively proven to me that ghosts and supernatural things don't or can't exist. It probably wouldn't be in anyone's interest to do publish such a "disproof" even if it could possibly be constructed and the author would have to be someone who knows a lot more about the universe than anyone I have ever heard of!

P.S. Captain's Mate tells me he saw some goats yesterday, but was unable to prove that they exist, when challenged. :ph34r:

The problem is 'how exactly' can you prove ghosts exist if they did exist? I've resided my opinion that the super natural is science - but science unexplained. You see the mind is something that we only understand about 32% of. It's possible that electricities or certain gases provoke illusions\sounds that don't exist. I believe this could be an explanation for some cases but as far as scratch marks\physical encounters\ go it just doesn't add up. A certain sensitivity of the mind might be able to pick up occurrences that are or have gone on in a certain period of time in a certain area. The answer to these questions lies in the future exploration of the human mind and understanding it's true properties and what else it has to offer.

My mother truly believes she had a vision one day, and God appeared to her.

Me... I have taken enough hallucinogenic drugs back in the day to know that the brain has the potential to show you lots of weird and wonderful things that are not really there.

I understand that there are things that science can still not explain, but that is not to say that they are “supernatural”. In the past, people couldn’t explain thunder or the sun, and those were the gods... but now we know better. I expect that quite a few of our “supernatural” mysteries will be explained in due course.

I can remember a few years back some of my friends thought they saw a ghost.

Turned out it was just my Uncle Eric. :lol:

C9ZOg.jpg

Just screencapped the frontpage, definitely looks like a ghost to me.