Paul Bearer

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Why do ghosts have to wear Victorian garb? What happened to all the folks that died in the 1970s? Do they come back wearing huge flares and F**k-off collars on their shirts?

Actually, you'll find photographic evidence in historical archives that ghosts can appear in Victorian garb, 1970's gear and indeed in the outfit of a medieval jester...

series1.jpg

A nice photo of very inactive member "Custard" there.

Hey Janeo, whatever happened to Custard? - didn't work in the same place or something?

DWB :lol:

Why do ghosts have to wear Victorian garb? What happened to all the folks that died in the 1970s? Do they come back wearing huge flares and F**k-off collars on their shirts?

Actually, you'll find photographic evidence in historical archives that ghosts can appear in Victorian garb, 1970's gear and indeed in the outfit of a medieval jester...

series1.jpg

So, are we saying that when you die and come back as a ghost, you have to be wearing exactly what you had on when you died, or can you move with the times? Obviously if the former is true that Conservative MP who died during kinky sex-games with an orange in his mouth is sure going through hell at the moment!

DWB :lol:

Sorry about the naff joke.

You are Jewish yet you don't believe in the King of the Jews?

Roses are red

Violets are blue-ish

If it wasn't for Christmas

We'd all be Jewish...

Just introducing a little seasonal motif into the proceedings as the supermarkets begin to stock up with Xmas treats....

O yes Hein magicians are very real. [snip]

Let's say not only am i very linked but to say the least very speacial.

BS, here's a real magician The Amazing Randi. Read his bio.

He'd be most interested in finding out how speacial [sic] you are. In fact, why not pop on over and earn yourself some easy money?

He'd be most interested in finding out how speacial [sic] you are. In fact, why not pop on over and earn yourself some easy money?

If you follow the link "Log of applicants" the page can't be found. Surprise surprise.

If you follow the link "Log of applicants" the page can't be found. Surprise surprise.

Hmm. Looks like there's a pretty big problem with all the JREF forums. Anyroad, here's one of 'em.

Guest Mr Magoo
So, are we saying that when you die and come back as a ghost, you have to be wearing exactly what you had on when you died, or can you move with the times?

Can I suggest that when they get round to executing Saddam, he is first dressed in stocking suspenders and a pink basque, that should provide a few laughs for future Iraqi ghost hunters!

:lol:

Guest Mystic Marvin
I walked into my bedroom at my parents home, looking for a book, the glass on my bedside table rose about 3 inches in the air, hovered for about 40 seconds then seemed to throw itself sideways across the room as if someone had thrown it, hit the desk my computer was on and smashed to the floor, there were no loose floorboards, no outside vibrations that could account for this and I was completely sober. But if you are not there it is hard to believe.

Most interesting, had your parents experienced anything similar? Does anyone know who the ghost may have been?

My sister claims to have been using a ouija board once with a friend and when they took their hands off the glass kept moving.

Can't say I have ever experienced anything like this but have heard a few tales from people who's word would be hard to doubt.

:lol:

Some friends & I held a seance once. After a short while we heard a tap-tap-tapping sound. It was the cat outside the door.

I'm supposed to have seen a ghost once while on holiday in Scotland. I was only about 2 at the time so I don't remember it. Apparantly I saw a white lady leaning over my cot telling me to go home. My mum trying to reassure me told me it was only my gran to which I replied "No this lady was pretty"

I didn't want this to develop into a religious " my gods better than your god" arguement. As the question was "Do you believe in ghosts?"

Guest Mr Magoo
I didn't want this to develop into a religious " my gods better than your god" arguement. As the question was "Do you believe in ghosts?"

I hope you are not trying to boycott the Holy Ghost!

:rip:

Or old spooky as us Catholics call him. :lol:

As the question was "Do you believe in ghosts?"

No, I believe in spirits, the 40% proof kind. :rip:

What a fine site Randi's is!

This challenger with an original, yet strangely familiar approach to English spelling also has trouble with "goats".

".

I dimly remember the good Mr. Randi doing his debunking thing on a TV program in the '80's. Probably Channel 4 when it was worth watching (other than for the cricket.)

A fine fellow and no mistake.

This challenger with an original, yet strangely familiar approach to English spelling also has trouble with "goats".

:rip:

Sorry, I wrote in gost proof "ink" grey. But if you want, you can hit select all, and then hit font or text tye, and change to black. But increases the chance of gost reading it.

Ghosts read the internet? No wonder our google rankings are so healthy.

I would also be interested to learn how to milk a goat just in case one should appear unexpectedly.

I think the important thing is to always carry a bucket. ;)

And the second most important point would be to make sure it's a nanny goat.

Not necessarily....

Not necessarily....

Given that Mr Gomes thought it was a boy goat, I found the following a bit disturbing:

He told Terra Noticias Populares: "When I bought it, it already had two small teats and when I fondled them lots of milk came out.

;)

I seem to have read this thread wrong!!!

I thought it was do you believe in ghosts?

Somehow it has changed to do you molest goats?

Really struggling to see the connection... :P

;)

Wozza

I notice you've not answered the question Wozza.

Maybe the question we should be asking is "Do goats have ghosts?"